Friday, June 12, 2015

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!!  Join us to share your Friday Favorites.  Andrea, Narci, and I do it every week and we'd love for you to join us!  

This was our first full week of summer and we have soaked up every single minute!!  We've had a BIG first week.

This was our last selfie in front of our house as the homeowners.  After much prayer, we decided to sell our home.  We are supposed to move later this month.  I know anything can happen until we officially close on the new one.  So we're praying for it all to go smoothly.  If not, God has a plan AND apartment living might be involved.  :)  Doing life and making big adult decisions can be scary at times, but doing it with my FAVORITE guy makes it all more fun!


All three kiddos have had swim lessons with their FAVORITE swim instructor, Mrs. Sally!  There was a little fussing on Bowen's part, but I was super impressed with him!  He's doing great!

 Reapplying sunscreen at the pool is not my FAVORITE!  The Slaughters (all five of us) have super light skin and we burn!  If we're at the pool for three hours, then I need to apply sunscreen a LOT during that time.  The first application is always no big deal, but getting kids to dry off to apply sunscreen is no one's favorite moment.  :(  By application number three yesterday, I agreed they could swim with white faces!

This kid does not get the competitive gene from me.  #hegetsitfromhisdad 
He is super competitive and works so hard when he puts his mind to something.  He is determined to never lose a race around the track to his sister or brother.  His determination is my FAVORITE! 

My new FAVORITE perfume!  Bond No. 9 The Hamptons...I found the best deal on Amazon.  A couple Saturdays ago we went to the gym and then out to lunch.  I was a sweaty mess from the gym.  I saw a sweet friend and went over to say hi.  She hugged me and my sweaty self and until I showered I smelled divine.  I immediately asked her what perfume she was wearing.  If you're in need of a light summery scent...this is what you need.

The kiddos and I ran errands yesterday before their last swim lesson.  We had a couple things to do at the mall, so in between errands we hit up the play area.  Bowen ran over to this spot and asked to have his picture taken with the cowboy.  Oh my!  Everything about this picture is a FAVORITE....Ebby Lee trying to be silly, Nixon trying to cover up the cowboy with his body just because, and Bowen smiling so big.

Getting to watch them on the last day of swim lessons is my FAVORITE!

The big kids were supposed to be doing "pencils" into the water to grab diving sticks off the bottom.

Check this kid out!  He came a long way in only four days.  He started out Monday just blowing bubbles in the water and by yesterday he was "jumping" off the board.  

One of my FAVORITE things arrived in the mail yesterday....a new ERIN CONDREN PLANNER!!  Last year was my first year to get one and I don't know how I lived without it all my life.  I LOVE my planner!

This year I'm trying something new and my pages run horizontally instead of vertically.  I realize now that I should have taken a picture for you!  So sorry!  I found this one online...

Typically the lifeplanners have the weekly layout in a vertical format.  I'm shaking it up this year and trying the horizontal format.  I can't wait to get started!!  Seriously for the longest time I didn't keep up with a planner, but I'd forget things ALL THE TIME!  I finally bit the bullet and purchased an Erin Condren planner and I've never looked back.  Trust me.  You'll love it!

Happy Friday!!

39 comments:

Grace said...

Sending lots of prayers your way for the new house. I can't wait to see it. Ahh those Erin Condren planners!! Love love love. Have a great weekend Erika!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you so much!!

Mix and Match Mama said...

I'm so excited for your sweet family! I know God has BIG plans for this move. I love how faithful you and Tab are to God's calling and direction. And PS: such cute pics of those three kiddos ;).

Narci said...

So happy for you guys!! Can't wait until you are settled in your new space!! :)

kimm atwood said...

Yay for a new fresh planner to start filling up! And congrats on your new home!

Elizabeth said...

My Life Planner is my favorite thing I carry!! It is an absolute lifesaver!! Why did you choose the Ready to Ship instead of personalizing it?? :)

Erika Slaughter said...

I personalized my last one and thought I'd try something different this time. :)

Elizabeth said...

What month does this planner start with? I'm a teacher and would really like one that is August through July. Good luck with your move!!

Erika Slaughter said...

This one goes from July to the following December-so 18 months.

Donna said...

Praying that your move goes smoothly/according to God's plan! I love the front of your planner, a great thought to see multiple times a day! :)

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

I am sooooooooooo impressed with Bowen!!!! I mean, seriously....Monday he was nervous about blowing bubbles. He must be so proud!!!!!

The Boutelle Family said...

Oh gosh! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has a hard time putting sunscreen on my kids (without them walking around looking like Powder!)

Anonymous said...

I'm curious what made you guys decide to move again and where you are going? Love your blog! Kate

susy marie said...

hi there,
My sister in law has an easy shop and makes the most adorable stickers for your Erin Condren Planners!!! Can i have your address to send you some? Her shop name is Papermintproject incase you want to check it out before hand! =)

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you, Donna!

Erika Slaughter said...

Just wait until you see him Mrs. Sheaffer!! :)

Erika Slaughter said...

Hahaha!!! I prefer to spray because it's easier but my kids always get sunburned if that's all I use.

Erika Slaughter said...

We're staying close! Just a couple miles away. This house is three bedrooms and an office that we turned into a bedroom so we just wanted a little more space-especially in the bedroom department. :)

Erika Slaughter said...

What's your email address?? I'd love that!!

live compassionately said...

Congrats on the new home! Big decisions are super scary! I'm thankful for a God who walks beside us every step of the way!

Kelsey Mann Peacock said...

Congratulations on your new home!! How exciting :) Looks like summer is off to a good start for the Slaughter family!
Kelsey
www.thepeacockroost.com

Whitney S. (Gracefully Mama) said...

Good luck & Congrats with the new home and upcoming move! I love my EC planner, but will have to definitely try the horizontal view next time. I didn't see that option when I last ordered. :( Also, love the pens!

Anonymous said...

can u tell us more about the move.. what inspired it? are u staying in your town? bigger home? smaller?
how long have u lived in your current home.. I love all 5)things house!

Erika Slaughter said...

As soon as we close on the new house I'll give all kinds of details but I know anything can happen until we sign those papers....so as soon as we close I'll post some pics and give lots of details. :)

Sarah Shaneyfelt said...

I love my Erin Condren! I don't know what I did without it!
Sarah at www.meettheshaneyfelts.blogspot.com

Mariah K said...

Yay for Erin Condren planners! Praying for things to go smoothly on your house; God DOES have a plan! Even when we don't understand it :)

Anonymous said...

I love a good summer fragrance! I have the rollerball of Replica Beach Walk. It has a very clean/beach smell to it. I also love the rollerball for travel. I will check the Hamptons scent out!! I have been seeing Bond No.9 all over youtube recently. God bless you & your family with your move!!
Suzanne

Jane @ anothermommablog.blogspot.com said...

LOL about the sunscreen. I feel the same way. My daughter has very light skin and burns easily, so that happens to us a lot in the summer :) Congrats on the new home. Moving is so exciting and a little stressful all at the same time, but it's wonderful to have someone to do it with.

mrspacman said...

I'm all about scents/fragrances but WOW the price on that perfume is outrageous!!!

Candice Ibarra said...

Hi Erika! Do you know if those planners ever go on sale?

Erika Slaughter said...

Maybe every on e in a while there a code for a percentage off? I'll let you know if I hear of one. :)

Erika Slaughter said...

I don't remember the last time I actually bought perfume so it was a total splurge.

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you so much!!

Erika Slaughter said...

I'll have to check that one out! I'd never heard of it before but fell in love with that scent.

bumpandrun chat said...

I love a good planner! Even though I use my iPhone calendar for it's convenience, I also use a paper planner. I'm picky when choosing one, but the one from Kate Spade has been treating me well this year! ~Ree

Jen R said...

So they make a "wet skin" sunscreen you could get! I think it's by Neutrogena?? I buy lots of it since we spend so much time at the beach and the pool..and just outside in general.
I linked up for some Friday Favorite fun :)
♥ Jen
A Splash of Life Blog

Lea said...

What wonderful favorites and what a precious family. Hoping all goes smoothly for you and the move. I've heard so much about the planner, going to have to check it out as I carry a planner all the time. Blessings for the week ahead!

Find Handmade said...

Like your pictures and the way you write with such clarity - you are an inspiration and it is so good to see you sharing your story! Keep up the great work, we appreciate it!

Candice Ibarra said...

Hey Erika! Im going to order one of these planners and I can't decide on the vertical or horizontal format. Do you like the horizontal or would you recommend the vertical? Thanks!