Thursday, June 11, 2015

Marla's Home Tour

Today I'm giving you ladies what you've been asking for for months!  :)

Marla is Tab's step-mom.  She is one of the sweetest, most fun ladies you'll ever meet.  And she knows how to decorate.  She's a big fan of HGTV, has tons of home magazine subscriptions, and studies up on the latest trends.  Her house looks great and today I'm sharing her downstairs with you.  If you have any questions about anything, please leave them in the comments and maybe I'll do a little Q and A with Marla sometime soon??  Enjoy the tour...


Office:
This is the entrance to Gary's office.

Gary offices out of his house, so when they built this house they got rid of a guest bedroom and made the office and master closet bigger.

 This room reflects everything about him...Texas, football, and family.




Dining Room:
This might be my favorite room in her house.  I love that wall that has all the mirrors.  I also love the crisp white with the green.



I remember when she called to tell me she bought a white deer head.  I couldn't see the vision, but now I absolutely LOVE it in this room.




Entry Way:


Aren't we all impressed that glass table top has so far survived all Slaughter kids?  :)





Living Room:
Recently Marla traded out her reds for greys and I'm loving the new look.

This is the wall behind the couch.

 Beautiful yet oh so comfy space...that's what a living room is all about, right?








Kitchen:
This is where I like to spend most of my time at the in-laws house...the kitchen.

More specifically...at this table eating some delicious food.  haha!

 This space is one of my very favorites!






Master Bedroom:
I posted a picture of the guys in here watching a movie a while back.  Several of you asked about this bed.  She got the bed at I.O. Metro a year or two ago.  This is a similar option.

This room turned out really dark!  But I hope you can see the cute antler chandelier in the corner.



Next week I'll be finishing up with a little tour of the upstairs.  :)  For real, if you have a question about anything leave me a comment and I'll have a little Q and A with Marla to answer those questions.  Thank you so much, ladies!!

36 comments:

Lauren McGreevy said...

Wow her house is absolutely gorgeous! If I were you, I would have her decorate my home!! haha

Have a great day!

Lauren

kimm atwood said...

What a beautiful home ! I'd want to spend lots of time in that kitchen eating yummy food too!!!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Marla has serious style! I love the living room the most. And they greys look great in there!

Mix and Match Mama said...

I love going to Marla's house! Not only is it so inviting and beautiful...but Marla is too :). Love me some G & M!

Erika Slaughter said...

She totally does!!! She's been known to call and say, "Homegoods has a great deal on a lamp. It's gorgeous. You want it"? She's kind of my personal shopper too. Haha! Thank you!!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Marla can cook too! I left that part out. :)

Erika Slaughter said...

Thanks Sheaffer!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Me too! :). Thanks friend!

Narci said...

So, so pretty!! Marla is precious and her house is beautiful!! Love!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you, Narci!!

Brantlee said...

Thanks for the tour! Marla seems like such an awesome lady.Serious style too!

Kathy Olson said...

I've always noticed her home, too. Could you add some photos of her Christmas decorating when that season rolls around?

Stephanie Jennings said...

Wow! Marla's home is stunning! I can't wait for the tour of the upstairs. Thanks for sharing!!!

Shelby said...

There is nothing better than a house tour!! I love it! Also, I am with you on the white deer heads...always hard to imagine, but hers looks SO fab I want to go but one!! Thanks for sharing! Her home is beautiful!!!

Whitney S. (Gracefully Mama) said...

I love all of the detail! The flooring in the entryway coupled with the staircase and vaulted ceilings is absolutely beautiful! I, too, LOVE the kitchen! You're right, she has some serious style. If you decide to do a Q & A, could we ask a few of her favorite home decor stores? Her home also has a very "inviting" feel, one most people would look forward to going to! How does she achieve that feel or is it just her natural taste? Or..is it the good food? Haha! Thanks for sharing! This is one of my favorite posts!

Kerry Forristall said...

What a great home:) Can you ask Marla what color the walls are in her bedroom? Love it!

Britni Alexis said...

Marla's house has got it going on for real! She's awesome! :)

Anonymous said...

Could you ask her where she got her living room rug? I love it...thank you!

Jenny said...

I love the entryway with the beautiful stairs! Gorgeous!

Cheryl said...

I notice that in Gary's office the door frame, baseboards, etc are wood tone but in the rest of the house that you showed they were white. In my house, all of those things are wood tone, which my husband loves and one room is trimmed out in white???? Since we have moved in, this has driven me up a wall. Is this a thing? Is this okay? You mentioned they built their house so this was obviously a choice Marla made. She clearly has great taste so can she give me her thought process. I'd appreciate it.

Leigh said...

Marla's home is gorgeous!!!! I am in love with everything, but especially the dining room chairs and that kitchen! I would love to just pick up her kitchen and place it in my house. Can you ask where she bought the dining room chairs? I love the bed too. I've been looking at a similar one for our master. I can't wait to see the upstairs. :)

Julie said...

Oh, my gosh! Her house is just gorgeous! Thanks so much for the tour...she has some serious style! Does she garden, too? Maybe a peek at the yard? She needs her own decorating blog! :)

Mrs Scratch said...

I'd love to know where she got the rugs in her living room (both the area rug and the runner). I just bought a new home and am doing my living room in greys...and those rugs are exactly what I'm looking for.
Thanks!!

Jen said...

I love everything! Each room tells such a great story and is so inviting! I'd love to get her tips on how to design/plan a whole room. I get so overwhelmed at the whole space and just don't do anything (can we say blank plain walls). Does she start with a piece of inspiration or color... how does it all come together! Agree she needs a decorating blog.

Caroline {Virginia Sweet} said...

I need to get my life together and learn how to decorate! love all the antler details!!

Anonymous said...

I love her bedroom wall decor behind the tv. Where did she get those?? Love the whole house and would love for her to have a decorating blog!

live compassionately said...

Beautiful home!

Morgan said...

This might be a weird question, but do you know what kind of flooring they have throughout most of their downstairs? It looked like wood that might hold up really well to kids and dogs...or at least better disguise the beating they'd take from kiddos and dog nails!

Queen In Between said...

Marla and I have the same kitchen granite! I bet hers isn't covered in fingerprints. :) Love that antler chandelier in the bedroom...I have never thought about adding a light on the drop part of my ceiling.

Anonymous said...

Yes, me too! I'm wondering what the paint color is in the master. Thx Marla!!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Looks....amazing!!!
I was wondering what kind of hardwood floors she has and what kind do you have I love the ones from previous pics of your house!!! Please share. :)

Thanks,
Laura

Anonymous said...

Marla needs to decorate homes for a living! She has great taste. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I want Marla to come decorate my house! I would love to know where she got her sofa and what brand it is.

April Bryan said...

Where are her rugs from? Love

Melanie Lien said...

Does she want to come decorate my house? Its beautiful!