Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Show and Tell

It's time for another edition of Show and Tell Tuesday!  I'm joining my girl, Andrea, to share a little about me.  Today we're all sharing what we wanted to be when we grew up...

 My mom is here visiting and I asked her while I was working on this post if she remembered what I said when I was younger.  haha!  She said that I always used to say that I wanted to work at Piggly Wiggly.  :)  If you aren't familiar, Piggly Wiggly is a grocery store.


 I come from a family of teachers (lots and lots of teachers), so I tried my best to NOT become a teacher.  That's what I remember saying for years when asked what I wanted to be when I grew up.  I ALWAYS responded with, "Not a teacher".  For a while, I thought I wanted to be a dental hygienist.  I always loved going to the dentist.  Love the feeling of clean teeth, so it seemed like a great fit for me.  However...I did NOT want to do any more school than I had to.  Since I was undecided my freshman year...I took a couple classes that I really didn't need.



My freshman year of college with an "undecided" major, I took several different classes in hopes I'd find the perfect thing for me.  (Kind of a waste of time and money!!)  I took a business class and loved it!  But...I didn't feel like that's the way I should go.  There aren't a ton of business jobs out there if you're refusing to take a speech class.


And...finally I decided that out of all professions-teaching is what I knew!  Clearly, it was in my blood!  I majored in early childhood education and taught third grade.  In this picture our school was celebrating the Super Bowl with jersey day.  (I was 7 months pregnant).


Now...I get to stay-at-home with my kiddos and do this amazing business on the side and all on my time.  E-mail me at alittlebitofeverything83@yahoo.com if you want to learn more.

Thanks so much, Andrea, for hosting!!  Here's a list of our upcoming topics if you want to join...

18 comments:

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

The Piggly Wiggly!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!

Mix and Match Mama said...

You were totally meant to be a teacher :). It IS in your blood! That being said...I can also see you as a dental hygienist too! So fun!

kimm atwood said...

Just saying piggly wiggly is fun!

Narci said...

The Piggly Wiggly!! So cute! I love that you were a teacher--such an important profession!! :

Heather @ Happily Her said...

Just like you, I tried so hard not to become a teacher. Here I am, a 5th grade teacher! It's a tough job, but I love it.

Full Time Wife Life said...

Um, oh my GOODNESS! Being a "beeper" at Piggly Wiggly is on my list, too! What the heck? Why is it so appealing to little girls? My husband even gave me a Piggly Wiggly TShirt as a joke at my college graduation.

Sarah Shaneyfelt said...

My mom is a teacher and I DID NOT want to be a teacher either! I went to college with a political science major and ended up switching it my sophomore year.....to education. Apparently I was meant to be a teacher!

Elaine Welte said...

I love that you wanted to work at Piggly Wiggly!

April said...

The Pig!!! We have one in our town and that's what we call it for short! Our Piggly Wiggly is a great place to work and oddly enough, they've had some employees that have been there for decades so it must be a fun place to work.

V @ X-tremely V said...

Love that you wanted to work at Piggly Wiggly! I wanted to be a cashier! lol!

She's a big star said...

Ha - I wanted to work at a grocery store too! Forgot to include that in my post but I most definitely used to take allll the groceries out of our cupboards and "scan" them by adding up prices on my mom's adding machine! :)

Shawnee said...

We used to have a Piggly Wiggly in our town. My sister and I even had the stuffed animal! :)

Melanie Smith said...

Like you, I had several semesters of undecided. I eventually did what I always wanted to do, but tried not doing, TEACHING! It only lasted 4 years, and now I'm doing something totally different! Crazy where our lives lead us.

Olivia said...

Was your father-in-law a teacher too? And did you teach at Marla's school? Sorry, that pic is confusing me :) My family is full of teachers as well. I'm curious if our boys will want to do that with both Ryan and I as teachers. Piggly Wiggly...that's funny!

Erika Slaughter said...

No, Tab's dad just came to do a little football thing. Yes, Marla and I taught at the same school. That picture was confusing!!

Better Off Benedict said...

I couldn't even get a business degree without MULTIPLE speech classes! SO SCARY! Piggly Wiggly is so funny, I bet you liked it because it is fun to say :)

Rachel - Floral and Fudge said...

Fun that you and Marla worked at the same school!
Love your Piggly Wiggly answer :)

Slightly Askew Designs said...

I love the piggly wiggly!!! I've been in several beach piggly wigglys barefoot buying Fun Dip :)