Monday, June 8, 2015

What a Weekend

We started off Summer Day #1 with a big swim party at the pool.  We love some pool days in the Slaughter house and this was no exception.  Good friends, lots of sunshine, and pool time are our favorite.  We even ended this pool date with popsicles!

After the pool date, we had some neighborhood friends who had a bounce house and water balloons for the day.  We hit up their house in the afternoon and my kiddos had fun times two!  

Check out Nixon-Man on the pitcher's mound.  Friday night was full of tee-ball fun!

The big girls had dance rehearsal practice.  While Mrs. Shay took the big girls to dance rehearsal, I kept an eye on these two at the playground. It's a shame they didn't become fast friends.  Isn't it?  :)

I love their little friendship.


I messed up when I uploaded this picture.  Just turn your head a little to the right.  We have an upcoming beach vacation scheduled and a photo session with my favorite photographer.  I laid out all our outfits for the pictures and cannot wait!  Coral and navy is the theme.  What do you think?

Saturday afternoon I picked the boys up from Luke's 7th Birthday Party.  They had SO much fun.  They were exhausted and hardly spoke the entire drive home!  haha!  I don't think they enjoyed the cupcakes at all!

Saturday these precious ballerinas had their spring recital.  They danced in Don Quixote and were the stars of the show.  Okay, that was crazy bias, but they were adorable!

I absolutely loved their dresses.  This past Christmas was Ebby Lee's first big recital to be a part of.  When I left her backstage at that show, she didn't cry but she was crazy nervous.  This recital was a completely different story.  Home girl rocked it and was ALL about performing.  As much as I want her to stay little, I love seeing her excel and grow!  So proud of this girl!

The show was a little longer than I'd anticipated. so Bowen and I did what we could to keep him entertained.

Ebby Lee's cheering section was in full force on Saturday night.  Tab was out of town for work, but he go to see the show on Sunday.

Ebby Lee got to have her picture taken with the Don Quixote's lady love.


Sunday afternoon these girls had another performance.  They did AMAZINGLY well!  Tab arrived in plenty of time to watch.  Afterward we followed it up with mexican food and snow-cones!  The perfect end to a fabulous weekend!

These boys and sweet Ashby-Girl!

We got home in time for Nix to play some basketball and Bowen to mow.  :)

Hope you had a great weekend too!!  XOXO


19 comments:

kimm atwood said...

There is nothing like a little girl and a ballet recital.

Lauren McGreevy said...

Love, love, love reading your blog and seeing what your sweet family is up to!

Happy Monday!

Lauren
www.postgradinprogress.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I have a question on how you do Ebby Lee's hair! What products do you use and do you use a bun maker?

I did dance for many years, but my hair is a complete different texture/length and i just cannot figure out how to do super fine long hair and my two nieces have a dance recital next weekend! We would love to hear some of your bun-making tips! Ebby Lee's bun looks awesome :)

Mix and Match Mama said...

I mean...wow! We packed in a lot this weekend friend! So blessed to share in this season of life with your five!! Off to the pool again!

Narci said...

Super fun!! Those girls looked adorable in their costumes!! What a fun start to summer!! :)

Erika Slaughter said...

Ebby Lee has super thin, fine hair and this works great!! I use one of those little donut things that kind of looks like a scrubbing sponge for the kitchen. I Have no clue what they're called!! But I put her hair in a high ponytail, pull her hair through this donut thing, comb it over the bun, secure it with another ponytail holder, twist and tuck the leftover hair under the bun, and secure it all with bobby pins.

Does that make any sense at all??? I hope this helps!

Erika Slaughter said...

Awe!! I agree!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you, Lauren!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Completely agree friend!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thanks, Narci!!

Whitney S. (Gracefully Mama) said...

Love seeing your summer fun activities! I am transitioning into the SAHM role and with three little guys I am going to need ideas on keeping it fun..and them occupied! ;) I love the color combo for family photos. Great summer colors!

Kelsey Mann Peacock said...

Sounds like a full but really fun weekend :)

Grace said...

I love the friendship between Bowen and ashby so stinkin much!!! Also congrats to Ebby Lee & Kensington on an amazing dance recital!! 😊

Jenny said...

Your weekend sounds like it was a lot of fun! Perfect way to start summer vacation! :)

live compassionately said...

What a fun weekend! Your kiddos are adorable :)

Olivia said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Summer commences! Ryan was gone all weekend :(...I know you can empathize ::

Jen R said...

Sounds like a fun weekend!!
♥ Jen
A Splash of Life Blog

Shelby said...

So fun!! There IS something about little girls and recitals!! And I am in love with your navy & coral color combo!

Angela Ellingson said...

So glad someone asked this! I'll be on the lookout for one of those! Thanks Erika!