Wednesday, June 24, 2015

What's Up Wednesday

 I'm joining MelShay, and Sheaffer for their What's Up Wednesday link-up!

What we're eating this week:

Monday:  Baked salmon and veggies were on the menu.
Tuesday:  Andrew's taco salads served with Tab's guacamole were delish.
Wednesday:  We're having a hodge-podge dinner of anything I can make with what we already have.  haha!!  Be jealous of this meal!
Thursday:  I'm thinking dinner out.  It's Moving Day Eve-which means Mama doesn't need to cook, right?
Friday:  MOVING DAY!!!  Odds are there will be something quick and greasy on the menu.

What I'm Reminiscing About:

This was the first night we spent in our house.  It was July 5th, 2013. Here we go again!!  I keep reminding myself how chaotic my life will be for about two weeks, and then it'll be back to normal.  

What I'm Loving:

I'm loving these ages.  They're old enough to play a game, but still young enough to want to snuggle up with me afterwards.  Love that!

What We've Been Up To:
We just got back from vacation this weekend.  We spent a week in Destin, Florida and had the BEST time!  I shared part one of our trip on Monday.

What I'm Dreading:

I'm actually not dreading the actual moving day as much as I'm dreading the aftermath.  You know when forty boxes are all thrown in your house and you have to dig through them to unpack?  That's the part I'm dreading.

What I'm Working On:

The new house was built in 1998, so just like our current house we have some updating to do.  If my budget allowed, I'd have everything updated before we even moved in, BUT that isn't exactly in the budget.  So...we're prioritizing the updating, getting estimates, and deciding what we want to have done as soon as we get the keys.  

What I'm Excited About:

EEK!!!  I'm SO excited about Big Brother starting TONIGHT!!!  

What I'm watching/reading:

I just finished two books, so I'm starting these next- Raising a Princess and The Nightingale.  Right now some of my very favorite shows are on...The Real Housewives of Orange County, The Real Housewives of New York, The Bachelorette, and soon Big Brother!!

What I'm Listening To:

This kid play with trains in the floor next to me. :)

What I'm Wearing:

Lots of swim suits and sunglasses!!!

Fringe Bikini Top: Exact top here.
Bottoms:  Mine are from last year, but these are similar.
Tankini:  In navy, here.

What I'm Doing This Weekend:

If you see a truck like this in McKinney this weekend, don't be alarmed.  It's probably us.  :)

What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month:

Our new house has a great backyard with a pool.  I'm looking forward to lots of outdoor meals and late night swims with these crazies.

What Else is New:
NOTHING!!  haha!!  Isn't moving enough?

What are we doing on July 4th:

Our town has the cutest 4th of July parade in the morning.  It's a tradition and we love it!  We always meet up with friends to watch.  I'm envisioning grilling poolside in the middle of the day and we'll end it with fireworks in our pajamas.  :)

Happy Wednesday!!


Lauren McGreevy said...

I can't believe y'all are moving so soon...bless your heart that's a lot of work! I can't wait to hear/see more about the new house :)


Justine said...

Good luck with you move!! UGH. It is SO exciting and wonderful to be moving to a new home- but packing and unpacking and organizing, can be a BEAST of a job! We moved last year, with our 3 kids and I was 35 weeks pregnant with our 4th. Let's just say I am REAL happy to have that over with! HA! Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see pics of your new house!! Good luck with your move!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Moving Day! Ahhhhh! Can't wait to come see the new digs!!!!

Dawn said...

Hope the move goes well! We just moved a few months ago! It is a lot of work but hopefully will be worth it!! :-)

Mix and Match Mama said...

Listen, tonight, please, please, please remind me to DVR Big Brother!!! You know I'll forget...and then you know, you'll be mad at me because we can't discuss it. And one more thing, I am so excited for your family!! Moving will stink but your new house will be so worth it. Woohoo!

kimm atwood said...

Good luck with the move. Can't wait to see pictures of the new house

Narci said...

So excited for y'all!! We can't wait to come and grill in that beautiful backyard!! Also, BIG BROTHER!!!! Yay!!!

Kathryn said...

Ebby Lee's outfit in the Fish Food picture is precious! Wish it came in adult sizes!

Seriously, let me know if you need help unpacking or organizing! I am happy to help or drop of CFA for y'all!

Lindsay Otis said...

I've never watched Big Brother but I was thinking of trying it this season! Excited to see your new house!

Elaine Welte said...

LOL! My "what else is new" was the exact same thing! I couldn't cpme up with anything because we have just moved! Good luck girl!!

Laurie S said...

Good luck with your move - be safe. Can't wait to see your new home. A few times a week we have the hodge-podge / what's in the frig dinners. We get pretty creative!

Sarah Shaneyfelt said...

We are moving Friday, too!!! I'm just ready to get it over with by now. I am so tired of looking at boxes!
Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts said...

I can barely wait to see pics of your new place.. if it was listed you should take the pics from the listing as its always spotless.. lol.. I'm an expert lol #11 moves in 15 years lol
I love moving.. obviously.. we built our current home and this is the longest I've ever lived in a home my entire life.. it's been 4 years.. and I'm dying to move but alas.. not yet lol

Simply Stephens said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Can you share why you decided to move? Good luck!!

Kelsey Mann Peacock said...

Moving week!!! How exciting?! Can't wait to see pictures of the new house! Hope you all have a smooth moving process!

cmcdonald said...

Good luck moving! Hope all goes well and it isn't too hot! Call Carpet Tech if you need any floors cleaned in the old or new house (shameless plug).

mel @ the larson lingo said...

Good luck with the move! So exciting...and stressful, but worth it! You will love having a pool!
Thanks for linking up with us! :)

Katelyn Sloan said...

Will be praying that you don't get eaten alive by boxes in the moving process ;) Really, really love your fringe swim suit. SO so cute!!! Happy Wednesday!!

AustinBoston2011 said...

Yahoo!! Big Brother is starting again!!! Will you be doing a weekly recap of the show?? I would love to talk through them with everyone. I hope your move goes super smooth and that you are settled into our new house quickly!!

Candice Ibarra said...

How come you are selling your house?? It's so beautiful!!

As always your kids are adorable! Thanks for sharing!

Melanie Smith said...

I had no idea Big Brother came on tonight! Woohoo. So glad I saw this post!

Danielle Kleiner said...

We are going to Destin in October! I would love your recommendations on places to eat/see/shop etc!! Congratulations on your new home!

Slightly Askew Designs said...

I can NOT believe your move is that soon!!! SO CRAZY!!! Such an exciting time for your family!

kristenmodesitt said...

Hi! I love your blog and was just wondering where you got Ebby Lee's adorable navy blue ikat dress from? I love it! :) Thanks! Kristen

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!! I didn't realize this when I ordered but it's actually a cover-up. It's terry cloth. I got it from J Crew Factory.

Whitney said...

Where is Ebby's navy/white with pink dress from as well as the blue ikat shorts?!?!? Insanely cute!!!!