Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Forgiveness

Happy Wednesday, Girls!!

 I observed a sweet, sweet moment and thought I'd share it with you guys today.  I hope it encourages you and touches your heart a little too.

Last week, we met my friend, Bre, and her three kiddos at a park and splash pad for a little play date.  We ate lunch, let the kids play at the park, and then headed to the splash pad area.  All six of our children were enjoying the water.  Bre and I were chatting away.  Then we noticed a little girl run over and hit her five-year-old daughter, Tyler.  Tyler did what any little girl would do and she ran over to tell us.  Bre encouraged her to play away from the little girl.  Tyler went on playing, but it continued happening.  There were at least fifteen children playing and the little girl was seeking her out.  This girl would find her, chase her, and then hit her if she got the chance.  (I must say she wasn't hitting her hard but still hitting her.)  In a setting like this, you never want to be the mom that's tattling on someone else's kid, but what are you supposed to do, right??  Bre and I both at separate times in a nice way told the little girl to stop hitting her.  But it continued!!  
Tyler came over to talk to her mom and Bre said that maybe that little girl needed a friend. Way to go, Mama Bre!!

You guys, Tyler walked over to the little girl and started talking to her.  Bre and I stood there holding our breath!  haha!  And...they took off running and playing together.  I'm gonna sound like a crazy lady when I say that I had to fight back tears, but what an amazing little story of forgiveness.  Bre and I started laughing and I said, "I'm still mad at her for doing that".  But-not Tyler, she'd already moved on, had forgiven the little girl, and was playing!  Isn't that how God wants us to forgive?!  We all mess up.  But if you're like me, when someone wrongs you, most of the time you think about it, hold on to it, and it bothers you.  Needless to say, sweet five-year-old Tyler led the way by showing what true forgiveness should really look like.  Go Tyler!  :)

"For if you forgive others their sins, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.  But if you do not forgive others, your Father will not forgive you your sins."  Matthew 6:14-15

"He has removed our sins as far from us as the east is from the west."  Psalm 103:12


I hope this encourages you to really truly forgive.  I'm praying we all choose forgiveness today and hold back those stank eyes.  :)  Thanks for letting me share my heart.  XOXO

26 comments:

Ramona said...

Absolutely beautiful. As one who tends to hold on to things, I've learned a big lesson from a sweet 5 year old. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

This is an amazing child! Thanks for sharing such a great messsge.

Mix and Match Mama said...

Love this :). So thankful to have a friend like you. xo

Narci said...

What a sweet story and such a great reminder! :)

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

What a sweet and wonderful post!!!

Anonymous said...

Such a great and necessary reminder for me. Children, like Tyler, really do have hearts that are more like Jesus'.

Cari said...

what a sweet story. Its so amazing how kids can just forgive so quickly and try and make things right...what a great world we would live in if everyone was like this

beaner said...

great story, kids are always teaching us something too!

Anonymous said...

If we could all be like the little children, this world would be a better place. I have goosebumps reading that sweet story!

Jan Fisher

kimm atwood said...

It's funny sometime how children act to get attention, how wonderful this little girl decided to talk and play with this little girl. Ot his is something I try to drill daily into my children, don't ever pick on or judge someone, you just never know what they are going through or what they need

Full Time Wife Life said...

I think this is why we should have faith like a child - sometimes our kids can teach us more than we even know! Love this.

emily @ a little bit of emily said...

Such a sweet story...warms my heart! Thanks for sharing!

Katie {The Mishaps & Mayhem of a Solitary Life} said...

Very sweet... Kids are very resilient!! But also..Where was this little girls Mama telling her to stop hitting other kids?!?

Anonymous said...

I think you hit this one out of the park - thanks for sharing!

Olivia said...

That is so sweet. And so true! The only thing I could think of when you told us she was getting hit was that B ;) would have hit her right back...crap, maybe I'm doing something wrong :)

Kelsey Mann Peacock said...

This is wonderful! The faith of a child can teach us adults a lot about being a Christian and the true meaning of forgiveness!
Kelsey
www.thepeacockroost.com

Erin Ressler said...

Thanks for posting this. Such a great reminder for everyone!

Johnna Bradley said...

Amazing story. Way to go Bre and Tyler!

Leigh Clark said...

Beautiful story - we can all learn a lesson from her on that one!

Breana said...

Awwwww...thank you so much for your sweet, sweet, SA WEET words!! This post totally warms my heart and reminds me that there is good, even in all the world's "chaos"!! Love you friend!! 😘

Michelle said...

I commend "mama Bre" for turning an awkward moment into a teachable moment! For her to have suggested it when I'm sure the mama claws wanted to come out, is a Godly example of how to show Christ love to our children. Many children would not have done that, so I'm sure she has seen some goodness in her home. So nice to read where someone else is lifting up a momma and her child, rather than tearing her down. You are a good friend for sharing this story.

Tracy said...

Sweet post!

MissKimmie said...

Thank you for sharing. Absolutely adorable. I'm still working on forgiving that little girl. 😉

Tanya said...

That was F A B U L O U S ! I'm a better person because you shared that! ;0)

Robyn Marrie said...

So sweet! Kids can be such an example for us adults ;)

Laurie .S said...

Wonderful post Erika. Thank you for the reminder for .us to be Christ-like and to forgive .and pray for those who anger us. The children sometimes get it better than the adults. I think my brain and heart has hardened as I get older.