Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Show-And-Tell House Tour

Happy Tuesday!  I loved show and tell when I was in school and I might have even loved it more as a teacher.  Either way, show and tell is just fun.  It's fun to share things about yourself and it's fun to learn new things about others.  

Today, I'm linking up with my girl, Andrea, to share a home tour.  If you're new to the blog, we recently moved and have done some renovations, are in the process of doing more renovations, and are waiting for new furniture to arrive.  Needless to say, we're kind of a hot mess over here, but I'm sharing the "right nows" of our home and I'm looking forward to sharing lots of "afters" with you when rooms are complete.  Tab and I enjoy (maybe that's the wrong word) taking an older home that needs some updating and making it ours.  We did that to our last home, outgrew it quickly, and are working on doing that to this one.  

This is the view from the front door.  If you make a sharp left, you'll see the office.  To the left (after the office) is a little sitting area.  To the right is our dining room.  The room you see straight down the hall is our living room.  I asked your opinions about stairs and we had agreed on everything with our floor guy.  Apparently our stairs made him nervous (ha!) so he backed out nicely and has given me two other numbers to call.  That's on my to-do list this week.

This is the sitting area-I love the fireplace.  We have plans to change the tile on the fireplace and paint the brass.  Eventually, we'll get some cute furniture and a rug in here as well.

This room has had a major face-lift.  The doors and every bit of trim were a wood tone (kind of a light finish).  We painted this room a shade darker than the rest of the house and painted all the trim white.  I love the contrast.  Tab and I are having a hard time agreeing on furniture for this room.  We're going to share the space and most of the time we have very similar taste, but apparently in an office-not so much.  To be honest, we've been on the hunt for living room furniture so the office has taken a back seat.  Just like the sitting room, we'll get to it eventually, right?  :)

This is a view of the dining room.  Raise your hand if you want me to save that wallpaper for you?  :)  I shared with you guys the four chairs I found.  I'm on the hunt for two end chairs, a new light fixture, AND I think I'm going to do wallpaper instead of texture and paint.  I think wallpaper could give it a little "wow" factor?

Here's a shot of my stairs.  A couple weeks ago, I asked for your stairs opinions.  Thank you for sharing with me!!

Our living room...this is actually the couch and rug from our old old house.  We have a new couch, chair, ottoman, and side table coming tomorrow.  Bummer that it was too late for the post, huh?  But...I'm on the hunt for a cute new rug to tie everything in.

Our breakfast area and kitchen-we have a major long list for this area.  But-it's going to have to be on Renovation Take #2.  Our bank account needs to rest after all these beginning projects.  Eventually, we're gonna change the countertop, backsplash, sink, light fixtures, and possibly do a little changing to the bar. 

A view from the kitchen table looking into the living room.  I LOVE our fireplace and hearth.

Another shot of the kitchen...we have blinds to put back up.  We just took them down for the painters.

Be looking for lots of "before" and "afters"!!  Hopefully, they're coming soon!
Blogger friends...this is the upcoming line-up!  You should join us next time!

38 comments:

kimm atwood said...

Looks great

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

The floors look AWESOME! And I can't wait to see the house after you've put your cute stamp on it! :)

Kathryn said...

I love love love that fireplace! It's coming together wonderfully! You've got a gift...so in your spare time, can you find me a house down the street, please? With a nice big closet??

Mix and Match Mama said...

Erika, your house is gorgeous! I am seriously in love with it and am so happy for your family! It would be hard for me to pick my favorite part. I love the open kitchen and family room and I really love the big windows in your room too. Plus, your entry and staircase are beautiful. Love it!

Stacey said...

Your new house is gorgeous! Can't wait to see what all you do. It takes time...enjoy the process. :)

Narci said...

Love, love, love!! Your house looks amazing!! Girl, you have done so much!!! Nice work!!

Lynn {A Taste of Country} said...

How tedious was it to repaint the trim? We're wanting to do that as well. The previous owners painted all the doors and trim beige (almost the same color as the walls) and we don't like it. We're wanting to paint them all white now.

Erika Slaughter said...

Sorry if that statement was deceiving. The painters who painted our house painted the trim. I think the hardest part was taping all the trim off. That took a while.

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thanks Kimm!

Erika Slaughter said...

Don't worry friend!! I'am searching for you. All. The. Time. :)

Erika Slaughter said...

Thanks friend!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!!

Dana said...

Your new home is beautiful!!

MissKimmie said...

Love love love the colors.

Elaine Welte said...

Love it! I feel the same way of my house; sharing little snippets of the right now, because we have a long to-do list! New curtains, new furniture, but thankful that we don't have to paint or rip up floors! I could never do a home renovation- you go girl!

Cindi said...

Great home tour! Looks nice. I can't wait till you post before and afters of the kitchen. I'm sure you'll do a great job!

Kristen L. said...

Love the new house! So funny but I have been looking for a kitchen rug just like you have in your kitchen by the sink.. did you recently purchase and where???? Same colors palate I've been searching for. .. thanks!

Jill B said...

Gorgeous! I love the buffet table in your sitting room.

Morgan Eckert said...

I'm dying to know what you decided on for the stairs after hearing all of our opinions. :)

Leigh Clark said...

I LOVE the fireplace and hearth too!! I can see lots of family time between the kitchen, eat in and sitting by the fire! love it!

Leigh Clark said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Lowes has some really awesome textured wallpaper that you can paint. I did it I a bathroom that had wallpaper in it. We couldn't pull the wallpaper down because it was put directly on the Sheetrock. I actually love the wallpaper! It looks awesome! Just a thought for you guys. The house looks great! Katie

Kelsey Mann Peacock said...

Love what you've done with the house so far! I love the fireplace & hearth in the living room! That will be such a cozy space this fall & winter :) Also, I definitely love the idea of doing a wallpaper in the dining room. That would really make that space pop!
Kelsey
www.thepeacockroost.com

Sarah said...

Looks great, can't wait to see the projects as they are completed!

Katelyn Sloan said...

The kitchen and floors are SOOO pretty! Can't wait to see more of it!!!

Anonymous said...

Where is your diningroom rug from? Jamie.brewer@yahoo.com

Erin Peyerk said...

Love those floors!

Olivia said...

I'm so excited for you with the new move! Whenever we move, I'm shouting it from the rooftops :) How fun to decorate and set up a new house! Gorgeous mantle!

Queen In Between said...

Can't wait to see your new furniture! I'm so saving that picture of your breakfast area. Right now I have an old china hutch in mine but would so love to have a built in with glass cabinets and a wine fridge underneath. Looks like a great house!

sonicgal said...

What's the brand and color of hardwood floors? Beautiful !

mel @ the larson lingo said...

Congrats on the new house!! We bought our current house 5 years ago & like you, we are fixing it up. We still have A LOT to do, but we love doing projects :)

Erika Slaughter said...

I don't know the brand-they're hand scraped hardwoods. The color is a coffee stain. :)

Erika Slaughter said...

Yes! From Target!!

Erika Slaughter said...

The stairs thing is still up in the air. Originally the floor guy that did all the other flooring was doing them. But-he decided they were too tricky so he backed out. So far the one other quote we've gotten is way higher than his. We might be waiting a bit on the stairs. Bummer!!

Erika Slaughter said...

I didn't know it would appear like this!! When I was reading it back through, I just noticed that the comment came through twice so I deleted one. I don't want anyone to think Leigh's comment was inappropriate!! There were just two!

Leigh Clark said...

Ahhh! So sorry for my double post and thanks for correcting!! No inappropriate comments from this lady!!