Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Top Three

We're back with a little Top Three action today.   I took a little break, but now it's time for another!  Today we're talking about regrets.  I'm not someone who looks back and dwells on the way things could have been or should have been.  Most of the time I chalk up anything that happened in the past that's crazy to being young or I view it as a lesson.  You guys!  I was that girl in high school who wouldn't eat in front of her boyfriend!!  WHAT WAS I THINKING?  Is it crazy that might be my biggest regret?  hahaha!  All that to say, other than passing up food back in the day I don't have any major big things I really regret.  Did I make some dumb decisions?  Absolutely!  But I learned from them all.  Even when I watched my seventeen-year-old boyfriend enjoy his meal as I "pretended" I wasn't hungry.  (FYI-I think it was all about getting something in my teeth and him seeing it.  CRA-ZY!)


I'm baring my heart and sharing my Top Three Things I DO NOT Regret....

#1  Going Away to College
My senior year, my bestie and I applied at several different universities together.  We wanted to take the world by storm and preferably do it not too close to home.  We applied to Auburn, toured Ole Miss and Mississippi State, and at the last minute my friend decided she wanted to play volleyball in college.  So-I was kind of left with a completely blank slate.  You must know that I am someone who thrives with some good friendships.  I've always been a girl's girl (I get along well with the guys too, but I'm not one of those girls who didn't have many girl friends.  Know what I mean?).  I threw caution to the wind and JUMPED out of my comfort zone by applying AND attending Arkansas State University.  It was only about two and a half hours from my home, but I only barely knew one other girl who was going.  One girl.  Barely.  I have no doubt that God was speaking to my heart.  He gave me so much peace about this move.  I met some of the best friends, made some amazing memories, and was introduced to my awesome hubby.  Definitely NOT a regret when it comes to that decision!



#2  Infertility Days
This wasn't a choice, because I'm 99% positive if I was given the choice I NEVER would have chosen this.  But on the flip-side if I could redo it, I wouldn't change a thing!  I shared my story here, but when I think back to moments in my life I'd change this would NOT be one.  I learned so much about myself, our marriage was strengthened, we relied on God more than ever, and on this side of that trial we can see all those blessings.  If you're in the middle of this issue right now, please now I am praying for you.  Waiting for a baby, is one of the very hardest things I've ever done. 



#3 Blogging
I've had a family blog for years.  Even before kids, several of my friends and I had blogs.  But one day I realized I wanted to change it up and make it interesting for people other than my grandma.  :)  I'm absolutely overwhelmed at the amount of kindness and love shown over the blog world.  I love interacting with you guys, getting ideas, and hearing your opinions!   I don't regret changing up my blog one bit!  Maybe blogging isn't the thing for you or maybe it is?  But if you're thinking about starting something and just a little nervous-throw caution to the wind and GET STARTED!!  You don't want to look back and regret not giving it a chance.  :)


Let's live life with no regrets today, girls!  Happy Tuesday!  XOXO

18 comments:

kimm atwood said...

I love my life with NO regrets. I don't ever even want to sit and dwell on something and feel regret. I have made many mistakes in my life and a few bad choices along the way but rather than regret a decision I always try to take something away from it, walk away having learned a lesson. I look back over my adult life knowing I wouldn't have changed a single thing, for all I have been through has made me who I am today! Loved this post !!

thebusybrunette said...

What a great post today, Erika! Thanks for sharing with us. I'm so glad you decided to make your blog public because I absolutely love it. You and your family are adorable!
"The Busy Brunette"
http://thebusybrunette.blogspot.com

Mix and Match Mama said...

I love this friend :). Life is too short for regrets. xo

Narci said...

Sweet, sweet post. Love it and you!! :)

Lindsay Tolbert said...

Hi!! You don't know me, but I started reading your blog through another friend's blog!! Let me say THANK YOU so much for this post!! I've had trouble with infertility!! I've done surgery, clomid, and shots! Both of my sweet boys are the results of the shots in the stomach. As many tears I've cried and how difficult it was trying each and every month I would never change a thing!! Thank you again!! Love reading your blog!

Lindsay

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

I think about yours and Shay's infertility struggle and think about how your kids are all the perfect ages for each other! That's been such a blessing to y'all!!!

Kathryn said...

How did I not know you applied to Auburn? I sent my scores there, but never actually applied! I was too scared of rejection and only applied to two local schools. I only knew one girl through a friend and that was it too! I'm so thankful for my college experience and love that it's unique to everyone. Happy Tuesday!

eunice said...

I've been reading now for a while but have never commented. Thank you so much for the reminder to not live with regrets. I am opposite from you and find myself constantly wishing I had done things differently. One thing I don't regret is our infertility days! We tried for 4yrs to get pregnant and then through the miracle of IVF we had a beautiful baby girl (also through the miracle of a financial donation to cover the entire cost of the procedure!!). We now have 3 kids....first through IVF, then a miracle surprise (!) and then our third through frozen transfer! What gifts they are! We have struggles financially through the years and that is where my regrets come. Wishing we had made a different decision here or there, wishing we had done things differently - we are not currently on the flip side of those issues so I struggle. Here's to hoping and praying I can see the positives amidst the difficulties!

Love your blog!

Rebecca Jo said...

I love that quote about regretting the chances we DONT take... that is so powerful

Renae said...

Great post and even better to be a point in your life when you can look back and honestly say you don't have regrets, especially about major things in your life like which college to attend and your fertility choices.

Kristina (Ms.Modify) said...

I love this post! Growing up I always played life safe and was afraid to take chances. Now as an adult I try to push myself more out of my comfort zone. Have you read the book "Make it Happen"? It's really good, and is about living your life to the fullest.

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

I used to be really bad about dwelling on the past and wishing I could go back in time and do something differently. However, over the last few years something has changed in my heart, and I've started to realize that everything happens for a reason, and without all of those things happening, I wouldn't be right here, right where I've always wanted to be! Thanks for the post!

Leigh Clark said...

I love your blog too! I have been blogging for almost 8 months and love it too. Just when I think "what in the world can I talk about next" boom - an idea hits. It is a fun community!

Foxy's Domestic Side said...

Yes to living life with no regreats! Random, but my husband is starting at Auburn for his MBA in a couple of weeks, he'll be out there for a week for orientation, bummed I can't go, although I'm not sure I want to deal with the heat and humidity. My one regret is not going away for the summer after my senior year of college, before real life started. My best friends both went and I didn't and I totally regret it. And really if that's the only thing I regret, then I consider myself lucky!

Queen In Between said...

Love this take on top 3! I feel the same way so often looking back...so many things that were not so fun at the time I can totally point to now as growth opportunities that pulled me closer to God and other people in my life.

Lindsay Otis said...

Love this top 3 and your outlook! I need it to rub off on me ha!

not a mom

Laurie S said...

Great Wayne Gretzky quote... You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Jackie said...

So glad to have found your blog! Your family is precious! I also went to ASU, for a year, but graduated from the U of A. What a great post! <3