Wednesday, July 29, 2015

What's Up Wednesday

 I'm joining MelShay, and Sheaffer for their What's Up Wednesday link-up!

What we're eating this week:
Seriously....this sign is speaking my love language this week.  I'm over cooking.  Ready for the fall weather and cream of mushroom soups!  haha!

Monday:  Marla brought over a roast, potatoes, and carrots.  YUM!
Tuesday:  Mama had a girl's night out!!  I grabbed some food for Tab and the kiddos to eat.
Wednesday:  Meatloaf-when I was grocery shopping this weekend that sounded so good.  The only day there is a REAL meal!  I went back in and added the link to the meatloaf.  I must tell kiddos gobbled this up!!
Thursday:  10-year-Anniversary Dinner OUT!  Kiddos are having pizza.  They'll be so disappointed.  Wink, wink!
Friday:  We're leaving bright and early to head to Missouri to visit my family.  Dinner is whatever my mom has ready. :)

What I'm Reminiscing About:
Moving DAY!  Ugh!  We moved into our new house about a month ago.  We still have lots to do-some small things and some big things that we'll do at a later date, but it's FINALLY feeling like home.  We have things in place.  We have furniture.  We have boxes unpacked.  It feels so much better.  Whew!  I'm thankful that's behind us!

What I'm Loving:
That we'll be seeing these faces in just two days!  We planned this little Missouri trip MONTHS ago and I think we're going to get to see most of my cousins/family.

What We've Been Up To:
Lots of this!

What I'm Dreading:
In just a few short weeks, Nixon starts kindergarten and Ebby Lee goes to first grade.  I'm not dreading their school days.  Ebby Lee absolutely loved school.  I think Nixon will have so much fun as well.  It's amazing to see them become more independent.  But to be more detailed, this is the moment I'm dreading...
 That moment when you have to show nothing but happiness and excitement on your face because you know he's so nervous.  That first moment when he walks in the door and is off for a new adventure.  That moment when your heart breaks just a little because you can't be there with him.  

I'm not a crazy helicopter mom, trust me!  But...that first moment when they walk in on the first day is HARD!  I'm dreading that moment!

What I'm Working On:

Enjoying our last three weeks of summer before school starts!!

What I'm Excited About:
OUR NEW HOUSE!!  It's FINALLY coming together.  I don't want to share any pictures until I have a room complete (which could be months), but it's feeling like home!

What I'm watching/reading:
These were the same two books I was reading last month!  haha!  #myexcuseisthemove  I'm watching Real Housewives AND Big Brother.  Who are you guys rooting for??  I'm kind of on board for Johnny Mac!!

What I'm Listening To:
The Quiet-we had a crazy week last week, so today the kiddos are all resting/quietly playing in their room and I'm enjoying the quiet.

What I'm Wearing:
I'm wearing nothing but swim suits and flip flops again this month, but I'm getting ready for cooler weather with these Nordstrom goodies.

What I'm Doing This Weekend:
We're having a big family Pool Party on Saturday at my parent's house.  I heard there might be a wiffle ball game and you guys should know that my hand/eye coordination is NOT good!!  I usually strike out during wiffle ball.  #howisthatevenpossible  I'm going to trying to persuade everyone for a washer's tournament instead.  haha!

What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month:
Soaking up the very last moments of summer!!  Football season is right around the corner and we're enjoying having Tab on the weekends before our life gets crazy!

What Else is New:
During the move, we lost Ebby Lee's American Girl Doll!!!  I kept thinking she'd pop up sometime, but it still hasn't happened.  We have every box inside our house unpacked and I think she's gone!  I even tried the condo in Florida, because I'm not sure when the last time she had her was.  No luck!  If you see one similar to her lying around somewhere, CALL ME!

What will I miss most about summer?
Having NO schedule and spending my days making fun memories with my favorite people.

Happy Wednesday!!


adrienne chyba said...

fun post erika! we moved last summer and I feel your pain! my husband kept telling me "they didn't build Rome in 1 day!" haha.
my babes are 8 months & 3...I dread that 1st day of kindergarten already! time is a jerk.

hopefully you've found time to watch BB! :)

Mix and Match Mama said...

Listen mama, on that first morning of school, we're going to go eat a big stack of pancakes and cry into our coffee as we mourn the loss of our babies in school. And then, we're going to go to Target and realize that it's super fun to shop with only one kid (verses all three) and then, we'll be a little less sad :).

kimm atwood said...

Yay for the new house coming along, boo for losing the American girl doll ! Happy anniversary and have a great vacation with your family. And ugh I don't even want to think about school starting 😭

Narci said...

Girl!! I can't even handle that door picture!! Leaving is the hardest part! Of my goodness--I may need two stacks of pancakes that morning. ;)

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Fun reading this post! We're going to do our first day of school breakfast again, right? Migas make me feel better after sending my little guy off.

Elaine Welte said...

If I didn't have to work, and if maybe i lived closer I'd join yall for pancakes. That picture made me so sad!!

Sarah Shaneyfelt said...

We moved into our new house a month ago and I'm like you, I'm not posting anything until I have something done....which could be a while! But I can't wait to see pictures of your house when you get ready to share!
Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

Anonymous said...

Hi! I know this is random, but i thought i saw in the past you have sketchers go walks? Can i ask what color/s you have? Thanks, Erika!

Foxy's Domestic Side said...

haha, I love the Tarzan meme, so funny and true! And the first one about cooking, yes yes yes! I totally remember the first day of school at that age, I think I cried every year until 5th or 6th grade! At least I would get teary eyed...

Queen In Between said...

Sounds perfect! Hope you have a great vacation. All my kids but one transitioned so well to school...but that one...oh my goodness I was a hot mess of a mom bawling after I finally pried him off of me and left him. Now he's playing minor league baseball..haha...but he still is a big old Mama's boy.

Kelsey Mann Peacock said...

So glad you all are getting more settled in! Sounds like you all have fun weekend ahead with your family! Safe travels and I hope you have fun :)

Jamie Smith said...

Hi Erika! Would you mind sharing your meatloaf recipe? I'd like to try a new one!

Melanie Smith said...

Ok. BB talk.

Johnny Mac drives me crazy. Why does he scream into the camera? He doesn't do that in regular conversations. And he screams through his nose. Ugh.

I kinda like Jason. At first I hated him, but I kinda like him. And Meg.

Austin is a total creeper. Like so possessive. Reminds me of Shawn from Bachelorette. Ugh.

Liz and Julia seem really cool.

I liked Shelly and Clay until they started the showmance. I never like showmances. Hate them. They annoy me.

buildingagrownuplife said...

Isn't it crazy how moving can feel like such a tornado!? We have been in our new place about a little over a year and things are finally starting to feel "mine". Now - if I can only get my act together to post about all of the updates we have made! Hoping the American Girl Doll is just off on a little adventure and will return home soon!

Lindsay Otis said...

Oh gosh! I remember being little and how devastating it was to lose a doll like that! Here's to hoping she shows up, maybe she just need a little vacay herself ha! I understand the hectic of school starting back even having no children. Yes for fall clothes!

not a mom

Jenny said...

Have the best time visiting your family! :)

Leigh Clark said...

I am so not the helicopter mom either - but those moments when you slow down and watch a milestone can tear at the heart! In it with you!!

Erika Slaughter said...

I'm MAKING time for BB. :)

Erika Slaughter said...

Hahahahaha!!! So true!

Claire Voss said...

That's so exciting to be settling into your new house! We close on ours next month! Yay! Love your Nordstrom fall goodies!:)

Ashley St. John said...

That first day of school is so hard. My first baby is going to Second. 😢

Tiffany Bagalini said...

I so need that kitchen sign!

Olivia said...

Let's get together again during football and bb season overlapping! I want to see your new house!