Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Missouri Trip

Every summer the kiddos and I go up to Missouri for a little family visit.  Usually Tab stays here to work, but this year we worked it out so he could join us!  We drove up on Friday and were ready for family fun all day Saturday!

My cousin, Tarah, had a baby back in January and we hadn't met this sweet guy yet.  Ebby Lee and I couldn't wait to get our hands on him.


It was a match made in heaven...in our stripes.  :)


There are seven of us grandkids and everyone was there but one.  Some had spouses and kiddos there and some were solo, but we had a fabulous day all hanging out.


We had a washers' tournament where we drew team names and everything.  I had high hopes for my team, but we lost in the first round.


Mix and Match Mama's Brisket Quesadillas were on the menu for dinner.  DELISH!!  We had barbecue sandwiches for lunch.  With the leftover bbq, we made quesadillas.  This little guy couldn't hang any longer.  He fell asleep at the dinner table.


Sunday, we woke up and it was my birthday!!  Worst angle EVER!!  :)


These cuties were so sweet ALL day!


We went out to lunch after church at my high school stompin' grounds.  I worked at a catfish restaurant, so we celebrated with hushpuppies and catfish!  This guy looked super cool on the way.


My brother and his family came to hang out for the day.  These two are just about five months apart and had lots of fun playing.


My parents pool was put to good use this week.


My sister-in-law posted this on Instagram.  This is the kind of crazy stuff that goes down at my parent's house.  haha!
  
Monday morning we met up with Miss Kaitlyn to ride horses.  In this picture, Brynn was NOT sure about that horse.  hahaha!


Brynn's mama is my cousin, Whitney.  I'm about two years older than her and it's the same for our girls!  Ebby Lee is about two years older than her daughter.  These girls have fun together!


It only took about two seconds for them to warm up and enjoy it!


The girls got so brave they wanted to ride their own horses!!


Bowen took a turn with me, but Nix just wasn't feeling it.  He petted the horse and wanted me to take a picture of that.  Small steps...maybe next year!


Monday evening I met a high school friend for dinner who surprised me with a SELFIE STICK!!  I should have used it to take our picture, but totally forgot!!  This girl was about three years older than me in school, but she was such a good friend to me.  I loved getting to meet up with her!


We visited my grandparents on Tuesday morning.


And hung out with my aunt and uncle on Tuesday night.  We enjoyed pizza and more swimming.


Wednesday morning we had high hopes of the water park, but it was pouring down rain.  We went to Discovery Playhouse instead.  Nixon loved this veterinarian area.


It's a super cute place...a dentist office, a firetruck, a grocery store, a bank, and so much more.


These girls are crazy!

This little bank area was set up so cool.  Don't they look legit?


On Thursday we headed to a local conservation area to see the sights and enjoy the boardwalk.


Ebby Lee totally got into the outdoors.


We went on the little mile outdoor walk.


These cuties enjoyed it.


Bowen sweet talked T-Nonnie into carrying him and Ebby Lee must have spotted something.  ha!



This girl's day was MADE!



We had an awesome time....UNTIL the drive home.  It's about a nine hour drive from Missouri to Texas.  I've done it many times solo, but Friday just wasn't my day.  I started getting a headache and feeling nauseous about four hours in.  I started feeling HORRIBLE!!  I'm driving with a plastic bag in my lap and didn't need it until I put the car in park in our driveway.  Ugh!!  Luckily Tab was home so I passed the kiddos off to him and went straight to bed.  WORST drive ever!!  But...we had a great week!

13 comments:

Brantlee said...

Glad you had a nice trip.Funny,Andrea tells a similar story about Luke when they arrived home from their trip in today's post. Hope you are feeling better!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! And Ebby Lee looks SO CUTE in that hat!

Lindsay Otis said...

Gotta love a good trip home and looks like y'all had a blast! The best pic is the one of you and the babes matching [teal stripes!] love it!

Hate you got sick on the way home, that is one of the worst feelings!

Linds @ not a mom

Narci said...

What a fun trip!! So glad you had a great time!! We are happy to have you home!!

Laurie S said...

Looks like a great time was had by all! So sorry you were sick on the way home. Thank you Jesus for keeping you safe on the road during your discomfort. Hope you are feeling better!

Elaine Welte said...

Nixon looks SO BIG on his way to church! Like, teenager- too cool big!

kimm atwood said...

What a fun week! And feeling icky and having a long drive is just never fun!!!

Kelsey @ The Peacock Roost said...

Looks like you all had an absolute blast! Hate that you got sick on the way home :/
Kelsey
www.thepeacockroost.com

Confessions of a Coach's Wife said...

Such a fun family trip! love your blog! Have a great day :)

Leigh Clark said...

Ebby Lee and the baby are too cute --- and Nixon with his pink shirt and sunglasses - heart breaker!!!

live compassionately said...

Glad you had a great time but so sorry you got sick!

Claire Poley said...

I just realized I only live a short distance from your parents from the looks if the pictures! I found your blog through Shay's. What a small world. Discovery Playhouse is great - the entire downtown area has really grown!

BCole said...

Random question.. What brand is the selfie stick? I don't own one nor did I ever imagine myself looking to buy one, however my husband and I are headed on a 10th anniversary trip and I would like some pictures of us together and thought a selfie stock would be a good idea! Thanks!