Thursday, September 10, 2015

Fall Trends

According to Glamour magazine, the Top Trends for Fall 2015 are...
*Car Wash Skirts (think broken pleats-like my cheerleading skirt in 2000)
*Puffer Coats
*Faux-fur Stoles (I'm going to pretend this says "Faux Fur Vest" because #iloveafurvest)
*70's Vibe (This one makes me a little nervous.)
*Statement Earrings
*Winter Florals (I have a winter floral on it's way to me...I'll keep you posted.)
*Chunky Knit
*All Black-head to toe
*Long-Line Blazers
*Cool Hoisery
*Winter Cream
*Turtlenecks (This one makes me want to scratch my neck.)

Some of those are crazy exciting and others make me want to run the other way.  :) 
I chose my favorite trends and rounded up a couple contenders in those categories.

I was doing a little research and kept coming across DENIM!  Lots and lots of denim!  So, I added one of my own...chambray shirt dresses.


Winter Floral:


What about you?  Are there any new trends you can't wait to try?  Please share with us!!  Or...what about those trends you will not be wearing?  I'd love to hear your thoughts.  

Have a great day!!


Narci said...

Cute shearling vest!! Also, I am going to pretend that I didn't see that about turtlenecks coming back. I'm feeling claustrophobic just considering wearing one. Lol. ;)

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Oooooh! I love the idea of a winter floral!!!! Great finds!

Mix and Match Mama said...

Um, I need a little bit of all of that in my life :).

kimm atwood said...

I love a vest...I'll always wear one, even if it's not the latest trend! Turtlenecks..I ised to LOVE them...not so much anymore !!!

Elaine Welte said...

Random but I just looked at the time stamp on the comments above- do your friends ever sleep? LOL!!! I'm sort of crazy about the flares, chunky knot6, and this echambray dresses!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm from Australia and puffers were a huge trend in our recent winter !! :)

Kelsey @ The Peacock Roost said...

I'm completely on board with winter crème and all black, especially since I have to dress up for the office each day! Not a fan of the return of the shearling or the turtlenecks. I have a select few that I'll wear, but only really lightweight ones!

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

I am super excited that flares are back in style, but I have to admit, I'm not ready to give up my skinnies just yet!

live compassionately said...

I don't understand turtlenecks coming back - so uncomfortable! I love the floral stuff you posted!

Heather @ Happily Her said...

I am so excited that flares are coming back! I love a flare with cute shoe! I am also a big fan of puffer vests and jackets! I got my first puffer jacket last winter and I will totally be on the hunt for the perfect puffer vest or two this year! One new fashion trend I don't think I'll be sporting is the turtleneck...I feel like I am suffocating in those!

Brooke @ A Retherford Realization said...

Turtlenecks with big boobs is the worst combo in the history of the world. Safe to say, I will NOT be participating in that this year.

Leigh Clark said...

I love a puffer!! I ordered Tom's Bootie Wedges in Herringbone print today and I am going to work them at least 5 days a week!! :)

Lisa C said...

I am probably the only person excited about turtlenecks but I love them. I am not excited about flares. I'm 5'7" and don't need to look taller so I'll hang on to my straights and skinnies for a while. Vests are great. As long as I can wear my scarves, I'm happy.

Naomi Carpenter said...

It's so weird to think of flares being back! I wore them all through high school & part of college, but now I'm so stuck on skinny jeans. I mean, don't flares mean that the bottoms of my pants are getting soaking wet again instead of dry & warm in my BOOTS?!? hahaha :) The good news is that I already have some flares from the past :) haha. LOVE a fur vest too! xox

Naomi (