Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Our First Football Weekend of the Year

WAHOO for a long weekend!!  
We started off the weekend with tacos, the park, snow cones, and a parking lot dance party with Sheaffer and Carter.  I posted a video on IG (slaughteren) but have NO clue how to post here.  Those four kiddos had some moves I tell you!

Saturday, we had nothing but this...
on the agenda.  :)  When we got Tab's schedule, we were stoked about this game!  I knew instantly I wanted to go and I knew just who my date would be.

This guy.

He did pretty amazing for the entire game (thanks to a pretzel, french fries, popcorn, and a lemonade), but by the fourth quarter he was over it.  By that time everyone around us had left so he got to spread out.  We stayed until four minutes were left on the clock and it was 10:30 p.m.!  It's safe to say this guy can hang at a football game!

If you've ever been to anything at AT&T stadium then you know there really isn't a bad seat in the place.  Our seats were crazy far from the field, but this was our view of the screen.  Tab is the official on the right with the "U" on his shirt.  His referee ("R" or white hat) is an awesome guy!  We love their family!  This is Tab's second year on his crew and he absolutely loves it.  

Even though we were at the very top level...our seats were so good!

Tab looks tough, huh?  hahaha!

Now you can tell how high up we were, but that screen is amazing!

My parents came into town and we also had some college friends, The Jacobs, come to town.  Torri and I had a class together our FRESHMAN year of college.  CRAZY!  Anyway, her and her hubby came down for the game and I had the best time catching up with her.  We got to have a couple hours of alone time and we did a little shopping before heading to the game.  I'm already looking forward to the next visit!  :)

Sunday morning pic before church with my parents.  After church we had lunch, took naps, and then did some swimming.

Monday, my parents left, and we got ready to meet the Shulls at the pool.  Nixon made this face and then said, "Mom, don't I look like that guy on Ernest?".  Is it crazier that he referenced this guy or that I knew EXACTLY which guy he was talking about?  #notsure
Do you see the resemblance?
The pool was hosting a Labor Day Bash and it was the place to be. 

Lots of people, loud music, and hula hooping made this girl happy!

I don't know how many times I've said, "This is our last swim at the pool", but we keep showing up to swim more!!  We had a GREAT time swimming right through our naps, eating popsicles, and swimming with friends!

Hope you enjoyed your Labor Day as well!  Happy Tuesday!

26 comments:

Narci said...

What a great weekend! The pucture of you and Nixon are super sweet! :)

Mix and Match Mama said...

My kids love watching Tab on TV, so I can't even imagine how fun it was for Nixon to be there in person! And we had so much fun swimming yesterday! I love spending our days at the pool with the Slaughters!!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

When Chris got home I showed him the dance video, and I gotta say, he was impressed! I bet Nix LOVED seeing Tab up on the big screen. That's so fun!

Gina said...

As we were watching the game Saturday night, I told my husband, "I think I read that ref's wife's blog!" When I told him this morning that I was right, he said, "I hope he wasn't the one Saban was giving an earful to!" I bet he could tell some stories!

kimm atwood said...

What a fun weekend !

Leigh Clark said...

What a fun football weekend!! I am curious how Tab balances his full time job with the referee gig - that is too cool!!

www.balancingbyfaith.com

Brooke @ A Retherford Realization said...

Go Wisconsin! That's my alma mater and I loved seeing your hubby on the big screen!!

Kelsey @ The Peacock Roost said...

Looks like such a fun weekend! I bet it's so cool for the kids to see their dad on tv and live at games! I keep convincing myself summer activities are over too, but the Kentucky heat just isn't letting fall happen yet!
Kelsey
www.thepeacockroost.com

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

We watched that game Saturday and I told my hubs, "I think that ref is the hubs of one of the girls whose blog I read." He just looked at me like, "Huh?" Lol.

Lora G said...

I thought I saw Tab on my TV screen Saturday! How FUN! Hopefully, he's got an Auburn game somewhere on that schedule ;)

Leigh said...

I watched the game Saturday night and I kept thinking the ref looked familiar. Haha! My husband thought I was crazy. I'll have to tell him I was right, I did recognize the guy! It was a great game. I hope the Wisconsin player that got hurt and very disoriented is okay. I sure hope Tab wasn't the ref that got an hear full from Coach Saban. I would've loved to be at the game. Roll Tide!

April said...

I seriously just LOL'd at my desk at work! We are big Bama fans and my sister was at the game...texting me about how hot the Refs were! Haha!

Emily Morrison said...

I kind of hope that he was the guy getting an earful from Saban because that is an awesome story to tell your kids/grandkids! Glad you got to enjoy a Bama game! ROLL TIDE!!

Jen R said...

so cool that your husband is a ref!!

Kristina B said...

Does your husband always ref in TX? We are in Ohio and are huge Buckeye fans, so I'd love to look for him if he's ever doing one of their games!

Erika Slaughter said...

He usually refs Big 12 and Mountain West games so he hasn't officiated in Ohio. He'd love to tho!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!

Erika Slaughter said...

Unfortunately or maybe fortunately it wasn't him. :)

Erika Slaughter said...

That is hilarious!!!

Erika Slaughter said...

You were so right and I'm crazy impressed you recognized him!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Haha!!! So funny tht you recognized him!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Hahaha! Your husband was probably so confused!!

Erika Slaughter said...

They think it's cool for two minutes and then they're over it! Ha!

Erika Slaughter said...

Oh yay!!! We're you there??

Erika Slaughter said...

He's a busy guy from September to December that's for sure!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Luckily he wasn't the one! Whew!