Monday, September 21, 2015

Weekend in Austin

This weekend is one I'd been looking forward to for months...the Rodan + Fields' Convention in Austin, Texas!!  These sweet girls were my roomies for the weekend.  You guys know Kathryn, my friend, Haley (from Iowa), and a new friend, Brandi (also from Iowa, who fit in perfectly with our crew).  We arrived in Austin on Thursday and that afternoon were sitting in our first meeting.

We had a team happy hour and then dinner scheduled with some ladies right after.

I was totally "that girl" who took a picture of my meal.  We had skipped lunch and I was STARVING!  This burger had candied jalapenos AND blue cheese.  Holla! 

Our group at dinner

This picture doesn't do the convention justice.  There were lots of ladies (and some men) in attendance and glowing skin was definitely present as well.

Day 2-we had our coffee and were ready to take on the world or the skin care industry....whichever came first.  :)

The doctors, Dr. Rodan + Dr. Fields, were there and it was pretty much like a rave when they came out.  The music was loud.  Lights were low.  My armband was flashing all kinds of colors and everyone was dancing.  Fun times!

The meetings had the best atmosphere....lots of good energy!

Kathryn and I snuck in a selfie during a break.  I had the BEST time with this girl.

Look who I ran into!!!!  MEL from The Larson Lingo...she was just as precious in real life as she is on her blog.  SO fun getting to meet a blogger friend in real life!

Then I bumped into another favorite...ASHLEY at The Vanilla Tulip!!!  Ashley and I have tried numerous times to meet up and for whatever reasons (a kid's sick, a hubby had to work late, etc.) it's never worked out.  It was great meeting this sweet blogger friend in real life!

These ladies are SO much help to me in this business. 

We had happy hour/dinner #2 with a smaller portion of our team.  This lady is super knowledgeable about anything R + F.  She is the best to answer any question I through her way AND I discovered this weekend she makes the MOST delicious chocolate chip cookies.  :)

You would have been shocked at how much chips, guacamole, and queso these five girls could take down.  Shocked, I tell you.  Haley and Brandi (in Iowa) don't get to eat fabulous Mexican food all the time so we celebrated with a delicious spread.

Note to self....Sam, you are THE cutest leopard wedges, but if I'm walking a mile in downtown Austin, I should not wear you.  From, Erika  #beautyispain  #blistersarentforever

Day 3-I ran into a darling blog reader, Karen, from Cincinnati.  She was so sweet and I'm so glad we got to chat!

This beauty and I live in the same town and have become fast friends.  She is precious!!!  We got to meet up and attend a session together for a bit on Saturday afternoon.

After the session we walked to the closest restaurant and we saw Lynne Spears!!!!

In case that name doesn't ring a bell, I'm talking about the girl on the left...
YES!  Britney Spears' MOM is a Rodan + Fields' consultant too!

Gala Night!!

Look who else was there...Mario Lopez!

This weekend was so much fun!!  Haley and I were really close friends when we lived in the same neighborhood.  She's moved away and I haven't seen her in years.  It was SO good hanging out with her for the weekend!!  Also...the amazing energy at this convention was great to soak in!  

I'm looking forward to a GREAT year for my business and am excited about growing my team!  If you want to learn more, please e-mail me at alittlebitofeverything83@yahoo.com.  I'd love to chat with you about this business and we can see if it'd be right for you.  

Happy Monday, Girls!!  XOXO

22 comments:

adrienne chyba said...

Ok I'm dying...Lynne spears AND Mario Lopez in one weekend?! so fun!! side note - been using rodan + fields for 8 months and love love LOVE it. hope to see you @ dotmom! :)

Lauren Boswell said...

Erika!
Looks like you ladies had a blast, hate that I missed it this year. Looking forward to Vegas and hopefully meeting you.
Lauren
www.learningtolovehome.blogspot.com

Not A Mom said...

What a fun weekend! You gotta love meeting blog friends in real life!

Linds @ Not A Mom

Johannah said...

What a fun weekend!! =)

Mix and Match Mama said...

What a fun weekend!! I am so happy you went and had such a good time! I can't wait to see you this morning :).

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun! I would love a recap of what you wore. All of your outfits were so cute!!!
Have a great day!

Narci said...

So fun!! Glad you had an amazing time!! Loved seeing all of the fun pictures!!!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

It looks like y'all had an absolute blast!!!! Next year I think I'll go, stay in a neighboring hotel, and just meet up for Mexican food and happy hour. :)

Kelsey @ The Peacock Roost said...

Looks like such a fun girls weekend!!
Kelsey
www.thepeacockroost.com

Queen In Between said...

So fun! You look adorable in that melon top and black shorts....well in all the outfits but that is my fave.

Leigh Clark said...

Fun weekend - your outfits were fabulous and your note to your shoes is cracking me up!!

Haley Bishop said...

I had SUCH AN AMAZING time with you! It truly was an incredible experience and being able to be there with ladies from MY team made it well worth the visit! I am so proud of your growing business and can't wait to see where this journey takes us! LOVE YOU FRIEND!

Jenny said...

looks like you had a great time! nothing like that time away with other like minded women to get your batteries recharged! little favor to ask. any chance you might know the make of the hot pink dress your friend is wearing to the gala? I have a breast cancer event and think that could be FUN! Thank you!

Erika Slaughter said...

Yay!!!! So glad you're loving your products and YES! Both Mario and Lynne were there. Oh! Wish we were going to dot mom this year but we're taking the year off. :(

Erika Slaughter said...

Me too, Lauren!!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Yes!! That was so much fun!!

Erika Slaughter said...

:) me too!!!

Erika Slaughter said...

http://www.shoshanna.com/shop/uma-dress-dff2bd Here is a link for the dress. She said it runs a little big. I think it's be perfect for a breast cancer event!

Jenny said...

you are a doll! thank you, Erica, for the link for the dress. very sweet of you to take the time to get that. you are beautiful inside and out!

Karen At Home said...

It was so nice to FINALLY meet you!! Thank you so much for taking the time to chat and posting a picture of us, it was one of the highlights of my trip to meet one of my favorite bloggers. Hope to see you again in Vegas!!

mel @ the larson lingo said...

LOVED meeting you at Convention!! Can't wait for Vegas next year!! :)

Jennifer Lee said...

Hi Erika,

My name is Jennifer and I am an accountant at Rodan and Fields. I just read your article on your super fun girls weekend at our convention this year. Just wanted to say thank you for being such a huge fan and loyal supporter.

We hope to see you next year in Vegas!

Best,

Jennifer