Monday, October 5, 2015

Bucket List

Hallelujah!!  Fall has officially arrived here in Texas.  Yes, the temperatures might have only dropped into the 80's, but I'm thankful we're not in the 90's.  #findsomethingtobethankfulforright

It's amazing how that first crisp, cool morning can have me getting out all the pumpkins, finding recipes with loads of "cream of" soups, and seeking out firewood for a REAL fire.  I might be jumping the gun a little bit.  At least on that fire part.  :)

Fall is in the AIR!!  Our family is crossing things off our bucket list this month!

*Fall Family Pictures 

We already took care of this one and I can't wait to see those images!


*Make Chili

I prefer to make all kinds of varieties of chili and taco soups ALL fall and winter long.


*Trick-or-Treating with Friends

One of our very favorite traditions is trick-or-treating with friends.


*Carve Pumpkins

I'm going to be real.  This is not my favorite bucket list item, so I put Tab Slaughter in charge of this every year.  :)


*Pictures on our Fall Decorated Porch

There aren't many things I love more than a front porch all decorated up for fall with pumpkins and mums!  I have to finish ours up this week, so we can take as many pictures as possible with that fall goodness as the background.


*Go Watch one of Tab's Games

Every year I enjoy taking the kids to one of Tab's football games.  This year I'm not sure which one it'll be, but I have plans to load up all three of my crazies and attend.  


*Watch Halloween Movies

We've already started tackling this at our house.  Nixon loves them.  Ebby Lee watches and then later tells me how scared she was!  ha!  By the way, I'm talking Disney Halloween movies...nothing really scary.


*Visit the Texas State Fair

We big puffy heart the fair.  My kids talk about it ALL YEAR LONG!  We're going to this week and I'm not sure who's more excited...the kids or the parents.


*Cuddle by the Fire

I can't WAIT for this to happen!  I LOVE a fire in the fireplace on a chilly night!


*Visit the Pumpkin Patch

Last year we ran out of time and almost forgot to go to the pumpkin patch!  This year we have "Pumpkin Patch Trip" on our calendar already.


*Dress-Up in Costumes

The Slaughter kids chose costumes weeks ago.  Someone MIGHT have chosen a scary costume and is now too scared of the mask to actually wear it.  We'll see how Halloween goes!  haha!


*Make Smores

M and G have the perfect backyard for making smores!  We love roasting some marshmallows on their patio.


What's on your fall bucket list??  Maybe we need to add a few more!  Am I forgetting anything?

Happy FALL!!

11 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

Eeks! It's the most wonderful time of the year!!! I want to do every single thing on this list. Like today. This post makes me happy :).

Narci said...

Such a fun bucket list!! Can't wait to see the puctures!!! :)

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

We went to a pumpkin patch yesterday, I put the pumpkins and a mum on the front porch, and now I want like at least 5 more pumpkins!

Laurie S said...

Spiced apple cider! The scent of apples and cinnamon and cloves... Have you smelled the cinnamon scented pine ones at the craft stores?

Chelsea said...

Ahhh.. Fall is the best. I'm in Chicago, so our crisp air is getting pretty crisp! The best part of the weekend was getting out all of the fall/halloween decorations.

Full Time Wife Life said...

The scary mask - too funny!

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

Everything sounds so festive and fun! We're heading to the pumpkin patch this weekend hopefully, and I cannot wait!!

Leigh Clark said...

Your list is perfect!! Sounds like a full fun October!!

Kathryn said...

Favorite part was when you referenced Tab as 'Tab Slaughter.' Love it! He definitely should take charge of the pumpkin carving!!

Anonymous said...

Which pumpkin patch do you recommend in your area?

Kelsey @ The Peacock Roost said...

Yay Fall!!! Love your bucket list :) Can't wait to see your fall family pictures!
Kelsey
www.thepeacockroost.com