Thursday, October 29, 2015

Gilmore Girls: Part 1

**Spoiler Alert**
I'm sharing some Gilmore Girls' moments.  If you're in the middle of watching, I don't want to ruin it for you.

I'm PUMPED about today!!!  Just this weekend I finished binge watching Gilmore Girls.  And by binge watching, I mean watching any possible second I could to get closer to finishing that series!!!  I started back in the spring and have slowly been watching when I had time.  I thought the show totally picked up during Season 3...and once I hit Season 3...I was hooked!!  It was....

ALL GILMORE GIRLS, ALL THE TIME!




First things first...I LOVE Lauren Graham!  Like big puffy red heart love her.  I loved her in Parenthood and I loved her just as much in this series.

And Scott Patterson...oh my goodness!!


When I began working on this Gilmore Girls' post, I decided I had TOO many things to share, so this is just Part 1 of a small series.  Don't judge...my love for Stars Hollow runs deep.

My absolute very favorite two people on the show were Luke and Lorelai.  I thought it'd be only fair for me to start by sharing with them.


Some of my favorite Luke and Lorelai moments:

*The Dream*
As soon as I saw that rugged flannel wearing Luke, I was rooting for Luke and Lorelai.  I kept waiting and waiting and waiting for that to happen.  My heart about EXPLODED at the beginning of Season 3 when Lorelai has that DREAM!!

Remember the dream?  He pats her tummy and references "the twins"??
Trust me...at this moment I was scrambling to text Andrea to design cute invites for the baby shower.  I was ALL IN!!!  And then Lorelai woke up....waaaahhhh!!!



*The Dance*
Luke asks Lorelai to be his date to his sister's wedding.  This was one of my favorite episodes.  We know at this point that Luke is totally into her (remember an episode or two before he "Saw Her Face"??).  It's just sweet.  He's not a dancer, but he asks her to dance.  So sweet!!  By the end of the dance, they're dancing close.



*The Chuppah*
The moment I KNEW Luke had a crush.  When he built a chuppah for Lorelai's wedding TO ANOTHER GUY!!  The moment I knew Lorelai had a crush...when she left the chuppah in her yard as yard art.



*The Kiss*
Holy Cow!!!  I've never wanted two to kiss more than I was cheering these two on!  This was like the kiss that was building for four seasons!!  This was hands-down my very favorite Gilmore Girls' episode!  The Dragonfly opens, Jason shows up (EEK!), and Luke and Lorelai kiss...the best combo!  This was hands-down my very favorite episode of the entire series!



*The ALMOST Kiss*
This one is moving and I don't know how to make it stop.  
#ialwaysneedtechnicalhelp #always

This moment was way back in Season 1...do you remember when Luke drives Lorelai to the hospital?  How much he cares for her is written all over his face.  Then they have this moment at the diner where it looks like they're going to kiss and you wonder, "What can happen over the next six seasons?".  But they don't guess and we're kept waiting.



*The Ice Rink*
That moment when Luke builds Lorelai an outdoor ice skating rink to make up for her bad day with the snow.  Weren't they so happy in that episode??   And...I loved seeing his face light up when she was skating around.



*The First Official Date*
I might have teared up during this episode...when Luke tells her he's "all in", when he pulls that horoscope out of his pocket he's been holding onto for eight years, and when he flirts with her quietly at the diner.  Oh my heart!!



*The Proposal*
As manly as Luke is, I loved that Lorelai proposed to him.  This proposal was just "them" and was absolutely perfect!!



*The Last Kiss*
I started stressing toward the end of Season 7.  It didn't look like Luke and Lorelai were going to get together by the finale.  In my mind, I was hoping the finale would end in a Luke and Lorelai wedding, but them getting back together like this was a close second. :)

What about you??   What were your favorite Luke and Lorelai moments??

19 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

Oh my goodness! This post makes me want to ignore my children and just binge watch Gilmore Girls today. #iwont #butiwantto Okay...I think you covered my favorite Luke and Lorelei moments here. That first kiss in season four...like favorite moment EVER! The show could have just been about those two and I would have been one happy camper. If they're not happily married in the Netflix reunion, I'm going to lose my mind. Lose. It.

Elizabeth said...

I love Luke and Lorelai!! One of the best /cutest tv couples of all time! I can't wait to see what you have for part 2 :)

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

It's been wayyyyyyyyyyy too long since I've watched the show. This post just made it official that I need to watch again!!!!!

Narci said...

You know I have big love for Gilmore Girls!! So fun!!

Ashley Van Dam said...

Well, this settles it. I am going to rewatch the whole series starting TONIGHT. It needs to happen.

Grace said...

I just finished and ohmygoodness I love lorelai & Luke!!

Ani said...

My favorite series! Love Gilmore Girls :)

Charla Liedahl said...

My favorite L&L moments are definitely the chuppah and the dance. Oh my! Can't wait for the new episodes to air. If Rory doesn't become Mrs. Huntzberger I may just die. LOGAN IS MY FAVE!

Megan said...

I love that you started with part 1. Too funny. My sis and I always watched it together back in the day. And it's our favorite.

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

OK, you've convinced me... I MUST jump on board this Gilmore Girls train!!!! I haven't seen one bit of it, but I'm on it now!

Heidi Wilkins said...

I am so glad I am not the only one who is completely obsessed with Gilmore girls! I have been a fan for years and now I am watching it again on Netflix now for 7th time.Yes 7. I may be a little crazy

Full Time Wife Life said...

Ahh I watched this show years ago and when I told my husband it was coming back he said "Great, now you're going to start speed talking again!" haha. Apparently watching this show caused me to (one) talk as fast as them, and (two) TRY black coffee. haha!

Queen In Between said...

I'm only on season 1...so I quickly skimmed through. I just love her in both this and Parenthood. I feel like she is definitely someone I would want to be friends with in real life!

Meagan Ruse said...

Eeek!!!! You know this is my favorite post of your's ever! :) Now I want to watch it all over again so I'm super on top of things when it hits Netflix. I AM SO HAPPY!

Chastity McNair said...

I love Gilmore Girls! I love when he gave her the piece of jewelry from his sister's collection. I also just loved everything about their dynamic and his love for Rory....my gosh! I love love love that show.

Not A Mom said...

I literally can not wait for the new episodes netflix is making! Like dying! My mom and I have always been super close and we started watching it when it was still airing and it's been a big part of our lives ever since.
Linds @ Not A Mom

Rachel - Floral and Fudge said...

I love this trip down Luke & Lorelai memory lane!!
I watched GG from 8th grade until sophomore year of college, so it's super special to me! :)

Trista @ The Classy Chaos said...

Gilmore Girls is hands down my absolute favorite show ever. And I cried, laughed, went crazy, had warm fuzzies all through the whole series when it came to Luke and Lorelai. Had it ended any differently, it probably would have changed my entire perspective of the show. Love this post, this is great. I can't wait to see your follow up posts! Perfect way to get us all excited for the revival episodes!

Kim A said...

I read that Luke & Lorelai actually did not get along that well in real life and that Luke is a bit of a pill to work with. Put a damper on my whole picture of them together ha!