Wednesday, October 28, 2015

What's Up Wednesday


 I'm joining MelShay, and Sheaffer for their What's Up Wednesday link-up!


What we're eating this week:


Wahoo for Halloween week!!

Monday:  Do you guys base your meals around the weather?  Is that weird that I do?  I always look at the forecast (haha...now that I'm sharing I'm afraid it sounds weird!!  ha!) and plan for soup/stew on the coolest or rainiest day of the week.  This week Monday was kind of cool so we had Shay's Taco Chili.
Tuesday: We had Chicken Lettuce Wraps.
Wednesday:  Two baseball nights back to back...on this one we're going out for dinner!
Thursday:  One of my kids' favorites...the chicken bites wrapped in turkey bacon and baked.  My kids eat these up!
Friday:  Lots of Halloween plans so we'll grab something quick to eat in between trick-or-treating.



What I'm Reminiscing About:


Trick-or-treating with these three...Belle and two Ninja Turtles last year.  I have the best friends who even if I'm solo include me and my crazies to hang with them.  Last year, we had the best time enjoying the night with our friends.



What I'm Loving:


EEK!!!  Gilmore Girls is coming back!!  I finally finished the entire series earlier this weekend.  I'm sharing ALL my thoughts tomorrow...come back!  I am stoked about Netflix bringing back the Gilmores!!




What We've Been Up To:


School stuff, baseball, dance...the usual.  Last week Nixon's class invited the parents to come in while they taught us a little about what they'd learned during their lesson on community helpers.  Farmer Nixon taught us all about the farm.  :)




What I'm Dreading:


I'm dreading cleaning out Ebby Lee's closet.  Her closet right now has a mixture of summer and winter clothes and is just a big mess!  I have got to clean it out and organize it!  I'm DREADING it!  This isn't her actual closet, but hers looks pretty close!  Ugh!




What I'm Working On:


We finally have a plan for the dining room, powder bath, and the front room.  We're working on changing our fireplace, painting the dining room, and wallpapering the bathroom.  Here's a little sneak peek. :)



What I'm Excited About:
I have a really fun giveaway coming up next week!!!  Can't wait to share!



What I'm watching/reading:


I'm frantically getting caught up on the Real Housewives of Orange County.  We had DVR issues and I'm behind!  I'm reading Bossypants, Wild (still-I know!), and Simply Tuesday.




What I'm Listening To:


After my post about your favorite songs, I downloaded lots of your suggestions.  We made a playlist of Christian songs that we all like.  It's been on repeat at our house.




What I'm Wearing:

Outfit #1/Outfit #2/Outfit #3

Outfit #1
Plaid Shirt:  Here.
Jeans:  Similar here.
Booties:  Here.
Crossbody:  Similar here.

Outfit #2:
Mustard and Leopard Tunic:  Here.  (Remember to use Erika10 at checkout to receive 10% off your order.)
Leather Leggings:  Here.  (The website says, "Skinny Jeans", but they don't have pockets in the back.  I think my hiney looks really weird in pants without pockets.  SO...I will only wear these pants as leggings.)
Booties:  Here.

Outfit #3:
Chambray Shirt:  Chambray Shirt Similar
Vest:  Vest
Jeans:  Jeans
Booties: Booties Similar



What I'm Doing This Weekend:


The Slaughter five are looking forward to this weekend!!




What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month:


This little guys turns 3 in November!!  When you're the third kid, both your older brother and sister try so hard to encourage you to choose the birthday party they'd both prefer.  hahaha!  He's still undecided, but he has BIG plans for his cake.




Favorite Thanksgiving Recipe:


Last year I shared our favorite Thanksgiving side dish.  I call it, "Green Bean Casserole on Steroids"....check it out!

Happy Wednesday, Ladies!!  XOXO

23 comments:

Brantlee Morgan said...

I thought I was the only one who planned my meals by the weather! Cold and rainy here today so crock pot chicken fajita soup it is. I made the green bean casserole on steroids after you posted it last year. Easy and delicious!

kimm atwood said...

I plan myeals the same way. I always look at the forecast on Sunday for the week and go from there with meal planning ! Happy Wednesday !

Erika Slaughter said...

So glad I'm not the only one!!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Yay!!! Thanks for sharing!

Steph Paul said...

I am curious about your chicken wrapped in bacon?? Is that it? Can you send the recipe details..... it may work for my kiddos:) Thanks you!

Steph Paul

Narci said...

How on earth is our Bowen going to be THREE??? Crazy!!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

As soon as it gets even a little cool I start thinking it's time for Taco Soup. But Chris wants me to wait until it's downright cold! Nope, we're not waiting. :)

Polka Dot Blossom said...

I hope you have "It is Well" on your playlist by Bethel Music-the one from You Make Me Brave Live album is outstanding. And if you watch the video you'll be overwhelmed by His love for us! So awesome!

Queen In Between said...

I am so glad that is not Ebby's real closet...haha. Hope you get that tackled...it always sucks but then it feels so awesome to have it completed. I think this time of year in Texas is the worst....summer part of the week and winter the next. I can totally and absolutely relate to planning the food around the forecast! No way can I eat soup when it's warm outside. Hope you have a super time with your kidos for Halloween.

Laura said...

Would love to know what songs are on your Christian music playlist!! :)

Elizabeth said...

It's time for a closet cleanout over here, too! I can't believe how fast these kiddos grow~

Elizabeth
thislittlehomeofmine.com

Jennifer said...

I totally plan by menu by looking at the forecast. You gotta get in those soups while the weather is rainy and cold.

L said...

I have TWO episodes left of Gilmore Girls!! I am going to finish the series tonight and then come back to hear your thoughts tomorrow. I can't wait to see how it ends, and I cannot wait for the Netflix series to come out! :D

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

Don't worry, planning meals around the forecast isn't weird at all. We do it all the time! I can't bring myself to even think about soups and stews during the summer here because it's so stinking hot!

Dustie Day said...

Would you share your chicken wrapped in bacon recipe?? Sounds so yummy!!! 😊

Leigh Clark said...

The mustard/leopard tunic -- LOVE IT!!!!

mel @ the larson lingo said...

YEAH for finishing Gilmore Girls!!! LOVE!!!
I also plan my meals by the weather!
Thanks for linking up with us! :)

Renee Hester said...

how do you make these chicken bites?

Darcy said...

So pumped for Gilmore Girls! I am about to restart the hwole series in preparation haha!
www.amemoryofus.com

Christy said...

I would LOVE your chicken lettuce wrap and chicken bites recipe!!! I plan my meals around the weather most of the time too! ☺️

Jill B said...

Oh my goodness, I think that photo of Bowen in the flowers is one of the cutest pictures I have ever seen! So special!

Tana said...

Can you please tell me where your necklace is from in your instagram photo from the baseball game? I love the look!
Thanks!

Kristyn Childress said...

Found your blog on the Whats up Wednesday link up
I love that you base your meals off the weather!! Its the worst when its Chili weather, but no chili fixin's in the house (plus Chili is always better the second day. I need to start doing that.

I love your dining room chandelier & tables - beautiful!!

That green bean casserole on steroids looks pretty awesome. I have never thought of water chestnuts - the basic recipe could really use some texture.

Thanks for sharing and happy blogging!
Kristyn
www.triumphsandtantrums.com