Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Show-and-Tell

Apparently I like to get all up in everyone's business, because the topic today is one of my VERY favorite!!!  I think the only way to explain my love for a "Day in the Life" post is to call me nosy.  :)

I'm linking up with Andrea and sharing my Monday (yesterday).

I get up anywhere between 5:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. on week day mornings.  It all depends on what I need to do that day.  Usually Mondays are the earliest and as the week goes on...my alarm gets set for later and later each day.  I set two this morning...one to get up and one to remind myself to take these pictures.

This is how I start off my days.  I have my quiet time and then get some work done.  In the summer I did this in the office, but these chilly mornings...I find a blanket and a comfy chair!

Then I got dressed for the gym, packed my gym bag, and woke the crazies up for the day.

Kind of blurry, but the best I got...#storyofmylife.
Lunches packed, breakfast served, dressed and ready to go to school.

Bowen and I dropped the big kids off at school and then stopped by the dry cleaners to drop off some clothes.

We were jamming to this on the way to the gym.

I dropped this cutie off at the childcare and headed to my class.

Can you spot me back there??

After class I showered real quick and then went to pick up this guy.  His BFF, Ashby, was in tow.  

We decided to grab a quick lunch at Chick-Fil-A before heading home.  Mrs. Shay and Ashby joined us.

Bowen and I ran into Target for just a couple things and I accidentally stumbled upon a few Christmas presents.  Love this age!  B didn't even realize one of his presents was in the cart!

"PLEASE, MOM???"

We got home, unloaded the car, and threw dinner in the slow cooker.  Chicken burrito bowls were on the menu!


The little guy rested while I got some work done...several phone calls, blogging, e-mails.  It looks like I was working in the dark.  ha!  I wasn't but if I have the window open there's a glare on the computer and the overhead light is crazy bright.  Lamp light is my BFF in the office.

I did my one load of laundry and put it all away.

Then Bowen and I drove to school to pick up the big kiddos.

After school, it's always homework time.  We try our best to get it done and out of the way.

Sometimes we work at the table and other times we spread it all out in the floor.  Today was a floor kind of day.  :)  Ebby Lee had Pajama Day at school so she was super comfy.

No wonder it takes Nix a while to concentrate.  He had this crazy on his back!

Ebby Lee had dance.  Shay and I carpool with the kids, so yesterday was her day to take the girls.  I kept the younger four here.  They played while I remembered to take zero pictures.

Tab and Ebby Lee got home a little after 6:00.  We had our delicious dinner...well 3/5 thought it was good.  Win-win!!

After dinner there was a dance party turned tickle fight turned "let me hold you like a baby" in the kitchen.  Check out Bowen...he's throwing his head down because he's laughing so hard!

Ebby Lee got her ears pierced for her birthday (back in April).  Recently she was bumped in the ear and one of them has been struggling.  Ick!  I got all the necessities out and we doctored up her ear.

Then it was bath time and bed time for the kiddos.  Tab and I watched a little Monday Night Football before I fell asleep.  I always fall asleep crazy fast, but if you wake me in the middle of the night-I'm up for hours!!

My last "Day in the Life" post was earlier this summer.  You can check it out here.

That was my day!  I'm crazy excited about reading all of yours!!  Hope you guys have a great Tuesday!  XOXO

23 comments:

Narci said...

So fun!! Those chicken burritos sound delish! :)

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Bowen throwing his head down in laughter is too cute! And I love how he's all snuggled up on Nix doing his homework!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thanks girl! They were crazy easy too!!

Erika Slaughter said...

His reaction made me laugh!! Snuggled up is a nice way of saying it. Hahaha!

Mix and Match Mama said...

I'm so blessed to spend my days with you. I love how we're peppered in throughout each other's days. Love you friend!

kimm atwood said...

Love them doing homework on the floor!!!!

Kara said...

Apparently I'm nosy too because I love looking at all of these! Looks like a fun day!

Regine Karpel said...

Love this!

Brianna said...

I am also a lover of these "day in the life" posts! It's just so fun to see what an average, typical day looks like of someone you follow online. It's not a "highlight reel" - it's reality! Love, love, love. Your kids are too cute!

Kjlb37 said...

These are my favorite type of blog posts too, Erica! Thanks for sharing a day in your sweet family's life;)

Not A Mom said...

SO fun! Y'all are just rockstars at being a mom! And chicken burrito bowls, we need the recipe!!
Linds @ Not A Mom

Chelsea said...

Those chicken burritos sound amazing. Have you shared the recipe before or would you be willing to share?

dresselfamily.blogspot.com said...

I love these days !
Whst class do you take at the gym and how often do you work out.. you always look adorable... you need to do a 'what I ate today'.. I loved when shay does thst !

Sarah Shaneyfelt said...

I love reading the type of posts, too! And I love doing them so I can always look back on what my days were like in a particular season in my life! What gym class do you attend?
Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

Erin said...

A Target day is always a good day! Love this little glimpse into your life.
-Erin (No Bohns About It)

Olivia said...

Fun to see a day in your life! I need Maddox to have a friend at the gym so he'll want to stay :) Oh and not be sick so we can actually go...ugh! Your house looks so clean!

Leigh Clark said...

Ha - your post made me LOL twice! I love the alarm to remind yourself for pictures, I did that too and that you took zero pictures of the kids playing! You were in the moment mama!! So fun!

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

These seem to be everyone's favorite types of posts (including mine)! Why is that?! We are all such stalkers! Haha.

Melanie Smith said...

I need those camo wedges in my life!

V @ X-tremely V said...

Between you, Shay, and Andrea...I don't know how you ladies do it all and still have 3 kiddos! I have one and can hardly keep up on anything! Kudos to you Erika!

Karen At Home said...

Your alarms cracked me up, that looks Ike my phone. I need to become a morning person like you, I would get so much more accomplished :) Hope you had a great day!

Megan said...

Sounds like a great day!! And I think boys just can't keep their hands off each other. Or at least that's the way it seems at my house. Nixon will have to learn with Bowen touching him all the time!! Ha! And I'm loving your new kitchen.

Elise @ Cheers Yall said...

These are my favorite kinds of posts! Loved this little glimpse into your day. Also loving? YOUR BLUE IKAT RUG! Swooooooon city! xx