Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Christmas Wish List

Yesterday, I shared a little Christmas home tour with all of my Christmas decorations.  You guys were SO sweet!  Thank you for all the nice comments.  The tree isn't a pre-lit tree, but we had already put on all the ornaments before it stopped working.  I know.  It's ridiculous. :)  I got lots of questions about that so I just wanted to clear it up.

  That post is one of my favorite blog posts all year to read on other blogs.  Kind of like those "Day in the Life" posts.  Why are they so fun to read??  It's a blast getting a peek into everyone's daily life.  That's exactly how I feel about reading others Christmas Wish Lists.  I love seeing what each of you are really hoping for under your Christmas tree. 

I thought it'd be fun for me to share my list! 

 Hopefully you'll share something on your lift as well.

Maybe you'll get an idea or two for a niece or sister?  Maybe this list will help you with a daughter's gift?  Or...maybe you'll just decide you need to purchase one of these items for YOU for Christmas?  I've been known to do that myself!  :)

#1 Golf Cart
*Hands-Down this is the #1 thing on my Christmas List this year.  I have a secret for you...it's not happening.  I've discussed with Santa and we've decided a new house with a bigger fireplace (for him to crawl down on Christmas morning) is enough in 2015.  Rest assured this is staying on my list for 2016.  #bigdreams  hahaha!  

My golf cart doesn't have to be pink...it just needs to get me from point A to point B and hold lots of passengers.  I'll keep working on Santa.  I'll work him down...hopefully by December of 2016.  ;)



#2 Dinnerware
When we moved two years ago, I wanted new dinnerware, but there were so many other things we needed for the house I put it on the back burner.  The dishes we have now are red and green (not for Christmas).  It sounds crazy now, but those are the colors we had in our first house.  We also have a big set of the dishes Tab used in college.  I'm not even kidding.  And...we have the china we registered for when we got married.  Those are our options.  I decided this is the year!!  I'm asking for dinnerware.  I want something simple that matches my decor but can go with anything.  I fell in love with this dinnerware from Pottery Barn.  Right now it's on SALE at Pottery Barn!  Even better!



#3 Reclaimed Wood Letter
A couple from our church is the beauty and the brains behind this Etsy shop.  They make reclaimed wooden marquee letters.  Every time I see one I think, "I need to get one!".  Santa MIGHT have already taken care of this one on my list.  ;)




#4 J Crew Toggle Coat
I love the classic, rich look of this coat.  Isn't it just pretty?  It comes in a variety of colors, but this green is my favorite.



#5  North Face Coat
Apparently, I have coats on the brain this Christmas season.  I bought a similar North Face coat back during the anniversary sale and I LOST it!!  WAAAAHHH!!  I think I left it at the gym and at our gym if you don't claim something within seven days, it is GONE!  I figured out on day nine that I'd left it, but it was too late.  :(  If this isn't under the Christmas tree, then I'll keep my eye on end-of-season sales when 2016 arrives.

#6 Toms Slippers
Last year, Marla got me the 2014 version of the Toms' slippers.  I LOVED them!  I wore them all year long.  I wore them so much that they're showing their 365 days of wear.  I'd be pumped about getting another pair.



#7 Zella Leggings
These leggings are on sale for under $40!!  Last year was my first year to really understand how amazing Zella workout gear really is!  I'm a HUGE fan!  These black and white leggings would go with everything.



#8 Under Armour Sweats
I think there are two kinds of people out there.  The ones who want practical things for Christmas (An example would be a new frying pan, a new vacuum cleaner, or socks).  They enjoy not having to spend money on those things they really need, so they love a practical gift.  Then there are the others.  The ones who prefer you to get them things they WANT!  They would never spend their own money on a golf cart (ha!) or matching lounge-y clothes.  I tend to fall into that category.  :)  I'd love some CUTE sweats to lounge around the house in.  Wouldn't you??  Just in case my Santa is reading this....a matching sweat SHIRT would be nice too.  ha!



What's on YOUR Christmas Wish list??  I'd love to read and maybe get a few last minute gift ideas for others.  

I've gotten several e-mails from you guys (who happen to have kids the same age as mine asking about gift guides for kids).  It's kind of late this year, but I'll be sharing on December 14th!!  Stay tuned!

Thanks, Ladies!!  You guys are the BEST!

33 comments:

kimm atwood said...

I'm not a fan of practical gifts on Christmas on Christmas ! Ha! One year my mom got us a dyson vacuum...I was happy to not have to spend my own money it but I can tell you I wasn't super excited opening up a vacuum! Lol! Hope Santa brings you some of your wish list items ;)

Mix and Match Mama said...

So, I bought those Zella leggings just yesterday! So cute! And listen...I'm still praying you get that golf cart. Why is it that I enjoy driving on the golf cart path more than the road???

Tara G. said...

I'm a home school mom and military wife...I'd love a weekend with a good friend. It'd be so much easier if tickets weren't so ridiculous out of our airport.

Elaine Welte said...

I did all of my Christmas shopping yesterday! It made it a lot easier on Santa! Ha! But, I need to add dishes to my birthday list!

Kara said...

So funny story, when I came by your house a few weeks ago you were wearing your Tom slippers and I thought they were so cute. I went home and told Tim all about them and they are now on my list this year! And yes, after riding on Shays, you definitely need a golf cart :)

Meagan @ The Clanahan Fam said...

I asked for dishes from PB this year too! After 12+ years of looking at the same blue & green patterned china that goes with NOTHING I have anymore, I am so over it. Gigi to the rescue (I hope!) with just the classic white set. I feel really old getting excited about dishes. :)

Narci said...

That golf cart is so cute!! Hoping Santa changes his mind in that one!! :)

Erika Slaughter said...

I asked for a vacuum cleaner when I was in college. I remember thinking I'd officially hit "adult" status. Hahaha!

Erika Slaughter said...

It's because you get to zip right past our big line of cars. That's why!!

Erika Slaughter said...

That's a fabulous gift for Christmas!!!

Erika Slaughter said...

I did that for Santa last year. I completely understand!!

Trish said...

I know this sounds crazy, but I'd really like one of the Star Wars BB-8 mini drone toys you control with an app. Zero practicality, but I keep hoping my husband will just go for it!!! Pretty sure he's too much of a practical guy though...so hoping Santa comes through HA!!

Erika Slaughter said...

hahaha!! Proof that I wear them 24/7! Do you know with a golf cart it could speed up my carpool time? I could be more productive everyday! Am I convincing you yet?? Gotta keep working Santa down. :). It was great seeing you the other day!

Erika Slaughter said...

Me too, girl!!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Me too, but we shouldn't hold our breath!!

Andrea K said...

Who doesn't need a golf cart?! Hello Santa are you listening?! ;) All I want is a day at the spa to be pampered.

Amy J said...

My husband requested a wish list from me and as I scanned the store websites to compile my list I realized everything I had listed was a type of lounge wear, but in all different styles...and a whisk, because that is what I really want. Haha!

Megan said...

A golf cart would be sooo fun!!!!

Jenny said...

That golf cart is awesome! I want one now too. :) I told Santa all I want this year is a new table and thankfully it should be here by the end of the month. Also I'm a girl who loves a good pair of slippers and those look great. Maybe for my stocking?! ;)

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

I want a new light fixture for the kitchen!!!!!!!!! Now, I just need to convince Santa that even though the one we currently have works, IT'S UGLY. Wish me luck. :)

Tracy said...

Tell us more about the golf cart! I'm assuming from the comments that you all live on a golf course and could use the paths there to get around your neighborhood and take your kids to school? Does Shay do that (we need a blog post on that, Shay!)? What fun! I hope you get one. My carpool days are over but I remember how crazy long those lines can be!

Erika Slaughter said...

Yes, we live close to two golf courses and our school is almost too far to walk but still super close so a golf cart would be perfect! Then I could bypass all those car lines! :)Santa isn't convinced just yet. ;)

Valerie said...

I, like you, really wanted those PB dishes one year but I compromised when I saw these at JC Penney. 5 years later and they are still going strong and I couldn't care less that they aren't PB!! Save your $$ for that golf cart...haha!

http://www.jcpenney.com/jcpenney-home-beaded-40-pc-dinnerware-set-service-for-8/prod.jump?ppId=pp5003990714&catId=cat100240018&subcatId=cat100240016&deptId=dept20000011&&_dyncharset=UTF-8&colorizedImg=DP0513201417103870M.tif

Little Bits of Joy Blog said...

A pink golf cart would be amazing!!!!! I can just see ripping around with some girlfriends in that thing... too much fun!

Leigh (Balancing By Faith) said...

Golf cart!! That is hilarious - and I love it!! Several neighbors in our area have them...but not sure we would use!! All of your gift ideas are great and I LOVE that Santa makes sure you have something under the tree too...our Santa does the same!! ;)

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

A golf cart would be so much fun! One of our neighbors had one growing up and we always loved taking turns driving it around.

Amanda said...

I love those pottery barn plates as well and got them for my wedding BUT they chip like craaaaazzzzzyyyyy!!!! im down to like 3 plates!!! everyone I know that has this set complains of the chipping��������

Elise @ Cheers Yall said...

Those zella leggings for under $40?!! Holla!!!!

Jane @ anothermommablog.blogspot.com said...

I hear ya on the golf cart too, but it's not happening here either, lol! maybe next year.
I also got the Tom's slippers for Christmas last year, and it's great, mine has since been worn out and chewed up by the dog. Perhaps another pair maybe in my future this Christmas :)
Happy Holidays!

Jen said...

Is the wooden letter made by the same couple Andrea mentioned on her blog that are raising money to adopt? What a wonderful cause!

Morgan said...

There is no such thing as too much lounge wear. Now if only I could get my husband to agree with that statement...!

Katie said...

I got them for my wedding two years ago and have to agree- they do chip.

Erin said...

Look up Peachtree City, GA! Our whole town is a golfcart driving town. You can get to ANYWHERE on the golfcart. It's addictive and CHEAP! :)