Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Show and Tell

Today wraps up the last post in Andrea's Show-and-Tell series for 2015!  She's sharing her new list for 2016 and I can't wait to hear the details.

We're all sharing the Best Gift We've Ever Been Given.

My ten-year-old self remembers this as being the BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT EVER, Queen's Greatest Hits cassette tape.  Seriously....when I think back to Christmases as a kid, this is the gift that sticks out!  hahaha!  I remember asking Santa for this tape and that morning we woke up and opened presents from Santa.  The tape was no where to be seen.  Later that day, we went over to my grandparents to have Christmas with the extended family and my grandparents had gotten it for me.  Whew!  It might be the gift that sticks out because I thought Santa didn't deliver?  I'm not sure but for real...my young self would tell you this was the best gift ever!  haha!

This isn't the actual one I received, but very similar...one year for Christmas my mom got me a Nike wind suit, with matching shoes, AND matching socks.  I thought I was the coolest!!  hahaha!  Mine was orange and blue and seriously...I thought it was the coolest thing ever.  Runner-up for my ten-year-old self.  :)

  Tab and I experienced infertility issues before getting pregnant with Ebby Lee.  I remember many days and nights full of tears and countless prayers for a baby.  Those were tough times, but moments I wouldn't take back for the world.  Our faith grew by leaps and bounds and we learned first ahdn with God-all things are possible.  :)  These four people....the BEST GIFT!

The VERY BEST GIFT I've ever been given is a baby in a manger who grew up and laid down his life for me.  God sent his son, Jesus, in the form of a baby to live a sin-free life and give his life up for us that we may be saved.  That friends, is the very best gift ever...the gift of salvation.

I pray that you know Jesus as your Lord and Savior as well.  If you have questions about this, PLEASE e-mail me.  I'd love to talk to you about a relationship with Christ.  

Some past Show-and-Tell posts:


Regine Karpel said...

Tears of joy for you!
God Bless!

Kara said...

I had a wind suit just like that! Haha. Love that pic of your family on the beach.

Narci said...

i am laughing so hard right now, because I asked for the same greatest hits collection one Christmas!! Who knew? Haha! Love it!

Mix and Match Mama said...

Queen and a wind suit...I mean, that's just awesome ;).

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

What a sweet post! And I had a similar wind suit, but I didn't get the match socks and shoes. And now I'm feeling badly about that! Ha!

Allyson Butler said...

I had so many wind suits...so many. I seriously think I had at least five, and I know that because I'm pretty sure I wore nothing but wind suits to school for a solid week once. So glad I'm not the only one with such awesome 90s style!

kimm atwood said...

The good old days and cassette tapes. Love it !!!

Megan said...

Awww. I had a similar wind suit. Soooo cool.

Kelsey @ The Peacock Roost said...

That wind suit cracks me up!! Love the photo of the 5 of you, such a picture perfect family! Merry Christmas :)

Leigh (Balancing By Faith) said...

Oh my - I think I had THAT wind suit...and I wore it with jellies!! Ha, love the 80's!! Chicago may have been my cassette tape of choice!