Thursday, January 7, 2016

Day in the Life-Hour by Hour

What is it about these Day in the Life posts that are SO much fun??  I changed it up this time and tried my best to take a picture at every hour.  I missed a couple hours, but remembered for the most part.  

This was my yesterday...

Up and at 'em early to get my day started off right.  I'm reading the Savor Devotions book, along with my Bible, and I write in my prayer journal.

If I have time, then I'll enjoy a chapter of a book.  This morning I squeezed in a few extra minutes.  I'll share the book later this month.  :)




I made sure all the lunches were packed and everything was ready beside the door.

Then I got ready in the bathroom with this beauty right beside me.  That heater in the winter is one of my favorite things.





I threw the ingredients in the slow cooker for chicken fajitas.

And these cuties were up getting a little cozy time in before getting ready for school. 






My picture from yesterday didn't turn out, so this is actually my people on Tuesday.  You get the idea though....everyone off to school by 8:00.






Bowen and I headed straight to the gym to get our workout on.  My Wednesday class is hard.  I kind of dread it all week, but I feel SO good at 9:45 when it's over! 






We were almost home and at the last second I remembered a few things we needed from the grocery store.  B and I hit up the grocery store for just a few things.






When we got back from Missouri, I decided we had some MAJOR organizing and decluttering to do.  I'd been working on the kiddos' rooms and playrooms all week.  Yesterday, I finished up Ebby Lee's room, closet, and the playroom.  WAHOO!!  Bowen watched a movie and fell asleep in the middle of it.  :)






Fun fact...there are three bedrooms upstairs in the new house...one for each kid.  Every night they all sleep in Ebby Lee's room.  I tackled this along with her closet.






We picked the big kids up from school and instantly got started on homework.  We liked to get it checked off the list right after school.

Little brother likes getting right in the middle of the mix.  Sometimes just to annoy Nixon he repeats every word Nixon says WHILE he's reading!!  These two are a mess!






We had dinner (check out that box that needs organizing-I'm telling you we're getting everything organized over here) and while I was cleaning the kitchen this was my view.  This sweet girl is always working on a craft or book of some sort.  :)  Tab had a meeting so the kiddos and I were solo.






They all had baths and then it was bedtime for the crazies!

I made sure everything was picked up downstairs and then enjoyed watching some Mama-only television.

Hope you enjoyed a little peek of my Wednesday!  :)

36 comments:

shellybell said...

Love these "by the hour" posts! Do you mind me asking where your sectional is from that Bowen is sitting on during movie time :)?? We are in the market for one for our family of 7!! Been following for a while and just love reading and seeing your adorable kids!!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!! We got it for the living room in our old house and I loved it! It was from Stacy Furniture. My husband wasn't the biggest fan. He didn't think it was "comfy" enough so it won the spot upstairs in the playroom. :)

kelly said...

Wow! You pack alot in your day! Do you ever need to take a nap during the day since you wake up so early? Also, do you find it hard to wake up so early (like I do!) Or are you just naturally a morning person?
Thanks for sharing your day! I love these kind of posts!

Crystal ~ The Williamson Household! said...

Love your blog! You seem to have such an awesome personality!! I bet you're a joy to be around! Quick question, where did you get your prayer journal? I was just writing notes this morning and thought I needed something better than my little ol' notepad and then I saw this post and just has to ask!! :)

Mix and Match Mama said...

I just love these posts!! What a wonderful day with your sweet family!

Erika Slaughter said...

Sunday afternoons-the Slaughter five enjoying getting our nap on. Haha! I love the quiet in the morning. I feel like I can get so much more accomplished. By the kiddos' bedtime, I'm never productive. And I try to go to bed by 10 every night. That helps. :)

Narci said...

So fun!! I love seeing these day in the life posts!! also, so sweet that the kids all sleep in the same room!! :)

Kara said...

I love day in the life posts! And I am envious of all your cleaning out and organizing. I've got to get going on that, ugh!

kimm atwood said...

So much fun !

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Good day! Your Wednesday class scares me.

Erika Slaughter said...

It's from May Designs. :)

Erika Slaughter said...

And thank you for the sweet compliments.

Erika Slaughter said...

It's such a blah thing to do but it feels so good when it's done. :)

brianna said...

You definitely should do a post about your organizing once you are all done :) Im sure Im not the only one who loves new tips! Love your "Day in the life" posts.

Kelly Kost said...

These are my favorite posts! I'd love to hear more about your devotional book! :)

KW0410 said...

Erika could you share your recipe for crock pot fajitas?? I am intrigued!

Erika Slaughter said...

I'll share it this month with my book post. :)

Erika Slaughter said...

Yes!! Super simple-Chicken breasts in slow cooker topped with a packet of fajita seasoning, a can of rotel, three bell peppers (cut up), and an onion (cut up). I added a little water and cooked it on low for about 7 hours. We had it over rice and beans. :)

Erika Slaughter said...

The book is Savor-it's a 365 devotions book. I'm enjoying it but will share more.

Leigh (Balancing By Faith) said...

I love these posts!! And all 3 sleeping in Ebby Lee's room just cracks me up!!

KW0410 said...

Great - thanks for the recipe! I am going to give it a try!

TorontoSAM said...

I like this format for a Day in the Life post. I will be using it in future.

I have an idea for a post for you - what do you do during your quiet time in the morning? What do you write in your prayer journal? I have a devotional book and I'd like to start doing some more intentional reading of it and the bible. What works for you? I don't know where to start. Thanks!

JJaz said...

Love Nixon reading to Bowen! Love these "day-in-the-life" posts, too :-) happy Thursday!

Christy said...

I love these posts! Do you read the traditional bible? I would love one that's easy translation.

Simply A Rough Draft said...

These posts are always so fun! I'm new to blogging and may have to borrow your idea.

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

Holy moly to waking up at 5 AM! I thought I had it bad waking up at 6! I really wish that I could do it, though, because it would be so nice to have some quiet time for myself before getting the kids up and getting off to work!

Hanna said...

This is the prayer journal I use and I LOVE it! Such a great way to keep my thoughts organized and not get distracted!

http://shop.valmariepaper.com/collections/the-everyday-collection

live compassionately said...

You want to come organize our office at home while you are at it? ;) I agree with the reader above - you seem like such a fun person to be around & so genuine!

Cait said...

great post!

Elise @ Cheers Yall said...

Love this little peek into an ordinary day. There's such joy in the ordinary! xx

Olivia said...

Sounds like a perfect day! I'm doing that same devotional! :) How funny!

Lea said...

I call that a very full and productive day! You young Moms just amaze me at how you get it all done and with such flair. My daughter and DIL are working Moms and they are both highly organized and it is what makes it work for them. Enjoyable post!

Kelly Stamps said...

Love this! We lead very similar lives!

Tracy Stegall said...

I'm so nosey so I love reading day in the life posts, thanks for sharing!

Jamie {the celebrating momma} said...

I love these day in the life posts. I am doing my first one towards the end of the month and I am a bit nervous and excited. I am pretty sure I will have to set an alarm to take pictures because I am the worst at remembering to take pictures. ha!

Jen S. said...

Thanks so much for recommending the Savor Devotions book! I bought it this weekend and am loving it so far! :)