Friday, January 15, 2016

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday, Friends!  WAHOO for a three-day weekend!  Everyone in my house is pumped about getting to sleep in one extra day.

Every Friday, Andrea, Narci, and I share our Friday Favorites.  We'd love for you to join us by linking up with us.  Here we go...

The fireplace guys demolished our current fire place two months ago!  And...the only difference is a new firebox on the inside.  Can you tell?  Yeah, me neither.  I kid.  This is the first time we've seen FIRE in there.  Big stuff, ladies!  I think we're getting really close to the stone part but what do I know??




We decided last Friday to have Friday Family Fun Night and go bowling!

My kids had never been and we had the best time.  We were in our own little area, enjoyed dinner, and bowled our little hearts out.  We laughed and laughed about Nixon beating me.  I must add he used the rails!  ha!  Then when Ebby Lee realized Bowen was beating her we were all cracking up.

Bowling night was a success!



Nixon had his first Upward Basketball game this weekend!  (I missed the memo about the black shirt under your jersey.  Mom fail!)  He just didn't know what to expect and was nervous, but their team did great!

Seriously...so cute to watch!

 The cheering section looked a little like this.  :)




Saturday night, Tab smoked brisket and we played, "Head's Up" with the Shulls.  Great food and great friends equals the perfect night in my book.  :)



Earlier this week, we discussed entertainment.  I shared some and you did too.  If you missed it, you can read about our recommendations here.  I forgot to add in that post I started watching Hart of Dixie on Netflix.  I like to have something playing in the background while I'm working and this is the perfect show for that.  I'm a big Rachel Bilson fan.  Think OC-do you guys remember that?  Anyway, if you're looking for a cute chick-flick type show-(it's pretty teeny-bopper-ha!) this might be right for you.  :)

Happy Friday, Friends!!  XOXO



26 comments:

Rachel said...

I am so excited to see what your fireplace looks like when it's done! But I'm sure you are too, lol! Have a great new week!

-Rachel at thefashionistahousewife.blogspot.com

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Carter LOVES to go bowling! His form needs a little work ;), but he sure does have fun!

Narci said...

Hart of Dixie looks so cute!! Also, I always forget about bowling!! What a fun time with your family!!

kimm atwood said...

Bowling is so fun ! Have a great weekend !

Jen said...

What is in Andrew's hand in the game night picture?

Mix and Match Mama said...

Heads up was the highlight of my WEEK! Oh my goodness! I had the BEST TIME!

Erika Slaughter said...

Me too!!!

Erika Slaughter said...

That's what it's all about. :)

Erika Slaughter said...

You'd like it. Super chick flick!

Erika Slaughter said...

You too, Kimm!

Erika Slaughter said...

Shay's hand

Erika Slaughter said...

I forgot to add that GIRLS WON!! :)

Jennifer said...

I forgot to write on the entertainment blog post, but you should try Heartland on Netflix. It is a good wholesome show and great to have on in the background even if the little ones are running around.

live compassionately said...

I don't know why, but this made me laugh!

BronteReed said...

My new favorite show is Younger (I think it's on TV Land). Not really kid appropriate but great for after the kids go to bed.
I also love Heart of Dixie for funny and Quantico for the intense/suspenseful.

Misty said...

I finished Hart of Dixie last night. Tears. I feel like I know these people personally. LOVE Rachel Bilson and I miss her & Seth Cohen :)

Simply A Rough Draft said...

I started watching Hart of Dixie a few months ago. The first episode was so good; after that I kept waiting for something exciting to happen. Maybe I'll give it another try this weekend.

Amanda said...

My husband bought me the full series of The OC last month for my birthday... Best gift ever... I love love love me some Seth Cohen!

Jessi @ Jessi's Design said...

So glad I found your blog and this link up! Happy weekend! xoxo

Kelsey @ The Peacock Roost said...

We're having work done on our fireplace today! Kind of messy but will be totally worth it! Your bowling night looks so fun! LOVE Hart of Dixie!! I may need to go back and rewatch it again! I love listening to tv shows/movies while I work!
Kelsey
www.thepeacockroost.com

Leigh (Balancing By Faith) said...

We have our first Upward game tomorrow -- cannot wait to see those sweet 6 year olds in chaos on the court!!! Haha

Megan said...

I loved hart of Dixie. It was cute and easy to watch. They use the same set as Gilmore girls!! And I think the quirky small towns have the same feel.

Full Time Wife Life said...

I LOVE Hart of Dixie! I was watching it at the same time as Friday Night Lights and was SO confused trying to remember that George Tucker wasn't the same as Jason Street. I kept mixing up their characters!

Lauren Boswell said...

I can't wait to see the fireplace all finished!
Also you will love love Hart of Dixie! I have watch it all the way through twice now, it's such a fun show to have on in the background while you work.
Lauren
www.learningtolovehome.blogspot.com

Heather {Happily Her} said...

I can't wait to see what your finished fireplace is going to look like. We are in the process of building and the fireplace is a big item for me. I have this image in my head that i am hoping we can make happen. I just love a cozy fireplace!

Janet said...

Thanks for the Hart of Dixie recommendation. I've been binge watching it today.