Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Reindeer Games 2015

Every year (well for the last couple years) my parents host a dinner and night full of gaming fun for family at Christmastime.  This year did NOT disappoint!  We began the night with fried catfish for dinner (they try to cook something a little off the beaten-path for the holidays) and then we let the games begin...

Well, okay after these cuties sang a few songs...then it was game time.


 The first game up was Bean Boozled.  We had one person from each couple spin and then whatever it landed on, they both had to try that jelly bean.  Some couples both got lucky and in others-just one got lucky.  :)

 Everyone took a turn.  It was fun!


Nixon got Skunk Spray and he wasn't feeling it.  :)



Then we played the Plastic Wrap Game (maybe you've seen it all over the internet??).  I ordered lots of goodies on sale Black Friday-think earrings, scarves, lotion, and a beanie.  We wrapped them all up in plastic wrap.  We sent around two dice.  If you rolled doubles, then you got to begin unwrapping the plastic wrap.  If you unleashed a goodie, it was yours to keep.  We had fun sending that around the circle and those who scored a goodie or two might have enjoyed it even more.  :)

I also made a little version for the kids with some candy and kid toys.  However, they didn't understand that it wasn't super fair for one person to get ALL the prizes.  If I was playing with kids again, I'd let each kid unwrap one prize until everyone had a turn.  Just skip the dice.


(My picture of us playing this game did NOT turn out.)
Our last game was Left, Right, Center.  We all brought three quarters and the winner went home with a couple dollars.  It was an intense game and lots of fun!


I absolutely LOVE a game night!!  I'm looking forward to having a little adult-only game night at our house soon!  What are your favorite games to play with a group??

15 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

Okay, I need to come celebrate a holiday with your family! Every year, it looks like SO MUCH FUN! The pic of Nix eating that gross jelly bean was my favorite ;)!

Stacey said...

We have a huge gathering of lots of different people at Christmas and I'm always looking for game ideas. Pinning these. ;)

ClintandGina said...

I'm taking notes and totally doing this next year!!

Narci said...

What a super fun night! Those games look like they were a big hit!!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

I saw a facebook video with that saran wrap game, and it was hysterical!!!! Looks like y'all had so much fun!

kelly said...

I LOVE how your family does this!! We do this at Thanksgiving and each family has to come up with a different game than the previous year. I love getting ideas from you! You're so fun :)

Leigh (Balancing By Faith) said...

We did the Saran wrap game at New Year's and I discovered I need to buy REALLY cheap saran wrap. Ours didn't break, so it went really quick unrolling it. Also, I think I got left/right/center for Christmas - but we haven't played yet...glad to know you like it!

kimm atwood said...

My boys played that left right center game this summer while visiting heir dad and AJ won 23$!! Thanks for sharing these fun games !

Queen In Between said...

Oh my gosh...that plastic wrap game sounds so fun!! We played bean boozled on Christmas day and we all laughed so hard. I will agree with Nixon...skunk spray is no bueno. We decided next time we play in a small group we will spin and then everyone will grab one at the same time.

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

Fun fun! We're going to have to do this next year for sure!

Jamie {the celebrating momma} said...

This is so fun! We always play BINGO at Christmas with a dirty santa twist but I am thinking we need to add some reindeer games! so so fun!

Megan said...

SOOOO fun!!! Love it! I saw a video of a family playing the plastic wrap game. Looked like a blast.

Elaine Welte said...

Left, right, center is a blast! We put $1.00 in and winner takes all!!!! I also play with my speech therapy kiddos and they love it!!!! (Except they don't win money!)

Tracy Stegall said...

How fun! I love playing games and my family would love some new ideas, thanks!

Emily said...

Those are all so fun! Several years ago, my family was introduced to the Saran Wrap game except it was boxes that were inside of each other and between each one was duck tape and Saran Wrap!! There was money in the last box and whoever "opened" it last, got the money even if the person before them has virtually torn the majority open! We are really competitive!! We also play the left right game and each of puts in $3. We do a white elephant as well but that'll probably end soon as my extended family is too competitive haha. Love your blog and your sweet family!!!