Wednesday, January 27, 2016

What's Up Wednesday

It's Wednesday and time for another What's Up Wednesday!  WAHOO!  I'm linking up with Sheaffer, Shay, and Mel to join the party.  :)

What we're eating this week:
We have had some yummy (AND EASY-my favorite) meals this week.

Monday:  Mix and Match Mama's Beer Cheese Chili-super delish and so easy!
Tuesday: I had a girl's night out, but the family had Nacho Chicken that Kelsey recommended (WAHOO!).  Tab said that it was great!  A couple weeks ago I asked for your favorite slow cooker recommendations and you ladies came through!!  You can see that post here.
Wednesday: Pork Chops recommended by Shelly (thank you!!!)-Seriously...check out the comments on that blog post.
Thursday:  LEFTOVERS!!  We're to the point that I have to double something that calls for a pound of ground beef.  Just one pound isn't cutting it anymore, so we always have leftovers.  If I don't plan a time for us to eat them, they're wasted!
Friday:  OUT-Mama's Day Off!

What I'm Reminiscing About:
Our awesome SNOW DAY last year!  I really just want one good one.  But-last year when Tab and I went to Deer Valley, Utah, it was almost the end of the snow season so all the cute snow boots were majorly on sale.  I bought a pair for all the kids and I'm certain it won't snow in Texas until they've all outgrown them.  hahaha!

What I'm Loving:
Watching this kid play basketball!  (I forgot to take a picture at the game on Saturday).  Their little team is improving so much.  I almost had a crazy mom moment and teared up at the game on Saturday. They actually know what "REBOUND" means now.  #ithink #maybe  :)

What We've Been Up To:
Just, dance, homework, school.  All the normal stuff but I kind of love my little bit of crazy.

What I'm Dreading:
That should say, "the messy state my closet is in".  I've been trying to organize every nook and cranny around here.  The next item on the list is our master closet and I'm NOT looking forward to it.  WAAAAHHHHH!!!!!  (Did I share that last month and put it off ALL MONTH LONG?  hahaha!)

What I'm Working On:
Ebby Lee has a 100th day of school project coming up.  I'm working on completely giving her the reigns.  I want to take over and I'm fighting myself by letting her do it HER WAY!  Do you mamas know what I'm saying??

What I'm Excited About:
Need I say more??
We're setting sail with the Shull five on a Disney Cruise over Spring Break and we can't wait!!

What I'm watching/reading:
I've been watching The Bachelor and am so ready for Ben to get down to some for-real girls!  Haven't we been watching a lot of crazy?  I'm also always watching The Real Housewives of Atlanta.  I just started two books...Every Little Thing and The Choice.  I'll share them with you soon!

What I'm Listening To:
Some chitter-chatter at the dance studio.  As I type, I'm sitting in the hallway of the dance studio while Ebby Lee and Kensington get their dance on.

What I'm Wearing:
Lots of vests.  Vests are my BFF.  Coats can be a bit bulky when you're inside, so I love that a vest is lighter.  I probably wear a vest three days a week.  Don't judge.  :)   I shared this outfit last week.

What I'm Doing This Weekend:
We have a FUN weekend planned.  We have a talent show, a basketball game, a birthday party, and friends coming to spend the night on their way through town.  It should be a great time!

What's Your Favorite Valentine's Day Treat:
Hmmm....I don't discriminate.  I like desserts and all kinds of them.  If you missed it, I shared a family favorite Strawberry Pretzel Dessert on Monday.  It's a good one!

Tomorrow, I have a super fun Owning It post ready!  Come back tomorrow to check it out!

Happy Wednesday, Girls!!


Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Vests ARE your BFF! And you look so dang cute in them...fur vests and puffer vests were both made for you! And I'm thinking next week is going to include a couple of your recipes from this week! Yum!

Queen In Between said...

Not even going to lie...I almost peed my pants when I saw my name here. :) I hope you guys enjoy the pork chops my family LOVES them! Closets...always a pain to get to but therapeutic for me once it's done. My friend Holly has been using the Kon Mari method and oh my gosh her closet is looking amazing AND she has looked adorable every day because she can find her clothes!!

Mix and Match Mama said...

Girl! I love how similar our What's Up Wednesdays are :). And yes, Sheaffer is right...vests are your BFF! I cannot pull them off like you can!

Narci said...

Those recipes look so good!! Yum! Also, you look precious in that beat and scarf! Xoxo

Debbie K. said...

When my son headed back to college this semester, I was very sad! As always! So I headed right up to my walk in closet that was a HOT MESS and started in. Four hours later, it looked soooo much better. Everyday when I walk in, I say to myself,"Why didn't I get to this sooner?" All that to say... it will be worth it i the end.

Meagan @ The Clanahan Fam said...

Can totally relate to your crazy mom moment! The first time Ryan got a hit in his first ever baseball game, I totally cried. Hahaha. Not even ashamed.

Sara @ The Crazy Cozads said...

Girl. Solidarity on the master closet! My husband did his side earlier this month and now my side just looks even worse! I'm blaming it on having "normal" clothes and maternity clothes! Ha! I did clean out my baby steps? :) You can do it!!!

Leigh (Balancing By Faith) said...

Ha - laughed out loud at the rebound comment - we are in the same age, so funny to watch, but like wrangling cats for sure!! We also are working on a 100 day project - mama left so daddy could allow little man to do on his own!!

A Gal Named Al said...

If you haven't started Real Housewives of Potomac yet, drop everything you're doing and watch it NOW! It's so good!

Elaine Welte said...

I wear a vest weekly! I love them!

Olivia said...

A long time ago I had that strawberry pretzel dessert at a cafe and have wanted to try it at home since. My mom gave me a recipe, but I can't find it. I'll have to try this one...looks yummy! If you like chicken enchilada casserole, I found a yummy one this week. The link is on my blog today :)

"The Mrs." said...

Love this...I agree about the Bachelor. I am ready for some serious girls. ;) Happy "hump"Day!

Emily Walker said...

I need a tutorial on how you get the CUTEST ponytail in the world. Mine always looks like I just woke up! :-)

Erica - Second House on the Right said...

The Strawberry Pretzel Salad is the best thing ever!!! I may or may not pack a to go box before dinner every time my MIL makes it!

Kelsey @ The Peacock Roost said...

So glad to hear your family tried the Nacho Chicken & loved it! Thanks so much for the shout out :)! I second the Konmari method from The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up. I've been applying the concepts to our house for a few months and it has made all the difference in the world! My closet is so much better & I have found myself trying so many outfits I never thought of before! Definitely check it out :) We've been seeing all kinds of crazy on the Bachelor! I'm ready for him to narrow it down too. Oh and P.S. I second a tutorial needed on how you styled your hair in the last photo!

mel @ the larson lingo said...

My closets are also a DISASTER! My house is clean & organized....but some closets are SCARY! LOL!
You are going to have so much fun on the Disney Cruise!! We went on the Disney Dream a few years ago...AMAZING!

Chelsea said...

I am so ready for some for-real girls on the Bachelor! Enough of the crazy. Side note, you guys are seriously making a cruise sound like the best idea ever.