Wednesday, January 13, 2016

What's Your...

Happy Wednesday!!  

I must tell you one of my very favorite things about blogging is the communication we get to have.  I love your book and movie recommendations.  I love hearing what latest song I should download.  And my favorite thing is getting "around the house" ideas from you.

This might fall under the "around the house" category.  All year long but ESPECIALLY in the winter, my slow cooker is my BFF.  With after school activities, we need to come home to a dinner that's been cooking all day and is ready!  I thought it'd be crazy helpful and fun if we all shared our favorite-we know it off the top of our head-kind of slow cooker recipe.  You know your go-to recipe that everyone in your family loves?  We want THAT one!

I'll start.  This recipe is my most favorite slow cooker recipe.  It's yummy and delicious and it's in a taco shell.  My favorite.  :)

You guys!  The cheese, the green onion, the barbecue sauce, AND the crunchy shell-it's hands down our favorite slow cooker meal.

These babies come in at a close second.  They are delicious!  And you can make a big batch of the barbecue and have leftovers the next day.

Speaking of Mix and Match Mama, look what I got this week...
Mix and Match Mama's COOKBOOKS!!!  EEK!

Shay's cookbooks hit the stands on February 1st, but you can pre-order this book here.  I'm so crazy proud of this girl!!  Shay is living proof that hard work pays off.  Dream big, girls!!  She's worked hard for this and I'm so happy for her.  And...they are the CUTEST cookbooks ever! 

Mix and Match Mama's Meal Planner is available here

Please share!!  Tell us your favorite slow cooker recipe.  Your tried and true and family favorite...what is it??  

Thanks for sharing your ideas, ladies!  I can't wait to read and add them to my meal plan!  :)


Mix and Match Mama said...

So, this is like my favorite post ever :)! Thank you so much friend! You are always one of my BEST taste testers!! Love you!

Narci said...

Can't wait to come back and see everyone's awesome crock pot recipes!! And, Shay's cookbooks are seriously the prettiest cookbooks!! Love it!!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Both SUPER yummy recipes. So proud of Shay!!!!

Kirby McCasland said...

It's always nice to CRAVE BBQ at 6am!

Meagan @ The Clanahan Fam said...

Oh, I LOVE my slow cooker! A couple of easy faves :: 1) Green chicken tostadas - take a package of chicken tenders, a jar of salsa verde (mild), sprinkle a little cumin, garlic powder, and chili powder (like a tsp of each) on the chicken, slow cooker on low for 3-4 hours or high for 2, shred the chicken and put on tostadas topped with monterey jack cheese, in the oven at 400 for 5-7 minutes. YUM! 2) Crock pot roast & veggies - 3-4lb chuck roast, fat trimmed off. Season with salt & pepper, place in a hot pan with a little bit of olive oil and sear for color on all sides. Place in the slow cooker with carrots, potatoes, and quartered onions. Mix together about 1 cup of beef broth with a tsp of basil and pour over the roast and vegetables. Cook on low 8 hours or until meat easily shreds.

Tara G. said...

Unseasoned pork tenderloin + 1 can whole cranberries + 8 oz Russian salad dressing + 1 pkg Lipton onion soup mix. Combine, cook on low 6-8 hrs. Great with mashed potatoes. :)

Hannah Hardy said...

Can't wait to come back and read all the recipes!

My fav... Crock pot chicken tacos!
- 1 jar of salsa
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- little bit of water (about 1 cup)
- chicken breasts
- cook on high 6 hours. Shred chicken with fork once done.

So easy, and so yummy!!!

Jenny said...

My favorite recipe that my family loves is Salsa Chicken. Everyone I give this recipe to loves it and it is super easy. I see a lot of variations around the internet these days, but this is the only way I make it.

Salsa Chicken
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (can be frozen)
- 1 large jar of salsa (I use Pace....nothing fancy here, but you can use whatever you like)

Add everything in to the slow cooker and cook on low all day. When I get home from work I pull the chicken out in to a bowl and shred with 2 forks and add in enough of the salsa to the moistness we like. I serve this on flat tostada shells with refried or black beans, cheese, sour cream, etc.

There are always a ton of leftovers and they are good in tortilla soup, for nachos, etc.

Chelsea said...

We make this one ALL of the time. It's a slow cooker turkey chili!

Stacey O'Neill said...

Buffalo Chicken
boneless skinless chicken breasts
12 oz bottle Buffalo Wing Sauce
1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
Place chicken into crockpot. Sprinkle ranch mix over top. Pour buffalo sauce over chicken. Cover and cook on low for about 3 hours {or high for 2 hours}. Shred. Stir to coat chicken. Continue cooking shredded chicken in crockpot on low for about another hour or until chicken absorbs most of the sauce.

I put it on buns for sandwhiches, or make quesadillas out of it.

Erika Slaughter said...

I am the biggest buffalo chicken fan!! Thank you for sharing!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Gonna try it asap!!! Thank you!!

Erika Slaughter said...

You're speaking my love language...LEFTOVERS!!! Thank you for sharing!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you for sharing!! Sounds delish!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Yum!!! Thank you for this! I'll be trying soon!

Erika Slaughter said...

Meagan!!! Thank you for sharing these!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Hahahaha!!! I know, right? ;)

Elizabeth said...

This one is great and makes a ton, so you will definitely have leftovers-
I also have used ground turkey instead of beef and it's just as good.

Angela Ellingson said...

Awesome topic! Mix and Match Mama's recipes are most of our staple meals, but I haven't tried those two yet and they look DELICIOUS! I'm super excited to get her meal planner cookbook! It's preordered!

Erika Slaughter said...

They're mostly our staple meals too! You're gonna love it!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!!! This looks delicious!!

Queen In Between said...

So many M&M favorites but I have yet to try a slow cooker recipe can you believe that?? One of my families favorites is pork chops and gravy. I use the boneless porkchops because they literally become so tender the bones were just falling out. 1 pkg lipton onion soup mix, 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1 can chicken broth, 1 pkg brown gravy mix and I typically use 4-6 pork chops and cook on low 6 hours or so. Serve over brown rice or noodles!

Kelsey @ The Peacock Roost said...

I have several under the kitchen tab on my blog but two of our favorites are:

Nacho Chicken
2 large chicken breasts
1 packet taco seasoning
1 can rotel
Cook on high 4-6 hours & shred. We use it to make bowls, tacos, quesadillas etc. So easy & delish!

Honey Garlic Chicken
2 large chicken breasts
1 bag carrots
1 bag frozen broccoli
3 tsp minced garlic
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1/3 C Honey

Cook on high 4-6 hours. (We put the broccoli in to cook at the beginning but sometimes add extra about an hour before it's done)

Both of these can be frozen and thawed later as well!

Can't wait to get both of Shay's cookbooks!


The Stantons said...

Crockpots are my favorite!

Slow Cooker Balsamic Shredded Beef


4-5lb beef chuck roast
1 cup beef broth
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
3 cloves garlic, pressed

Whisk together all the ingredients and add to the bottom of a slow cooker. Add roast. Covere and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Remove roast and shred with a fork, return to juices.
Serve and enjoy. The gravy is delicious with mashed potatoes too!

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

Love this post and all of the comments... I'm taking notes!! Hahahaha.

Tori Beckman said...

Chicken Cheesy Tater Tot Casserole

1 (32 oz.) bag frozen tater tots
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 bag of bacon pieces
1/2 cup milk

Karen said...

My go-to favorite that I share with anyone who asks... Creamy chicken.
Throw some frozen or thawed chicken in your slow cooker, add one package each of dry Italian and dry Ranch seasoning, about a cup of water and cook on low for 4-6 hours (until chicken is easy to shred). Shred the chicken, add a block of cream cheese, and cook for another half an hour.
Serve over rice, mashed potatoes, any kind of noodles, or quinoa.
To change it up a little, I'll put some Rotel in at the beginning. Or some frozen veggies towards the end. So many things you can do with this recipe!

Kathryn Pay said...

This is not the least bit healthy but it is SO GOOD!!! And super easy!
Mississippi Roast
Chuck roast
5 Pepperoncini peppers
1 packet Au jus gravy mix, dry
1 packet Ranch seasoning mix, dry
1 STICK OF BUTTER (so not healthy)

Put the roast in the slow cooker and top with the other ingredients. Cook on high 4 hours or low for 8 (might require a little more time depending on the size of your roast). You can also add carrots and potatoes if you wish but I usually make it with mashed potatoes. I saw this recipe over and over on Pinterest before I finally tried it and now it's the ONLY way I cook a roast!

Stephanie said...

I've made this so many times, and it's soooo good!

Mississippi Roast

2-3 lb roast
1 packet of dry ranch dressing mix
1 packet of dry au ju mix
pepperoncini peppers (I buy a jar and use about 6 each time I make this)
1 stick of butter

Place your roast in the crock pot and coat it in the dry mixes all over
place your peppers around the roast
cut up the stick of butter and place on top of the roast
No water needed!

Cook on low for 4 hours or longer if your crock pot cooks slower. Mine gets super hot on low.

live compassionately said...

Beef tips and rice! It couldn't be any easier! Put beef stew meat in the crockpot, then pour in one cap of cream of mushroom soup, 1 packet of French onion soup mix, and at least 12 oz. of regular Sprite (I usually use 2 of the small bottles). Cook it on low all day or at least 4-6 hours on high, then put the meat and sauce over some rice! It's delicious!

Alayna said...

I grew up eating this stew that my mom called "hodge podge stew". My husband loves it all these years later. 1 lb ground beef or ground turkey browned and put in crock pot; add 1 can drained corn; add 2 cans rotel; add 2 cans ranch beans or chili beans and 3 regular sized cans of minestrone soup. Lastly add two-three cups water and cook low 4-6 hours. Makes a ton and freezes easily.

emily @ a little bit of emily said...

This is awesome! I am definitely saving to look back at for suggestions. My favorite is:

Beef & Noodles
1lb stew meat
2 cans of beef broth (or water and beef bullion cubes)
1/2 Tablespoon of onion powder
10 grinds of black pepper
1 package of Reames Homestyle Egg Noodles (in the freezer section)

Add stew meat, beef broth, onion powder and black pepper to your crockpot. Cook on low for 8 hours. You can either add in the noodles and cook on high until done, or transfer the meat mixture to a pot on the stove, add the noodles and cook over medium for 15-20 minutes.

My mom would make this growing up and it has always been one of my favorites!

kimm atwood said...

I love crockpot recipes year round! Here is one of my favorites!

Herbed Veggie Soup
1 10ounce package frozen Italian green beans
1 10 ounce package frozen corn
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup finely chopped carrots
2 cloves garlic, minced
6 cups vegetable, chicken or beef broth ( I use beef broth)
1 6 ounce can tomato paste
2 tablespoons parsley
1/2 teaspoon basil
1 4 ounce package of small pasta 9 I use ditalini)
1 bay leaf

Combine frozen green beans,, frozen corn, onion, carrots, and garlic. Add broth, tomato paste, parsley, basil and bay leaf. Stir to combine.

Cover, cook on low for 7-9 hours, or high for 3-4 hours. Ad pasta, cook on low or high heat setting for 1 hour more. Discard bay leaf!

It is super yummy!

ecoyne said...

Italian chicken
Layer a stick of butter in the bottom cut up. Add a splash or white cooking wine.
Add frozen chicken breast, pour one package of zesty Italian dressing mix, add 1 can cream of chicken soup, one package cream cheese and maybe some chicken broth (splash or two) cook on low all day , serve over egg noodles

Tracy Stegall said...

Thank you I am loving all of the suggestions!

kelly said...

This looks gooood and so easy! Def gonna try it!

kelly said...

This is soo simple, you'll be tempted NOT to try it, but give it at least one shot cause it's delish.
All you need is a beef roast and a can or 2 of cream of mushroom soup on top with salt and pepper.
Serve with noodles and a veggie.
Or you can turn it into a stew by adding onion, carrots, celery and potatoes. Then you have a complete meal ready to go. I still serve it over noodles.

Alisha said...

Another Beef Tips recipe coming up!
This is one of our all time favorites- the gravy/sauce is DELICIOUS. Even my mushroom hating husband LOVES and will get seconds! Doesn't hurt that it might be the easiest thing in the world too...

Beef Stew Meat (I've used anywhere from 2-4lbs depending on how many people)
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 can Golden Mushroom Soup
1 can French Onion Soup

Mix the soups together and pour over the beef tips. Cook for 4-6 hours depending on your crockpot. Serve over egg noodles. YUM YUM YUM YUM!!!

Ida Berger said...

Thank you for the veggie recipe. I am vegetarian and am debating whether to get a slow cooker. Not sure if there are enough veg friendly recipes it can be used for...

CAR08CMR10 said...

LOVE the crockpot! We had two new successful crockpot recipes this week!! Woohoo! These balsamic chicken thighs were yummy. I served them with sautéed asparagus. And these slow cooker carnitas were a hit! It was a Chipotle-inspired burrito bowl night at our house. Rice, black beans, carnitas, and homemade guacamole. I am jazzed about these ideas that have been posted!

Sara said...

I got this recipe from the Tasty Kitchen website. I make it a lot, especially in the summer! Once I brought it to a 4th of July BBQ and it all got eaten.
Hawaiian BBQ Pulled Chicken sandwiches:
2-3 lbs. of chicken (I use breasts)
1 onion, chopped
Big can of crushed pineapple, I drain most of the liquid
18-20 oz bottle of barbecue sauce, I love Sweet Baby Ray's

Put chicken on the bottom of the crockpot, layer onion, pineapple, and sauce on top. All crockpots cook differently, but mine cooks through around 6 hours on low. Shred the chicken and add it back in. Serve on buns. It's so good!!

Ash said...

Oh my gosh. I came back to look at this for i'm SO hungry!

We love:

It makes a ton, then we either make burrito bowls with it, or salads, or quesadillas #orallofthem


Erin said...

Beef and Noodles
1# stew beef (or a small roast cut up into bite sized pieces), browned in a skillet

Add to crock pot with 3c. HOT water, 1 pgk Au Jus mixed together. Cook on low 8-10hrs. 1 hour before eating turn to high and add 1 pkg frozen noodles, still together. After 1 hr serve! Super easy, so delicious! Salt and pepper as needed.

Morgan said...

Chicken and gravy is one of our faves - mix a packet of chicken gravy mix with a can of cream of chicken soup, pour on top of 2-3 boneless chicken breasts. Cook on low for about 6 hours, then break up the chicken with a spoon. I usually add some dehydrated onion and whatever herbs I have on hand too. Serve with rice or noodles. Couldn't be easier!