Monday, February 15, 2016

A Little Picture Catch-Up

I have a little picture catching-up to do from the last couple days.

These two.  
Ashby:  Go Bo!
Bowen:  Ashby, you're too big.
(I should add they were going up-hill.) :)  ha!

I got to attend this kid's Valentine Party at school on Friday.  He was a little pumped about it.

Tab headed to Ebby Lee's party and I got to stop by for just a minute.  They were playing a fun little game.  Shoot cupid's arrow (q-tip) into a heart-shaped bowl through a straw.

Friday night we had dinner out and then headed to the Valentine's Dance at school with these crazy six.  They had the BEST time!  Bowen was over it rather quickly and halfway through Nixon said, "I don't know what I'm supposed to do."  Welcome to dances, Nixon!  ha!

At least one person was blurry in every. single. picture I took!

 A family selfie-with an extra little friend.

 This years dance was a huge success!

After Nixon's basketball game we hit up our favorite furniture store to do a little browsing.

Then this happened.  I hadn't felt too great the last couple of days, but I kept blaming it on my sinuses.  Finally Saturday afternoon I headed to an Urgent Care and I had strep!  Saturday night, I was stuck in bed and my valentine took care of everything.  So thankful for him!

I'll have more Valentine pictures coming soon.  That Family Valentine Dinner still happened and was a hit!

18 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

I'm so glad you're doing better! Listen, that picture of Nixon from school made me laugh out loud! I loved his sweet little excited expression!

Grace said...

I hope you feel better Erika! When did Nixon get old enough to lose teeth?? Where does time even go. That group shot of the Slaughter-Shulls made me giggle. Such great kids. Happy Monday!

Narci said...

Yay!! So glad you are doing better!! And, that picture of Nixon is so cute!!!!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

"I don't know what I'm supposed to." That's hysterical. At our dance, Luke and Carter stood in the corner for a good 20 minutes and talked Pokemon cards. Ha! :)

kelly said...

Love Ebby lees blue dress! would you mind sharing where you bought it?
Hope youre feeling better!

Sarah Shaneyfelt said...

I love Ebby Lee's red dress she wore on Friday night!!!!
Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

Katie {The Mishaps & Mayhem of a Solitary Life} said...

A family dance is such a nice thing for your school to have!! And I will have to put that valentine game that Ebby Lee played in class in my bag of tricks! Cute!! Hope you are feeling better today! And Go Tab for taking over!! :)

Chasity Munn said...

Aww the family dance looks fun! Can't wait until mine are old enough. :)

Erika Slaughter said...

It's a Matilda Jane dress. Thank you!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!! I snagged it because I think it'll be great for All kinds of holidays!

Kelsey @ The Peacock Roost said...

So much Valentine's fun! I'm sure watching the kiddos at the dance was very entertaining :) Hope you feel better soon!!
Kelsey
www.thepeacockroost.com

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

Yuck! Feel better soon, little Momma!

live compassionately said...

Hope you are feeling better!

Gina Daily said...

Elementary schools get it right when it comes to kids and Valentine's Day. Love all the fun things they do! So sorry to hear you have strep! Hope you get well soon!
Gina || On the Daily Express

Elise @ Her Heart and Home said...

Hope you're feeling better, beautiful mama! xx

Leigh (Balancing By Faith) said...

Looks like a fun filled Valentine's - minus the strep throat. Hope you are feeling much better!!

Queen In Between said...

Bummer on the strep but it is always nice to know you have a great backup! Hope you are better!

Kelli said...

I don't know what I'm supposed to do! ahhahahha That is exactly how dances are...forever. haha