Friday, February 26, 2016

Friday Favorites

Ladies!  It has been a WEEK!  I've never been happier to see the weekend come.  ha!  I'm joining forces with my girls, Narci and Andrea to share our Friday Favorites!  You should join us!

First of all, I'm SO glad several of you agreed with me!  I absolutely LOVED Lauren Graham in Gilmore Girls and Parenthood.  I'm a huge fan so I wanted to love this book, but I'm having the hardest time getting into it.  After reading those comments it's so nice to know I'm not alone.  I'm going to keep trying.  I'll let you know how it goes!


Tab left on Sunday to go skiing with Andrew and some friends in Vail for several days.  He had two other business trips right after back to back so the second he gets home this mama is going to be off-duty for a few hours!  Wahoo!!  I was his biggest supporter to go-I get to see my girlfriends at the gym, at drop-off, at lunch and he doesn't have time during the day to do that.  I wanted him to go and have fun with friends, but now I'm ready for him to be home!  Ha!

I've been solo with the crazies.  :)  I've shared before that around these parts we don't worry about matching socks.  Now, I must clarify that I wouldn't pair a long sock with a short sock, but I'm talking same type of socks just different colors can totally be worn together.  Check out the proof!  
 That ecard was a little graphic, but you get the idea, right?  The kiddos and I hit up a couple stores and oh my goodness!  I'm looking at candles, telling one kid to stop touching the other, all while the other kid is telling me they need to go to the bathroom.  UGH!  #momlife

We've had our fair share of pizza this week.  Tab is the healthiest eater in our house, so with him gone we've enjoyed our favorites!  haha!  She's smiling because pizza was for lunch.  :)


This week I totally felt like this!!  Let me just say I'm so thankful we don't have many clocks in the house and my kids don't really tell time or look at them.  #earlybedtimes

The bible study I'm doing was so good yesterday.  It was all about waiting and how everyone during one stage or another (usually) experiences a wait.  Waiting for a new job.  Waiting to get pregnant.  Waiting to get into the program.  Waiting of some kind.  
This verse, girls, it's good stuff!


Yesterday I got to have lunch with these favorites!  :)  We were being silly and sending this to a friend.  You know that whole pat your head while rubbing your tummy?  Well, I was never good at that.  I'm trying to take a picture, while smiling, holding up four fingers (but I'm pretty sure I held up all five), and trying prevent that "I'm closest to the camera so my head looks way bigger than everyone else" look (yea, it didn't work).  But tacos, queso, and girl talk are always a favorite!

And maybe my favorite of the week.  I asked Nixon and Smith to help me get this big box broken down just so it'd fit through the door.  They finished the job!  These two spent over fifteen minutes jumping on this box.

If you need me, my people and I will be watching Fuller House!  EEK!!  Can't wait!

Hope you have the BEST weekend!!  XOXO

17 comments:

P!nky said...

Love that waiting quote! All in God's time!

Living In This Season said...

I make a horrible single parent- but your attitude is so great about giving your husband that time- so important! Have a great weekend and thanks for hoping!

Mix and Match Mama said...

Four...eight...twelve...it was an excessive number ladies ;). Love the quotes!! I especially love the one about shopping. #truth Happy Friday friend!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

That pic of the boys on that bench is precious. And during our picture, I should have been concentrating on not giving people a peek into my brain through my nostrils! Hahahaha!!!!!

Narci said...

Cute picture of Tab and Andrew and then the boys and Ebby Lee!! So sweet! The only thing I can notice in the picture of us is how my pinky finger seems to be attached differently than the rest of my fingers??? What on earth?? Why is it so far away? Lol! Had the best time with you at lunch friend! Love you!! Xoxo

kimm atwood said...

Yay for fuller house!!! Have a great weekend !

Queen In Between said...

I think I'd grab a starbucks and head to a Target and just wander around for hours if I were you! haha...I've got to find some mom time to get a pedicure this weekend..my toes are ridiculous. Have a super weekend!

Jennifer said...

I am loving that Bible study. I absolutely can not wait until next week when Kate Harden is writing. She is my pastor's wife and I just adore her personally and adore her writing.

Brittney said...

I am totally feeling the winging it quote today (and maybe every other day too!).Have a great weekend!

Katherine said...

Haha! Love the winging it quote. My hubby travels for work every week and that quote just spoke to me. Enjoy your weekend!

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

Oh gosh, my hubs is heading out of town on Sunday for a business trip and I'm dreading it with a capital D. Glad to see that you survived... I'm sure I will too! Lol.

Leigh (Balancing By Faith) said...

Oh the boys jumping on the box got me!! I know they had so much fun and you got your box crushed! Enjoy your weekend - and some alone time with Tab back!!

Brettni @ Bringing Up Brumfields said...

Love the girl pic from lunch yesterday. I'm still trying to figure out how to take a good selfie. Ha!

Misty said...

I can relate to shopping with kids, and it doesn't get easier the older they get. My 10 year old is just as bad as the 4 year old. I've already watched 4 episodes of Fuller House today. I'm thinking it might be an all nighter haha. Can't wait to hear how the Disney cruise goes! We went on our first Disney cruise back in October. It was a blast! Make sure you go to port adventures as soon as you get on board to get a scheduled time for the princess meet and greet.

Katie {The Mishaps & Mayhem of a Solitary Life} said...

My weekend was all about Fuller House!!! Perfectly cheesy and fabulous!!! What'd you think??

mld1383 said...

Hi Erika,
Does the bible study you are doing have a name or is there someway I would be able to find/do/read the one you did on 'waiting'? I know I could greatly benefit from it.
Thank you for your time!

fzillion said...

Very short history on the Little Black Dress?
cheap little black dress