Monday, February 29, 2016

Let's Talk....GUYS!

 Happy Monday, Friends!  
I'm so excited about today!  Today, Andrea and I are chatting and it's all about the GUYS in our life.  You can talk about your hubby, your boyfriend, your son, your uncle, your dad,  your mail man, OR basically any guy in your life.  :)  

Tab Slaughter
 The first guy in my life I wanna talk about is my husband, Tab.  I am so blessed to have him as my partner-in-crime.  He is a benefits' consultant by day, a college football official during football season, and also a dad/hubby the other 24 hours a day.  :)

 Tab brings the party to our family.  He's the rock of our family and we're so blessed to have this guy.

I'm not watching American Idol, but so many people posted Kelly Clarkson's song, Piece by Piece, on FB that I watched.  Here's a link if you missed it.  I'm so thankful my children won't know how that feels.  Kelly Clarkson is a crazy successful women in her thirties and the pain is still so real.  Breaks. My. Heart.

 Tab's favorite family activities are anything sports related.  Every night without fail he and Nix play some kind of ball.  Bowen and Ebby Lee always get a turn but after about three times they could care less.  ha!  

I learned this week that he's the driving force behind our family's healthy eating.  With Tab out of town all last week, we had our fair share of pizza and dessert!  #becauseitwaseasy #anddelicious

Tab and I met our senior year of college through mutual friends.  I invited he and a friend over to our apartment (with another roommate) and just found out recently that Tab never invited his friend.  Ha!  He just came alone!  He came over for a taco dinner, we hit it off, and the rest is history.  

We all four love this guy big and are so thankful he's ours!!


 Nixon Slaughter
This guy captured my heart almost six years ago and is still holding onto it tightly.  

 I don't think any two words could describe Nixon more than, "all-boy".  He loves all things sports, is still 100% into dogs (I'm going to have to break down and get him a dog soon.), and is the funny comedian in our family.

Nixon keeps us all laughing AND he keeps me as a mom on my toes ALL the time!  

Nixon is our animal loving kid.  He could tell you interesting facts about a paragon falcon any day.  #thankyouwildkratts 

If he had to choose his favorite toy, he'd hands down choose a ball of any kind every time.  His love language is definitely quality time.  He's not really into toys, but he just wants to be with the ones he loves.

Nixon always bring the party and fun to our family outings.  #hegetsitfromhisdad  He is the best brother to Ebby Lee and Bowen and we're so in love with that little guy.



Bowen Slaughter
Meet Bowen.  Our little peace keeper.  Bowen knows how to get what he wants from every single person in our family.

All of the children sleep in the same room.  I know, it's crazy, but it's what they do.  I walked in and Bowen was in bed with Ebby Lee.  Ebby Lee said that Bowen had asked and she'd told him no (he and Nix sleep on a trundle).  But...Bowen started crying and she "didn't want to hear him crying so she told him to get in."  haha!  The perfect example of how he being the baby still rules those big kids!

Bowen is into all things dinosaur, Ashby Shull, and Team Umizoomi.  He's recently discovered The Land Before Time on Netflix and he's pretty head-over-heels for that as well.

He's very charming and can have the toughest person cracked pretty quickly.

God knew exactly what he was doing when he gave us this one.  So thankful for our little B.


Now, it's your turn!  Please link up with us and tell us about the guy (or two or three) in your life!

Upcoming topics...
In case you missed last month, 


25 comments:

Lauren McGreevy said...

You definitely have some great guys in your life! Nixon and Bowen are so stinking cute too! Happy Monday!

Lauren
www.postgradinprogress.blogspot.com

Narci said...

Three great guys in your life!! That story about Bowen and Ebby Lee is just the sweetest!! Love!

Meagan @ The Clanahan Fam said...

Sweet, sweet boys in your life, girlie! And do you ever take a bad picture??? Haha. Oh, and that top picture of Nixon? His face cracks me up - something in between plotting or thinking of his next joke. Too cute!

Mix and Match Mama said...

All three of the Slaughter boys are charming! They're also all three very sweet and extremely genuine. And LOYAL! All three are super loyal too! I'm blessed to know each and every one of them. God is doing amazing work through the lives of all three.

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

You sure do have a great group of guys! And I love that they all sleep together. So sweet!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!!

Erika Slaughter said...

I know but it's all because he knows how to work her. Ha!

Erika Slaughter said...

Yes!! Top collage-pic on right. I was still swollen from having a baby! Oh my!! But you're so sweet! That is my favorite picture of Nixon! :)

Erika Slaughter said...

Loyal is the perfect word!!! Thanks for adding that, friend!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!!

kimm atwood said...

There is nothing better than having some awesome guys in our lives! Happy Monday!

Leigh (Balancing By Faith) said...

What a sweet post - your boys smiles are heart warming!!

Megan said...

Haha!! Sweet Bowen!!! ️️Baker loves team umizoomi too!!

Grace said...

I'm so blessed simply by reading about the guys in your life! Have a great Monday Erika 😊

Lisa Longoria said...

Sweet post!! You look just like my friend Mindie from Arkansas! Anyone named Mindie in your fan? Heehee!

Regine Karpel said...

Love
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Erika Slaughter said...

So true, Kimm!!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thanks girl!

Erika Slaughter said...

He's a MESS!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Hahaha!!! No! But i need to meet Mindie!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thanks, Grace! You too!

Maddie Butterfield said...

Such a sweet post! All of your pictures are too cute! Happy Monday!

Stephanie said...

Fun reading about your boys! They are adorable!

Meghan McClellan said...

What a great group of guys you have, Erika!! Thanks for sharing a little bit about them all! P.S.- I love that all the kiddos sleep in the same room! I hope my daughter and any future siblings she has are that close!

Amanda M said...

Erika I loved how you mentioned Kelly Clarkson when talking about your husband and how thankful you are! I'm a HUGE Kelly fan and was at her concert in LA last summer when she broke down during that song and announced her second pregnancy. It broke my heart, I will never know that feeling as a child because I have the most amazing father who has been a ROCK for my siblings and I. I'm not in a relationship but it's something I think about all the time while dating. I have such high standards in finding a man that can live up to my own father and what Kelly sings about in her song!

Www.cupcakendreams.com