Thursday, March 24, 2016

Everything Entertainment

I think it's time for another edition of...

A Little Bit of Everything Entertainment.

If I had all the time in the world, you must know that I'd do research for these posts all day.  I'd read and read and read just so I could share my thoughts with you.  But I don't...boo...so my entertainment list is a bit short today.

What I've Been Reading:

Turning the Tables by Teresa Giudice
Are there any Real Housewives' fans out there?  If so, you need to get this book.  You will love it!  As a fan of the show (and even Teresa on the show), I was pumped about reading this book.  For those of you who don't know, Teresa is on The Real Housewives of New Jersey and recently went to prison for eleven months because of tax fraud.  In this book, she gives accounts of her childhood, family life, and days spent in prison.  And I should add she is not one to leave out the details.  (Insert that emoji with the big wide eyes!!)  I'm telling you...if you're a fan of the show, you'll love this!

Summerland by Elin Hilderbrand
Shay gave me this book a while ago.  I was a bit intimidated because it's long.  As a mom, it's hard to commit to a big book.  Sometimes I'm not sure when I'll be able to pick a book up again, BUT I'm SO glad I read this one.  I packed it on our vacation and found myself staying up late to read when everyone else was asleep.  
This novel is about a group of high school students who are in a car accident.  The girl driving was upset about something and driving recklessly.  She doesn't survive so we're kept in suspense throughout the entire book trying to figure out what had happened prior to the wreck.  Let me tell you...at the end, we figure it out and it's just good!  A great chick-lit read that will suck you right in and have you staying up late even on vacation!

Someone recommended this book to Tab and we couldn't wait to read.  With three children in our home, we have a variety of personalities going on over here...mix them in with Tab and I and we're a hodge podge!  ;)  This book outlines four different personalities and then it shares a story (with about five chapters) and how each personality is special, unique, and needed.  One isn't better than the other, which was great for our children to see.  We read this with our kids and they could quickly identify which animal they were similar to.  Great family time read!

Anchored by Kayla Aimee
You know that spot on Amazon where it says, "People Who Purchased This Also Purchased These Books"...that area gets me every time.  This book by Kayla Aimee popped up for me on Amazon and I purchased.  It's a story about Kayla's real-life struggle with finally getting pregnant only to deliver a very premature baby extremely early.  She then rides a roller coaster of emotions trying to figure out where God is through it all.  She is "Anchored" in her faith and shares her story.


What I've Been Watching:

Fuller House
I shared all kinds of thoughts on Fuller House Season 1.

Zootopia
3/5 of our family got to watch this new movie, Zootopia, on board the Disney Magic.  Ebby Lee and I missed it so a couple weekends ago we hit up the theatre to watch.  I thought this new movie was super cute and entertaining!  Ebby Lee was a bit frightened during a few of the scenes.  But overall...a cute and kid-friendly show.

What are YOU reading and watching right now??  I love hearing your suggestions.  :)  I have a couple upcoming trips where I know I'll get some good reading time in, so I'd love your ideas!  Thank you!

21 comments:

Julie Connelly said...

OOOOOOOO, I can't WAIT to read Teresa's book!!! I LOVE Real Housewives!! I also can't wait to see Zootopia. I wasn't sure if my kids would want to see it, but I keep hearing good things about it so now I'm excited :) My kids are on break next week, so that is on our agenda!!!! Thank you so much or your entertainment posts...love them!!!!

Narci said...

Oh fun! I missed that Teresa even had a book out!! Heading to Amazon now to order it! Thank you for the recommendation!!

Mix and Match Mama said...

I'm so glad you passes Anchored on to me! It was such a good book!! And Teresa's book was one of my favorites this month too!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

You know I'm out on all the books...but we loved Zootopia! We thought it was so cute!

Tanya said...

I agree about Zootopia...such a cute family movie. My 12 and 13 year old even loved it!

Erika Slaughter said...

If you're a RH fan, you'll love it!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Yes!! You need to read it!

Erika Slaughter said...

:)

Erika Slaughter said...

Us too!! On that one part, I jumped big time, like almost caused a scene. I just wasn't ready for something to pop out!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Yes! I enjoyed it too!

Scavenger Hunt Blog said...

I think I'm going to have to try Teresa's book. I looked on Amazon and it had HORRIBLE reviews. But as a RHW fan....I am going to go for it.!!
I am also liking the Treasure tree. The kids and I are ALWAYS in the car so I try to find books for us to listen to and I think this is a great on.
Thanks for sharing
Lesley McFarland
Www.kltfamily.blogspot.com

kimm atwood said...

Right now I am reading the Guest Room and it's pretty good! I recently just finished Still Missing and it was really good too!!!

Leigh (Balancing By Faith) said...

Ohhhh I had no idea Theresa had a book out - I will need to check that out for sure!!

JJaz said...

Loved Zootopia and Fuller House! I also love DJ and Steve, but found myself rooting for DJ's coworker! In from the Bay Area (Ca) so I enjoyed all the San Francisco references! I died laughing on the episode where Steph got Danny the blazer made out of the couch material 😂😂😂😂👍🏻

Raven said...

Just finished I Said Yes by Emily Maynard... Such an easy read and so interesting if you're a fan of The Bachelor shows! Also pretty cool how she shares her testimony in it.. Would definitely recommend :)

Sarah Shaneyfelt said...

I had been thinking about getting Teresa's book, so I'm glad you liked it! I just finished Kristin Cavallari's book Balancing in Heels and it was great! I loved her chapter on healthy eating the best, and she gave great recipes. I need to read an Elin H book since you and Shay love them!
Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

Melanie Smith said...

Just finished reading Troublemaker by Leah Remini. Soo good. Couldn't put it down. In the middle of Winter's Garden by Kristen Hannah. This is my mom's all-time fave book!

Watching Greys Anatomy. I started the series on Netflix months ago, and still on it. Season 9 now. Whew!

Katie {The Mishaps & Mayhem of a Solitary Life} said...

Love these posts!! I am def going to get Teresa's book...and Anchored!! YAY for Fuller House! Can't wait for Season 2!!!

Britni Alexis said...

I love these posts! I'm such a TV junkie! We are Walking Dead fans, and I've been a Criminal Minds fan forever. Recently we got into Quantico...definitely check it out if you're looking for a new show. And TGIT...Grey's, How to Get Away with Murder...those are a favorite for sure! :) I'm working on my reading to TV ratio. Ha!

Olivia said...

I need to take Beckham to see that movie! I bet he'd love it!

Chasity Munn said...

Going to add these to my Amazon list!!!
You should read Last Letter to Your Lover. It looks thick but it goes fast. If you loved Summerland, you will love it, I promise!!

www.hautemommyblog.com