Monday, March 21, 2016

You Asked...Disney Cruise Edition

When you guys ask, I answer.  :)

I must add this is my very last Disney Cruise post!!  Bear with me if you're over it.  #lastoneipromise


We recently got back from a Disney Cruise and I shared it all here...

You can check out all of Shay's recaps here...

I tried to answer questions as they came in, but I thought if someone was asking, probably a few other people were wondering the same thing.  Here's a little Q and A-Disney cruise style.  :)


I got asked about these clothes/swim suits....
Coral Dress/Polka Dot Swimsuit/ Floral Dress/Matching Swimsuits (Someone asked about this and I said, "Gap Outlet", but I messed up...they're from the Gymboree Outlet.  Usually Gymboree has a matching option for boys/girls.  The link goes to Gymboree suits./Bikini Similar Option

Did you guys take a stroller or rent one on ship?
We each took a stroller.  When you're walking through the airport quickly, it's just easier on those little legs to hop in the stroller.  We didn't use them often, but I was glad we had it.

Where did you get the leopard shorts?
Shorts are here.
Bag is here.

What did your kids do on the flight?
We packed the boys' I-pads for them to play games or watch movies on the flight.  That kept them entertained the entire time.  Ebby Lee has a Kindle Fire and she did the same thing.  Played games and watched a movie.  The flight from Dallas to Tampa (where we flew into) is quick so it wasn't a big deal.

How far in advance did we plan our cruise?
One HOT, HOT day watching tennis camp last summer-Shay and I planned our vacation.  We booked in July for our cruise the following spring.

Where'd you get this top?
It's actually a romper and you can find it here.  I thought it looked very beach-y. :)

Any other recommendations??
I'd DEFINITELY recommend a Disney cruise WITH friends!  My children had double the fun getting to share all this excitement with friends.  And they always had someone to play with-it was awesome!  It was also super safe.  I was never once nervous about my kids being on a cruise ship.

Animator's Palate...
On the Disney Magic there are three dining rooms...Animator's Palate, Carioca's, and Lumiere's.

Animator's Palate is the one pictured above that I explained it detail a bit last week.

Carioca's is a Brazilian-themed establishment.  Think bright lanterns and pretty murals on the wall.  We were in this room both night two and night three.  Night three was Pirate Night so there was a little show for that occasion, but I'm sure it was the same in each dining room.

Lumiere's has a French-inspired menu (hello, French onion soup!) and appeared to be the most luxurious of the three.  It happened to fall on our last night, which helped us go out with a bang!

Where'd you get that top with patterns?
This is the top I think they're referring to, but it's actually a bikini top.  I just mix and matched bikini bottoms with it, but I like it because with chasing kids at the pool-nothing's falling out of this top. :)

And the sunglasses are here.  I stocked up before leaving because I tend to misplace sunglasses frequently.  #hotrandommess  And I love these because they're only $12!

What luggage did you take for yourself/kids?
Let me be quick to say that we've traveled with our kids but not near as much as Shay has traveled with hers.  So we conversed a lot about what to take/pack for this trip. With that said, I let the kids each take a backpack with a blanket, stuffed animal, and a couple books.  They were super light so the kids wore them through the airport and you could easily squash them under the seats or in the overhead storage of the plane.  When we head to the beach, I let them pack a bag of toys each because we're at the beach house and they need something to play with in their spare time.  On the cruise we knew we wouldn't have much down time so they didn't need toys.  

How does the Disney Cruise compare to Disney World?
To this question, I would say they are two very different vacations.  Disney World is theme parks, water parks, and resorts where you're riding roller coasters, seeing shows, and taking in all the Disney magic.  A Disney Cruise is more a crazy nice, entertaining cruise with Disney magic thrown in. I hope that makes sense!  ha!  Let's be honest, with Disney you can't go wrong!

Remember to e-mail Shay mixandmatchtravel@yahoo.com if you're interested in some assistance planning a Disney vacation.

Thanks so much for reading about our Disney Cruise vacation!!  XOXO

22 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

So many good questions and GREAT answers!!! And now, I'm sad. It's Monday morning and I'd rather be on the Magic than getting my kids ready for school (insert big sobs here).

Narci said...

Aw!! What a fun trip!! I loved all of the recap posts and all of the answers today!! Also, that last bikini top is darling on you!! :) xo

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

You were looking super cute the whole time, Mama!!!! And kudos to you for being swimsuit ready in March. I'm going to go ahead and take a couple additional months to get there. ;)

Chasity Munn said...

Thanks for answering these! Would you suggest a stroller for the SHIP? We're in Houston and will be sailing from Galveston so no airport for us, but our baby will be 6 months old. Just wondering if it would be cumbersome or if we would actually use it. Thanks!!

www.hautemommyblog.com

Amanda Brezgel said...

You're adorable! Love all your outfits and that tankini top is so pretty! Thanks for sharing the links. Glad you all had fun!

kimm atwood said...

What a great informative post

Alis said...

Thanks for all the Disney Cruise posts! If you've got time for one more question, I'd love to know what you think is the ideal age for kids to go and enjoy this type of a vacation :)

Angela Ellingson said...

So not over it! I was living vicariously through you ladies and your adorable families! Love the insider info! ;)

KVC said...

Love the "You Asked" edition. Q&A format is fun. I really enjoyed all your Disney Cruise posts. I'm a new reader and I like your blog!

Kara said...

Love that bikini top from target. I'm already going there today! Love all these answers because most of these questions I had myself!

Erika Slaughter said...

Me too!!!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!

Erika Slaughter said...

Hahaha! That is not usually the case but I knew in advance. :)

Erika Slaughter said...

I would not recommend a big stroller-definitely an umbrella. We used ours only at the airport and one port because we knew you had to walk a while. I'd definitely take one if I had a six month old. :)

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thanks, Kimm!

Erika Slaughter said...

I think it all depends on your family. My kids were at great ages. At the pool, I wasn't holding anybody or stressed about that. But they still thought the characters were way fun. If they were older, they might not be as in to the characters but then they could participate in other things like the bigger water slide on the ship, zip lining at a port, etc. There are definitely things to do for all ages. :)

Erika Slaughter said...

Thanks, Angela!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!! Oh good!!

Julie Connelly said...

First of all, I have been LOVING all your Disney posts!!! My family went to WDW for the first time last June & we are HOOKED!! HAHAHA!! I have one more ques...what all is included w/ the cruise?? Food, drinks, etc?? We have never been on a cruise, but we are dying to go on a Disney cruise :) Thank you so much for all of your info!!!!!

lacynsteve said...

Great info! We are cruising in August...curious if anyone if your group felt seasick at all? Also, wondering if you had any room location tips? Thanks!! : )