Friday, April 1, 2016

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!!  Whew!  I've had such a great week.  Tab and I were in Deer Valley, a skiing resort  in Park City, Utah, on a little work trip where they pull out ALL the stops.  Today it's back to mom life for me.  I'm catching up on a bit by sharing some favorites.

I'm joining my girls, Andrea and Narci, to share!

This past weekend our church had a fabulous event for the community, an Easter Eggstravaganza.  Think bounce houses, petting zoos, and a little walk through version of the Easter story.  It's a GREAT event!

The very best part of the story.  :)

It has taken this girl YEARS to conquer the petting zoo.  I think it's safe to say she finally got there.  

See what I mean?

 Then it was time for the EGG HUNT!  This picture cracks me up.  Bowen was clearly determined.
Tab and I were scheduled to leave on Easter Sunday and due to some family emergencies my mom had to fly in on Saturday to babysit.  I left in the middle of the hunt to head to the airport to pick her up.  I asked Tab if the egg hunt got crazy...
I think this kind of sums it up, right?  HA!

 After picking up T-Nonnie (my mom) we met the rest of the crew out for dinner.

Sunday morning we sent these four off to church while we headed out to Park City, Utah.

The best I got.  :)

 They had Easter brunch at McDonald's.  

Tuesday was my mom's birthday.  The kids and I bought plates, birthday donuts, and candles to make sure they got to celebrate with her before school.  They were SO pumped about this.  I made sure to give my mom a little heads-up so they wouldn't forget.  She snapped this picture to let me know they remembered.  

I stumbled across this picture of these cuties at preschool this week.  They were digging for letters.

We're SO thankful for my mom being able to come down and babysit!!  The kiddos had the BEST week!  Thank you, T-Nonnie!

 Don't forget friends....
Shay and I have a new monthly link-up where you share THREE THINGS you would take if you were stranded on a deserted island.  Here's the line-up...

The first one is coming up!

Come back Monday, when I'm recapping our Deer Valley trip!  It was a great one!  And make sure you're following along on Instagram.  (slaughteren) I am headed out on a FUN getaway on Monday and I can't WAIT!!  You guys won't want to miss it!

Have a great weekend!!  XOXO


Regine Karpel said...

So cute.

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

So glad y'all had a little getaway, and so glad y'all are back!!!! Love the pics of the kids on Easter morning!

Mix and Match Mama said...

Oh my goodness! How sweet that they celebrated your mom's birthday! That's just precious!!

kimm atwood said...

Love the kids Easter brunch! Enjoy your weekend !

Narci said...

Cute, cute pictures of your sweeties on Easter morning!! Love!!

Simply A Rough Draft said...

That Easter egg hunt is the kind of thing I have nightmares about. I'm the parent that is constantly looking for my kid! I would have to put my son in a neon yellow shirt to go to something like that, just so I could spot him easily! Ha!!
I bet your Mom loved spending her birthday with those little sweeties. Have a great weekend!

Megan said...

Love that your kiddos celebrated your mom's bday! So sweet!! And I spent several hours during Staar testing brainstorming my ideas for the stranded series. Ha!!

Chasity Munn said...

Oh wow, your egg hunt was pure madness! Loving the McD's "brunch" too. :D

Lisa said...

T-Nonnie's are the best!!! What a cute name! I'm always throwing out names for possible use when the day comes that I get to be a grandmother and my kids think I'm insane. (they're almost 21 & 18)

LOVE that they had Easter brunch at Micky D's...nothing says Easter like a chicken mcnugget ;)

I love your blog! Such a precious family♥

poul-techno said...

Great post!

Useful information worthy of thanks ,

SuellenLong said...

I have to ask...where did your Mom get her leopard print sandals (in the picture before church)? CUte!