Friday, April 29, 2016

Friday Favorites

WAHOO for the weekend!  My allergies have been kicking my tail all week, so I'm looking forward to some down time this weekend.

Just like every Friday, Narci, Andrea, and I are blogging some FAVORITES and sharing them.  We'd love for you to join us by grabbing our graphic, linking back, and then adding your blog to the link-up.

We ran into friends at the ball field.  Peyton's dad played football with Tab in college and we love their little family.  Friday nights at the ball field are my FAVORITE!  This season our advanced tee-ball team is GETTING it!  They know which base there's a force out.  They're covering other bases if someone else is fielding.  It's all coming together.  It seems like just yesterday we were watching them hit off the tee, and run.  Some ran to first.  Others ran to third.  They didn't know what was happening, so this year it's been SO fun to watch!

A couple weekends ago I shared that we met one of my roommates from college and her family for dinner.  Just yesterday, I found this AMAZING video Project Zero made about their little family.  You guys have got to watch!  You should maybe grab a Kleenex or two.  :)  It's a FAVORITE, for sure!  I linked to their Facebook page, but scroll down to the Blankenship Family if it doesn't automatically pop up.

 Saturday night we found ourselves at the Mavs' game.

(This was a little blurry and it does something to your eyes if I make it any bigger.)
We had one extra ticket and were planning on Nixon going with us.  But...he has the biggest crush on our sweet high school babysitter AND he heard I'd ordered Domino's for them so he decided he wanted to stay.  Ebby Lee jumped at the chance to go.  That girl knows nothing about baseball, but take her to a basketball game and she will WATCH THE ENTIRE GAME!

 Getting alone time with one child is rare in our house and something we have to make happen.  But when it's a FAVORITE for us all!

 When the game was over, she took full advantage of that extra space.  Please note her t-shirt.  There was one on each seat because it was a playoff game.  Before the game started, the camera (on the jumbotron) was scanning the crowd and when they found someone who didn't have the shirt on they'd zoom in on them and say things like, "We're waiting".  UNTIL...they finally put the shirt on.  I think deep down Ebby Lee was petrified of that happening to her so she grabbed a shirt and threw it on ASAP!  haha!  #shegetsitfromhermama

I asked yesterday and YOU guys answered!!  Thank YOU to everyone who took a couple minutes to answer my poll.  I must tell you that you guys had some fabulous blog topic ideas.  I'm going to do my best to use as many ideas as I can.  I have to add that MANY of you chose posts as your favorites that others chose as their non-favorites.  Yes, so if you see a post and you think, "I told her I HATE these posts".  Well, please know that someone else said that they loved them.  Hope that makes sense!  And I'll try to keep the blog full of variety so you're not thinking, "UGH" very often.  :)

 These boys are crazy!  Smith was over on Monday and they decided to play "baseball" with those teeny tiny bouncy balls plus a tiny baseball bat and a football helmet.  Watching them come up with this plan was a FAVORITE.

What are you doing tomorrow??  If you're in the McKinney area, you should join us!  We'll be shopping while the kids play for a FAVORITE cause!

 I got to spend my Wednesday with this cutie!  Nixon's kindergarten class had a field trip to the Sea Life Aquarium in Grapevine on Wednesday.  

 His little group was so much fun...two girls and two boys who were so well behaved!

 It's always fun having some alone time with this guy.  He keeps me laughing.

We had a great time!  My FAVORITE six-year-old :)

Yesterday at dance, the boys were watching a movie to stay busy while Ebby Lee was tapping.  In the quiet hallway full of adults, Nixon says, "I remember when we watched this movie at The Lice Place!".  Yes, yes he did.  I wanted to crawl under that bench.  Just in case you missed it, check out the lice story here.  One of my FAVORITE memories of a little family vacation.  I'll NEVER forget it, that's for sure.

Hope you guys have a GREAT weekend! 


Mix and Match Mama said...

Going to the aquarium with you this week was one of my favorites too! Loved all of your pictures today friend. Happy Friday!

Regine Karpel said...


Sarah Shaneyfelt said...

The Mavs game looked so fun! So glad y'all got to enjoy some one-on-one time with Ebby Lee!! Have a great weekend!
Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

Narci said...

So sweet! Love those pictures of the aquarium!! And, I am so glad y'all are having so much fun at baseball!! Xoxo

jenna grigsby said...

Thanks to your lice post, I found a lice place near me! I FINALLY went there after trying to rid them myself, I should have gone there 1st 😏 It was sooo awesome. Ps, how gorgeous are you, M and Ebby Lee.

kimm atwood said...

I still remember that lice story! Have a great weekend !!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Yes! It was a good field trip day!

Erika Slaughter said...


Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you! Enjoy your weekend as well!

Erika Slaughter said...

It's definitely my favorite sport to watch!

Erika Slaughter said...

I'm SO glad to hear that it helped someone. Wahoo!! Seriously, so glad you told me that!! :)

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Laughing sooooo hard at Nix and his lice place memory!!!!! Cute pics of y'all at the Mavs game!

Megan said...

I'm laughing so hard at the lice place comment!!!!!!

Kelsey @ The Peacock Roost said...

You all have had lots of fun family time lately :) Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

Katie {The Mishaps & Mayhem of a Solitary Life} said...

What fun stuff!! Ebby Lee at the basketball game is the cutest! Will be watching the Project Zero video after work. Have a great weekend!!

Joella said...

Hi Erika! I was trying to send you an email. Is your email still Thanks!

Jen Arthur said...

I love this link up! I've followed along for awhile but this was my first time linking up! Thanks for hosting such a fun linky party. It looks like you had so much fun family time lately -- that is the best! My son started baseball this year too and we have been having SO much fun cheering his team on at the ball field. Kid sports are the best! Happy weekend!
xo, jen

Stephanie Spring said...

The game looks like so much fun! :)