Friday, May 20, 2016

Friday Favorites

It's Friday!  Whoop!  Whoop!

Tab has been out of town several days this week so Mama is THANKFUL it's Friday!

I'm joining my girls, Narci and Andrea, for our Friday Favorites.  We'd love for you to join us.

Today, I'm sharing some of what we've been up to lately...

I spied two sweet sisters on a chilly Saturday trying to stay warm during their brother's baseball game.

Texas weather right now has me like....HUH?  It was CHILLY on Saturday morning and by the afternoon we were in our swim suits in the backyard.

 My parents were in town this weekend to catch some baseball and visit.

 This cracks me up.

 We got home from church and everyone took their shoes off and THEN I decided we should take some pictures.  Next first.  :)

A fuzzy one...but we all love a good outtake.  I'm pretending to choke Bowen by the way.  #allforthephoto

To celebrate Bruce's birthday, we went to dinner later that night.  Nixon was definitely a fan of all the steak!

Monday was their first day of swim lessons with Mrs. Sally. She's been working with our kiddos each summer since 2011 and she's fabulous! The big kids were stoked and Bowen was nervous.

 But after twenty-five minutes, he was doing this.  :) was apparently a bit sunny. 

Wednesday, I forgot to pack swimsuit bottoms for Ebby Lee.  Thankfully she was wearing a little pair of those Monkey Bar Buddies under her dress and she pretended like they were bottoms.  Whew!

I scored this dress from KenLee Cait this week.  It's a bit hard to tell in the picture, but it's strapless AND it has pockets. 

Leggings are to winter as a maxi dress is to summer.  #canigetanamen

Yesterday this crazies were pumped to get in that water.

It's been cool so Mrs. Sally has been letting them wear these swim caps to keep their heads warm.  Don't they look legit?

These are a few goodies I forgot to add on the blog...

 Ebby Lee lost both her front teeth last week ON THE SAME DAY!  The next day her sweet teacher posted this picture to Instagram and added that "it was tho cute".  ha!

 Bowen Slaughter loves his Ashby big time.

 Tab took the boys to get haircuts a couple weekends ago.  I'm thankful they left with any hair.  You guys have seen Tab, right?  He prefers no hair or EXTREMELY short hair.  Seriously was expecting them to be completely buzzed!

 While the boys were getting cuts, Ebby Lee and I were hanging with these cuties.

Hope you guys enjoy the weekend!  We're counting down the days to SUMMER in the Slaughter House!  XOXO


Jen Arthur said...

That picture of Ebby Lee missing her two front teeth is adorable! And I love the family picture out takes! Those are always the best!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Love that sweet pic of K and EL at the baseball game. They look so dang grown up! And you looked SO CUTE in that maxi! Speaking of maxi, loved your maxi and leggings analogy. SO TRUE!

Narci said...

Oh my goodness! Ebby Lee is THO cute with her missing teeth!! Precious!! :) xoxo

Erika Slaughter said...

Hahaha! I know, right! Happy Friday!

Erika Slaughter said...

I know!! Time SLOW DOWN! And it's so true isn't it??

Erika Slaughter said...

Hahahaha!! :)

Brooke Richardson said...

I have several thoughts :)
1. I can't trust Tyler Taking the kiddos for haircuts, he likes their hair super short too. Lol
2. This Texas weather has got me wondering what season we are in!!???
3. All your kiddos are super cute but I almost didn't recognize them in the swim caps!!!
4. Bowens smile is heart melting. I'm going to miss it on Sunday!!
5. Those teeth tho! Love it!!!!

kimm atwood said...

Ebby Lee looks so grown up sitting with her legs crossed! Have a great weekend

Valerie Cox said...

I love how Ebby Lee has her legs crossed...she looks so grown up! :)

Mother Henn said...

That's the first I've ever heard of "monkey bar buddies", but it sounds like a great idea to me!

Shannon said...

We went in the pool this week too. My kids are super excited for summer and swim lessons! Thanks for hosting the link up. xx-S

Megan said...

Your maxi dress comparision is perfect!!! And this weather is crazy!! I've been wearing a fleece all week!! Happy weekend girl! I hope you sneak in some alone time!!

JessicaC said...

Hello!! Where is Ebby Lee's swimsuit from that has the pink and green flamingo bottoms? Thanks!!

Shelbee On The Edge said...

Great post! Thank you for that little peak at your beautiful family! And Thanks for hosting the linkup!


Goodbyebreadandcheese said...

My hubby was away on business this week too. #tgif This mama is worn out!

Nina said...

I love that adorable first photo of the girls! Super cute! It looks like you all had a great week! And I too and counting down the days until summer!


xoxoo. said...

Hi Erika! You and I look about the same height/size... I need that maxi! What size did you order? Thank you!