Monday, May 9, 2016

Mother's Day Weekend

Here's a little Mother's Day Weekend recap...
Ebby Lee's class had a big Mother's Day celebration Friday morning before school started (so all the moms could attend).  It started at 7:15 and Tab was out of town so we were all up and out of the house before 7:00!  Bowen got to hang with Ashby and Andrew bright and early.

This was seriously the cutest Mother's Day celebration I've attended to date.  Greeting us in the hallway was this Mother's Day bulletin board.  The kids were all holding reasons why they love their moms in the pictures.  Ebby Lee's said, "She cares for me".  

And I put little hearts on all the faces.  I've asked permission for some before and of course, those kiddos were in none of the pictures!  #gofigure

Then the class performed a Reader's Theater to the book "I'll Love you Forever".  I volunteer in Ebby Lee's class once a week and the last two weeks I've been practicing with them.  So the point is-I've heard them read this book A LOT.  But for some reason in front of all the moms, they had me dabbing my eyes!!

This girl is the sweetest.  She has my heart.

These were all the goodies on the table-she drew a portrait of me, the packet was full of information about me, and a few more goodies.

Check out my corsage!

Seriously, those first grade teachers outdid themselves!  The cutest Mother's Day party ever!



I picked up this crazy kid for a little errand running.  I promised him a trip to the train park after just "one more errand".  He was a good camper the entire time.


Tab was supposed to be home late Friday night, but his plans were changed and he surprised us all by getting in early!  Wahoo!  We walked to school to pick up the big kids.  I enjoyed this view for a while after school.


We had a yummy Mexican dinner out at one of our favorite local places with the Shulls on Friday night.  We followed it up with frozen yogurt.  Let's be real, I had approximately an ounce of yogurt with a big scoop of candy on top.  ha!  These girls made sweet Mother's Day notes for their mamas.


 I saw this on Instagram over the weekend and kept laughing.  TRUE!  TRUE!  TRUE!


Saturday morning, we got the day started off right with some Indians' baseball.

We had Fount with us (because his parents were in two different locations) so we decided to grab a bite for lunch before taking him home.

 These two posed for this picture.  #don'tletthemfoolyou

After a trip to the grocery store because #momlife and these kids eat a LOT, I got to enjoy this view for a while.  They were taking a popsicle break and all sharing a chair.



 Date night....we had dinner with friends at Watters Creek.  A night out on the patio with guacamole and good friends is just what we needed.


On Mother's Day M and G joined us at church, we made a pit stop at our house, and then we all had a yummy lunch.  We're so thankful for this lady and how she loves us big.

 These three keep me laughing and on my toes ALL the time.  How blessed I am to be called, "Mom" by these three isn't lost on me.  So thankful to be their mama.

My mom wasn't with us yesterday, but we were there in spirit.  Thanks to nordstrom.com her present got to be with her.  :)  We're so blessed by this mama of mine.  She is amazing and is always there when we need her.  Love you, Mom!



Loved getting to celebrate with these people.  They have my heart.

After lunch, Tab told me I got to have some quiet child-free time, so I got in bed, watched some Netflix, and napped!  It was delightful!


I saw this yesterday and it made me laugh.  :)


Shay and I chatted on Friday about our Mother's Day plans and they were super similar.  Lunch out and then swimming/grilling for dinner.  So we decided to team up and celebrate together.  Check out Nixon's skills.  :)


This Mama friend of mine helps me stay sane in the trenches.  So thankful for friends that are like family.

My little family of mine spoiled me rotten.  I hope you had a wonderful weekend as well!  Happy Monday, Girls!  XOXO

21 comments:

Unknown said...

Save your corsage from Ebby Lee. My friend recently got married and during her rehearsal dinner her Mom and Dad both wore something the bride had made when she was younger (a tissue paper corsage and a tie clip out of a popsicle stick). Those little gifts are priceless.

Mix and Match Mama said...

We have the best little framily :). Friday, Saturday, Sunday...lots of fun with the Slaughters this weekend! xo

Sarah Shaneyfelt said...

So glad you had a great Mother's Day! And I love the quote about Chick-fil-a...it's so true!!! Have a great Monday!
Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

Narci said...

What a fun weekend! So glad you had such a great Mother's Day!! Xoxo

Erika Slaughter said...

That's such a sweet idea. Thank you for sharing!

Erika Slaughter said...

Amen, girl!! Thanks for hanging this weekend!

Erika Slaughter said...

Isn't it? I loved that quote!

Erika Slaughter said...

I hope you did too, Narci!! :)

kimm atwood said...

What a perfect weekend! Happy Monday

Leigh (Balancing By Faith) said...

Happy Mother's Day!! I love that you shared your day with your best friends too - Mother's Day always reminds me how important mommy friends are, we are in the trenches together!!

Shelby said...

What a fun-filled weekend!! Love all of the pics! I have to ask!! Where is your top from Enby Lee's school party on Friday!? I LOVE it!!!

Katie Smith said...

Such a sweet post!!💕

Kristina @ Ms.Modify said...

Aww I love your Mother's Day breakfast at your daughter's school, so sweet! Glad you enjoyed your weekend, you're a great mama! xo, Kristina

Unknown said...

Where is your dress and denim jacket from? So cute!!

Lisa said...

Ok, we used the same cartoon on our blogs today...Love that!
Love that Ebby Lee put you some pretty earrings in your portrait. Way to pay attention to details Miss Ebby Lee������

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

OMG, the psychic in that meme!! I'm dying.

Brooke Richardson said...

Lots of great pics!!! Looks like a perfect weekend!!! We lucked out on the weather Saturday night too!!!

Megan said...

Hahaha!! Chick-fil-a. The best!! Happy Mother's Day friend. Sounds like a great weekend.

Rachel Zimm said...

Looks like such a lovely weekend!!
The photos of you and Ebby Lee are beautiful!

Queen In Between said...

Friends that are like family are the best! Your pool looks amazing. Sounds like the perfect little mother's day!

Jen Arthur said...

Sounds like a great Mother's Day weekend. Those little handmade gifts and cards just MELT your heart! And I love that you were watching Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt! :)
Xo, Jen @ bellenbrooks.com