Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Show and Tell-Personal Style

It's Show and Tell Tuesday, which means I'm linking up with Andrea and telling you all about my PERSONAL STYLE.

If I had to choose one word to describe my style, I'd have the hardest time.  When our realtor came to look at our house last year when we were getting it ready to list, she described my style as "eclectic".  At first I was a little taken aback and surprised but I started thinking more and more about it.  Then I agreed with her!  

I don't like to stick to just one "genre" of clothes when I'm adding new things to my closet and I don't stick to one "genre" when I'm decorating my house.  I like to take my favorites from all genres and make it mine.   

I don't like to only dress "preppy", "sporty", or "classic".  I like to incorporate all of those into my closet.

Here's some proof...

Boho Look:
Blessed Tank:  Exact here.
Jeans:  Exact here.
Sandals:  Exact here.
Necklace:  Exact here.

Dressy Look:
Jacket:  Exact here.
Dress:  Similar here.
Wedges: Exact here.

Classic Look:
Tank:  Exact here.  **GREAT PRICE ALERT** I just ordered this and thought it fit great!  I wore a tank underneath because the slits come up a little high on the side.  (Not weirdly high-I just didn't want my stomach accidentally showing if I raised my arms.)
Jeans:  Exact here.
Sandals:  Exact here.
Necklace:  Exact here.


Skateboarder Look (I didn't know what to call this one!!!):
Jacket:
Camo Pants:  Similar here.
Booties:  Exact here.
Earrings:  Similar here.

Sporty Look:
Top:  Sold out.
Shorts:  Similar here.  My pattern is sold out.

Preppy Look:
Tank:  Exact here.  I LOVE this top!  I wore a black cami underneath and it was perfect.
White Jeans:  These are similar.  Mine are not that destroyed.

Classic Look #2:
Button Up:  Similar here.
Jeans:  Exact here.
House Shoes:  Similar here.
Necklace:  Similar here.


I think it's important to find things YOU like (not just what's popular or trendy) and find things that fit YOUR body type.  That's my little tidbit of advice.  :)

Just for fun I'm including some random pictures of our houses old and new...


It's an eclectic mix, but things that I like, which is what's important, right?

Thanks so much for stopping by today, ladies!  Can't wait to read about all of YOUR personal style.  :)

35 comments:

Sarah Shaneyfelt said...

I'm like you--I like to mix a lot of different styles together! I like to think I'm more classic, but then sometimes I'll wear something trendy or boho, so I'm pretty much all of it mixed together!
Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

You are totally eclectic in how you dress yourself and pull off every type of look with flying colors! In today's post, I think the skateboarder look is my favorite!!!!! You look so cute!

Erika Slaughter said...

I think mixing it up is fun!! Glad you do too!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you, friend!!

Mix and Match Mama said...

Loved every single look! Especially the skateboarder look :). You do you so well!! Loved this post!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!!

Regine Karpel said...

Love.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Narci said...

I love your style--you do change it up a lot, and you always do it so well!! Love you! Xo

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!! XOXO

Mary Woods said...

Hi! Love your style! What tank to you have on under the lush top? Thanks!!

Meagan @ The Clanahan Fam said...

I love your style!! And especially love those camo pants - super cute!

kelly said...

I agree! So adorable in that skateboard look. Boho was very cute too!

Emily Forever After said...

Where is the cardigan/kimono from in the first pic? So cute!

Family American Style. said...

Love the looks.

Leigh (Balancing By Faith) said...

Love each style - you make them all work!!

Deena Simair said...

I would definitely say you are versatile, being able to pull of a bunch of different looks!

Katie Neff said...

I love all your looks! All are equally cute. Where is the jacket from that you wore with the camos? I saw someone at the airport had one on and have been keeping an eye out ever since.

Erika Slaughter said...

I'm wearing a Liz Lange black maternity tank u see the Lush top. :). Not because I'm preggo but because I like the length.

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you! It was from Ken Lee Cait but is sold out.

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!!

Erika Slaughter said...

I got mine from Target but I couldn't find it to link to it. :(

Mollie said...

Can you tell me where the light fixture is from in your dining room? I've been looking for one like that! Thanks!

Erika Slaughter said...

I got mine from Z Gallerie. :)

Katelyn Griffin said...

You look fab in ALL of your looks :) thanks for sharing!

Elizabeth Price said...

Not sure my earlier comment published but under your brown wedges (dressy look) it says "exact here" but the link isn't up correctly. Can you tell me where you got them? I apologize if you saw this and commented already--I can't seem to find it :)

Erika Slaughter said...

I'm so sorry! I just fixed it. Thanks for letting me know. :)

V @ X-tremely V said...

I always love to see the outfit combos you come up with because they are always different :) And that skateboarder love is my favorite :)

Renee Hester said...

How did you hang your family portrait above the fireplace on the rock wall? We have the same kind of wall as was wondering what you used. Nail, 3m hanger?

Mollie Shutt said...

I'm like you to! I mix it up and add what I think is in style! I also decorate my house very similiar.:)

Stephanie Spring said...

I love that chandelier in your dining room! It's gorgeous! :)

Elizabeth Price said...

Thank you!! They are adorable!! :)

Jen Arthur said...

Eclectic! That is a great word! I have always had a hard time defining my style for the same reason, now I have a word for it! You totally rock all those styles!
Xo, jen@ bellenbrooks.com