Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Stranded-Three Books

I've been anxiously awaiting this post since last month!  Remember last month?  I think I proved I'd NEVER survive on a deserted island for more than a day.  :)

Shay and I are STRANDED on an island again and we'd love for you to join us!  Today, we're sharing the THREE BOOKS we'd bring. Some of you are thinking about what book is the largest so you'll have lots of pages to help start a fire-I'm not thinking like that.  :)

Also-if this was FOR REAL, I'd take my Bible, photo albums of my family, etc...but this is just fun so those aren't included in my list.

These are the three books I'd take-hands down...


This is hands-down my favorite book ever.  If you've never read it, I HIGHLY recommend it.  It's been years since I've read it, but nothing has topped it yet.



I found myself staying up way too late and reading any chance I could get.  This book was such a great read.  I think reading it would help me give myself some extra grace if my grass hut isn't always spotless.  :)



If I had to choose one fiction book that I'd name as my favorite-it'd be this one.  This novel was so good!  It was the kind of book I was still thinking about days later.


A few of my other recent faves...

And this was a great one too!

I could just keep going!!  ha!  But I won't.  :)

What THREE BOOKS would YOU take?  Can't wait to get some new ideas!  Join us next month when we share what THREE NETFLIX SERIES we'd take with us on the island.


Happy Wednesday!  XOXO


20 comments:

Sally Hepworth said...

Aww. The Secrets of Midwives! Ps. The Help is my all time favorite books. I'd also take Pretty Baby by Mary Kubica and anything by Liane Moriarty. You know what, this deserted island suddenly doesn't seem so bad...

Loren Lately said...

The Help was such an awesome book!!!!

Mix and Match Mama said...

The Help is just so good! And so is any Jen Hatmaker book :). Loved your picks this month friend!

Regine Karpel said...

Love.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

MEHAFFEY MOMENTS said...

Loved your picks! I have not read The Help before but I think that is going to be next on the list!!!

Laura said...

I love Summerland!! Her book Castaways is kind of similar.

kimm atwood said...

I was all about survival...a guide to surviving on a stranded island, a cookbook for wild game and a word search. Lol

Narci said...

Oh, I love all 3 of your picks, friend!! All amazing books!! Xoxo

Katelyn Griffin said...

Girl, we love the same books! I'm reading "For the love" right now and can't put it down! Gone girl and the help are two of my favs, too! I'll need to read "A different kind of me"
Thanks for hosting this fun link up!

Www.keepingupwithkategriff.blogspot.com

Raven said...

I have read your top 3 books and they are all definitely on the top of my fave list!!!! And gone girl.. So crazy but so good!

www.tryingtokeepupwiththejones.wordpress.com

Alyssa Lamphear said...

The help will forever be my favorite books! Great choices!!

Amy J said...

It has been out for a while, but add the Wednesday Letters to your list if you haven't read it yet. I've read it 3 or 4 times already and plan to read it again soon!

Brooke Richardson said...

I so wish I was a reader!!! I know it's in my power to change that, lol!!! What am I waiting for?? Maybe I'll try one of your recommendations!!!! These all look great!

Lisa Longoria said...

Loved The Help too. It was so hard to pick just 3!

KRISTIN TATE said...

I ordered For the Love and it shows that it will arrive tomorrow. I can't wait to read it! I read the reviews on Amazon and it was a must have.

Laura said...

Aw man! I didn't even think about The Help! What is WITH my southern self?!

live compassionately said...

If you have not read Under the Overpass, I HIGHLY recommend it! I've read it at least 3 times and never get tired of it!

Katie {The Mishaps & Mayhem of a Solitary Life} said...

Love this!! I need to link up! Had never heard of your top pick!! Off to look it up! The the Love is on my Summer Reading List!! Loved the help too!! Wonder is my favorite book ever!!

Jen Arthur said...

All of your books sound really great. I cannot believe I still haven't read The Help! Seriously... (shakes head in shame) I love those books that just stay with you and you keep thinking about them for days or weeks on end. I think if you're stranded on a deserted island, having something else to think about would be so important! Oh, and I didn't even think about using book pages as fire starter! Genuis. (this is why I would die on an island by myself!)
Fun link up!
xo, jen @ bellenbrooks

Gavan said...

I've followed you for a while (because of Shay) but don't think I've ever commented so hello first of all! Just wanted to agree with Same Kind of Different as Me is hands down my favorite book. It's been several years since I've read it too but it's #1. And I'm reading For the Love right now! Have a great weekend!
-Melody Byrd