Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Memorial Day Weekend

What a weekend we had!  Why can't every weekend be four days?  Right?
My girlfriends and I got the party started on Thursday night.  We had decided to celebrate Manda's birthday at a restaurant-her pick, but she had no clue we were showing up in a limo.  She was shocked!

We had dinner at Mash'd in Frisco.  You should totally try it if you're local.  Andrea's eyes are closed and I'm undressing myself!  ha!  But the rest of the group looked great!

Loved getting to celebrate such a special friend!


We just had a crazy fun night!  These girls are so uplifting, encouraging, and always down for a good time.  Throw in a birthday celebration AND a limo-even more fun!

What does every group of girls do on Girl's Night when they have a limo and some extra time? 

Go visit another girlfriend and her new baby of course!  :)  Let's all take a moment to look at Jeni.  She just had a baby about six hours before this picture and she looks AMAZING!

Things got crazy in the elevator.  haha!

Seriously, a fabulous night celebrating Manda and her special day.

Friday afternoon (when the rain finally stopped) I took this crazy and his brother and sister to the pool.  We swam all afternoon, had dinner, and swam some more.


I think Bowen was enjoying his ice cream.


This picture is horrible, but Friday night we all piled in my bed and watched Parent Trap (the original-with Hayley Mills).  I didn't realize how excited I was about watching it until it got started.  I LOVE that movie.  And if you're on the lookout for a good family-friendly one, you should try it!

Saturday night we kept the fun going.  Our neighborhood has a party and we invited some friends to join us.

Karla and Manda

There was a fun band.  The weather was perfect (except the humidity-keep watching the downfall of my hair...ha!) and the scenery was beautiful.

Lots of fun with these ladies. :)



I snuck away for a picture with this guy.  

We absolutely love our neighbors.  We've gotten to know the family directly across the street from us the most and LOVE them!  Saturday was Manda's actual birthday, so we thought we'd have the band sing, "Happy Birthday".  Oh my!  This band was fabulous!  But they do birthdays a special way.  Manda was such a trooper!  We quickly joined Manda so she wasn't the only one dancing up on the stage.  

Fun night with these friends. :)

Sunday after church we all enjoyed the most GLORIOUS naps.  

We'd planned on walking over to this charity concert, but it was raining.  We hung out at the house and waited out the rain.  As soon as it stopped, we headed to the music.


We met up with some friends, listened to Frankie Ballard for a bit, and enjoyed the nice weather.

I walked these boys up closer to the stage to get a better look.  This is what they thought about it.

We ended the night with fireworks by the water.

We spent Monday being lazy, swimming all afternoon, and grilling out for dinner.

Hope you had a great weekend as well!





17 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

I want our weekend back! Andrew and I did not want to go into Tuesday morning...because the four days before were just so much fun!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

You had such a great weekend! All of the pics were great, but that picture of Manda and Karla is PRECIOUS!

kimm atwood said...

What a fun weekend

The Cold Coffee Blog said...

What a fun weekend! Miss you girls!

Heather Bramlett said...

Such a Fun weekend!! Long Weekends are the BEST!

Heather
www.myglitteryheart.blogspot.com

kelly said...

Wow! What fun!

crazymom said...

I just love your blog. It always makes me smile. You have such a cute little family and do such great things with them!

Sarah Shaneyfelt said...

I love that your weekend was so jam-packed with friends! How special!
Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

Elaine Welte said...

Such a perfect start to the summer!

Kristina @ Ms.Modify said...

What a great weekend! You girls always seem to have so much fun!

Ramona said...

I want to live in your neighborhood! What a fun amazing weekend. And I never saw any negative effects on your hair. It always looks great!

Megan said...

Mash'd is soooo good!! And looks like you had a fabulous weekend!!

Emily at 'a little bit of Emily' said...

I love the original parent trap! One of my favorites! What a fun weekend with lots of family and friend time.

brookerichardson said...

Loved all these pics!!!! I was hoping the concert didn't get rained out! I'm glad y'all enjoyed it!!! What a great long weekend!

Simply A Rough Draft said...

I've seen Mash'd a million times and wondered what it was; I'm glad to hear a good review of it. I'm glad you guys had such a good, long weekend!

Queen In Between said...

REally great picture of you and your honey! Looks like you have been enjoying life! Loving all your outfits. :)

Shelly||The Queen in Between

Amber Perona said...

Love your Memorial Day BBQ outfit! Will you share where it's from? :)