Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Stranded With...

 WAHOO!!  Shay and I are STRANDED!!  We're on a deserted island and can only take THREE Netflix series.  I'm sharing my favorites with you and cannot WAIT to read yours.  #netflixismyjam

One of my favorite things ever is Netflix.  I'd like to send the creator a thank-you note.  Because I'm thankful.  :)

Seriously!  Thank you to the Netflix creator.  Right, girls?


Okay, time to get down to business.  If I got to take THREE Netflix series with me, these would be my top picks...

#1 Parenthood

This is by far my favorite Netflix series EVER!  I LOVED those Bravermans.  I'm talking cried with them, cheered with them, and felt their pain.  #iwantedtobeabraverman  I got SO into all those story lines.  If you haven't watched Parenthood yet, STOP what you're doing and go watch.  :)  It's THAT good!

I shared my love of Parenthood here.


#2 Gilmore Girls

If I'm not living in Berkeley and my last name isn't Braverman, then my back up plan is to live in Stars Hollow.  Where it's always fall and we drink warm drinks ALL year long.  :)

I started a two part series about Gilmore Girls but completely forgot about blogging the second part.  #oops  You can read part one here.



#3 Friday Night Lights

I watched this series as it was airing on NBC, but if I hadn't-you better believe I'd have watched on Netflix.  Friday Night Lights was just good!  I loved the story lines, the teen drama, and living in Texas-you know we loved the football woven into it all.  :)


Some other series I've watched on Netflix...
Fuller House
I shared all kinds of thoughts about it here.

Breaking Bad
This was SO good!  I just would be too scared to watch on a deserted island so I didn't bring this one with me.  :)  Tab and I watched this series together and LOVED it!

Hart of Dixie
This show cannot compete with the others, but it's a series on Netflix so I'm including it.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
This show is ridiculous.  I repeat.  This show is ridiculous, but now I feel like I must push on until I finish.  #iknowitsridiculous  I read on Big Mama's blog that she was watching so I thought I'd give it a try.  I'm telling you...it's ridiculous, but I'm hooked and will have to finish.

I cannot WAIT to see what you guys will take! 

Join us next month when we share the THREE FAMOUS PEOPLE we'd take on the island with us. It'll be fun!


41 comments:

Caitlin Williams said...

I love heart of Dixie! It was such a fun show! My football lovin' heart couldn't get enough of Friday Night Lights :) On the link-up, my first one came up with a weird picture ( # 6) I don't know if you have the availability to delete links, but feel free too on that one :) Sometimes these computers have a mind of their own :(

The Queen said...

Well, we should be on our deserted island together bc there would be no fighting over the random tv we apparently have!!! And yes, stick with Kimmy if only to see what random things Titus is doing!!!

Johannah said...

Love your choices!! I blogged that I have never seen Friday Night Lights, but I put it on my list only because I know I would love it and I need to watch is very soon!! Thanks for hosting a fun link up! =)

Liz F. said...

Great picks. I totally forgot about Friday Night Lights, such a great show and so optimistic and uplifting, perfect for a deserted island :) Liz @ familyoffoley.wordpress.com

Stephanie Spring said...

I get so giddy at the sound of Stars Hollow. ;) Love!

Marla Slaughter said...

If you like Friday Night Lights then you will love seeing Kyle Chandler in Bloodline!! Also we enjoy House of Cards and a Man in the High Castle! None of these are for children but I don't think you'll have them with you on this island!!

Narci said...

Love, love, love! Now, I'm wishing I had all day to sit and rewatch some of these shows!! Great link up, girl! Xo

Mix and Match Mama said...

Okay, love Parenthood! Great choice!! Now, is it strange that I lost interest in Friday Night Lights? I quit after four seasons? Is that weird? Also, I started both Kimmy and Dixie but I need to finish them! That Kimmy show was crazy weird and hysterical!

Sarah Shaneyfelt said...

My husband and I are 8 episodes into FNL right now and we love it! I cannot wait to finish it!
Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

Katelyn Magerko said...

Loved Hart of Dixie and wish it was still on and you MUST add One Tree Hill!

Erika Slaughter said...

I just deleted it. :). Computers can do crazy things.

Erika Slaughter said...

It'd be perfect!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Girl, you need to watch!

Erika Slaughter said...

Yes!! It's a good one!

Erika Slaughter said...

Haha! Me too! The town just sounds cozy!

Erika Slaughter said...

I need to try Bloodline!! I don't think kids will be there or I should have picked Inspector Gadget. :)

Erika Slaughter said...

Me too!!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Yes!! Why'd you quit Friday Night Lights??

Erika Slaughter said...

It's a great show!

Erika Slaughter said...

Oh, I'll give it a try! Thank u!!

brookerichardson said...

Shay!!! Oh my gosh you have to finish FNL!!!!

Meagan Ruse said...

Oh Erika! Good choices! You've just made me want to watch Parenthood again!

brookerichardson said...

Parenthood and Friday Night Lights!!! I was borderline depressed when they ended. Especially Parenthood, I could watch over and over.

Jackie Belin said...

Parenthood all.the.way!! And I'm intrigued by unbreakable....guess I need to watch! Thanks for hosting!

Erika Slaughter said...

Me too!! Let's watch together!

Erika Slaughter said...

I agree-both so good!

Erika Slaughter said...

It's ridiculous. Seriously, lower all expectations. :)

Brittany Jackson said...

You're three choices are the exact choices I had.

Also, I don't know if you have the Uptv channel but Gossip Girl and Parenthood are being shown on that channel. It's a great channel for family friendly tv.

Lisa said...

Gilmore Girls and Friday Night Lights are a hit with a lot of us!!! Parenthood...I think that's one I'm going to have to try. You're not the first person I've heard sing its praises. You might try One Tree Hill when you're ready for a new series ;)
Happy Wednesday Erika!!!

Alex T said...

Parenthood is one of the best shows to EVER be on TV. I miss it so much. I am currently watching Friday Night Lights!

Mel said...

I love your blog! I would definitely do The West Wing, Gilmore Girls, and Friends!

Eryn Morel said...

Parenthood for the win! I still miss that show!

Genevieve Hughes Graham said...

Now I feel like I have to watch Parenthood! :) This idea was so great and creative... I laughed so hard creating my post and narrowing down choices! thanks for allowing me to be included!

Kristina @ Ms.Modify said...

OMG! I totally forgot to do this post... but I would have picked the exact same 3 shows you did! I wish Felicity would be added to Netflix bc that's another favorite of mine! xo, Kristina

Jessie Tolton said...

Parenthood and Friday Night Lights are hands down the best shows EVER! I actually started watching bloodline and Nashville because I was having FNL withdrawals and needed to see some familiar faces...lol

Cassi Jo said...

I'm obsessed with Hart of Dixie - hahaha. I just found it a month ago on netflix when I was sick in bed and had watched everything else. I've now watched the entire series 4 times through. My husband said he needs a break from Dr. Zoey Hart for a while, LOL.

Melanie Smith said...

I loved Hart of Dixie and watched it on real tv. Was so sad when it ended.

I didn't include Gilmore Girls or FNL, but LOVE both of them too. This list was just so hard.

Kelli @ A Deeper Joy said...

I'm obsessed with Hart of Dixie right now! Love that I can binge watch it! :) And I totally agree with Friday Night Lights and Parenthood.

Debbie said...

Your three favorites are my three favorites! I hated for them to end - so depressing! HA!

Megan said...

I love all your picks!!!!

Angela Pino said...

I love all your picks! If I can't be a Braverman I'll take being a Gilmore! I can't wait for the relaunch. :)