Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Show and Tell-Home Tour

Hey!  Hey!  It's Show and Tell Tuesday around here.  I'm joining Andrea to share my HOME TOUR!

If you're new to the blog, we moved into our house about a year ago.  We loved the bones of this 1998 home, the area, the neighborhood, and I could go on.  :)  But...we do have LISTS of things we eventually want to do to the house.  One problem-I haven't found that money tree just yet.  If you stumble upon it, please let me know.  So with that said, we're doing projects one step (or room) at a time.

 I was looking back at my house tour last year and things are looking WAY different.  You should start here.  Trust me...it'll help you see the progress.  :)  Sometimes I feel like we haven't done much, but looking back at that blog post really helped!

 These were some pictures of the place before we got our hands on it.  Front room, kitchen, master bedroom, office, and playroom (Clockwise).

This was our front room last year around Halloween.  We'd gotten a few new pieces and were about to start the fireplace renovation. 

And this is the place now...

That canvas on the mantle is just a place holder for now.  I ordered something back in the spring and it has been on back-order.  We still need a new light fixture, shutters, AND furniture.  We bought two leather chairs for this room and I loved them in here.  Until we moved them in the living room and they found their forever home.  So now we're on the hunt for chairs again.  

Rug-HERE

Doesn't that fireplace look WAY better?  I love how it turned out!  I can't wait to show you the final results.  Hopefully soon! #fingerscrossed

I wasn't sure what was better...blinds open or closed...so you're getting both.  :)  I ordered this neutral leopard rug for the front room THREE times-different sizes, different colors, etc. and could not make it work in that room.  But I LOVED the rug and couldn't part with it.  I put it in my office and it works!

Rug-HERE

We converted our old entertainment center into office furniture.  Since it's in the front of the house I wanted it to "flow" with the rest of the color scheme, but I tried my best to add things near and dear to my heart.  

Do you guys have a piece of furniture that you LOVED and just had to have?  This entertainment center would be my piece like that.



I shared our dining room makeover here.  In case you missed it, this is what the dining room looked like before we moved in...

We made it look a little more like "us".  I think the dining room is one room that you can be a little "funky" in and I did just that.

It's a little more modern than the rest of the house, but I think it makes it fun.

These cute faces are in the hallway.

With the help of my cousin, Whitney, I fell in love with this longhorn canvas and am doing something a little funky in the powder bathroom as well.  Can't wait to share it all with you!


Living room...we're still finishing up the shelves with goodies, but other than that-this room is almost finished.

Oh, and new shutters are going down in this room too.  #eventually

Those two leather chairs were in the front room.  #forahotminute






I'm going to end the tour right here.  #becausenootherroomshavebeendone

On our to-do list...
*Our new front door is being installed in just a couple weeks-I CANNOT WAIT!  You can see the front door in the picture above.  They're removing the sidelights, door, and the window above the door, and replacing it with double metal doors.
*Light fixtures in powder bathroom and front room.
*A couple last minute things to powder bathroom.
*Furniture for front room.
*Plantation shutters throughout the downstairs.

If you've missed any Show and Tell posts from the past, check them out here...

Show and Tell Posts from 2015:

Thanks for stopping by today!

33 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

It's hard to believe you've only lived there a year because I feel like you've done so much already! Your house is gorgeous! I love every detail both old and new.

Beth said...

I love your home! Would you mind sharing the name of the paint color in your dining room? Thanks!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Eek! I meant to add to the post before I published. Let me search the garage :)

clan mcmillen said...

Your home is so beautiful! I love the paint color in your living room. I tried searching the comments in your previous post but didn't see it. Would you mind sharing?

Erika Slaughter said...

Yes ma'am!! I'll look for it in the garage as well. :)

Narci said...

Your home is beautiful friend!! I love that dining room so much--so cozy!!

Stephanie Spring said...

That white deer head is my fav! Gorgeous!

Brooke Richardson said...

Those are some major transformations!!! Love that new fireplace and all the changes you made!!! I have to ask what's the main wall color?? I really really like it!!!

ld said...

Love your home and that you're slowly making it yours! We are embarking on a new (to us) home journey and it seems like it should be done now but alas that money tree hasn't found me either!

Meagan @ The Clanahan Fam said...

Love, love, love! And can I say I am a little envious of the gorgeous chairs and sofa in your living room? Those would last approximately 4 minutes around here with our massive dog and 2 kids who think the couch is a gymnastics floor ;)

Marla Slaughter said...

Girl, you know I love everything! I'm on the hunt for something different, fabulous, and awesome for that front room! I'll send you pics if I score the "perfect" set of chairs!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

That fireplace transformation is impressive! Love a cozy space! Everything already looks great, but I'm excited to see how you continue to transform the space!

Kelsey @ The Peacock Roost said...

Everything is looking so good! You're doing a good job. Can't wait to see the powder room!
Kelsey
www.thepeacockroost.com

Amanda said...

Love all the changes you made to your home! Would you mind sharing what type of wood floors you have? Thank you!

Genevieve Hughes Graham said...

I LOVE your home!! The additions and changes you have made to it have transformed it! Any chance you will share where your living room throw pillows are from (the navy ones on the leather chairs)?? I LOVE them! Genevieve
www.makinamam.com

Leigh (Balancing By Faith) said...

I love how you have decorated your home - the dining room is my favorite, but I also love both fireplaces/mantels!!! So very pretty!!

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

Everything is looking great! You have come such a long way!

Farin said...

I love that ottoman/coffee table in your living room; would you mind sharing where it's from?

Rachael Rambling said...

Love your house decor!!!

Emily at 'a little bit of Emily' said...

I can't wait to see what you do with your front room - the fireplace makeover is just gorgeous. I love the dark wall color in the dining room. Really pops against the white! Can't wait to see your other updates!

Diana Wagner said...

I LOVE your house, andyour new fireplace looks amazing! Love that room!

Elaine said...

Looking good! Love that cow canvas too. is it the Kirklands one? Not sure what size you need but they have a huge one at Athome. It's the exact same print just way bigger than the one at Kirklands.

dresselfamily.blogspot.com said...

Oooh your fireplace is stunning !.. you have done so much already.. yay you!

Michaela Anne said...

Love that clock in your last picture (and third to last). Did you get it in Canton?

mdunn said...

I love everything you've done. It looks great!

Rachel Zimm said...

What a beautiful and cozy home!!
All of the paint colors and furniture choices go together so well :)

Brandi Little said...

I absolutely cannot get over how beautiful your home is! Every room is stunning!

Megan said...

Your house looks amazing!!!!!!

Mindy Doom said...

I am SoDak girl in love with your style Erika!! I love love love the grey, navy, and white look! Would love to remodel our fireplace like yours!
Mindy

Mindy Doom said...

You have the best style Erika! I absolutely love the grey, navy, and white look. If you are ever in South Dakota feel free to drop by to give me interior design pointers. I live near Mt. Rushmore if that's tempting at all ;) Haha!

Rebecca Olivas said...

Love your transformations. Would you tell us where you got your navy blue and white rug in your den? Thanks so much!

Megan Poehls said...

Love your house it's gorgeous especially the dining room! Would you mind sharing where you got the chandelier?