Wednesday, July 6, 2016

This and That

I have a random hot mess of goodies for you today, which considering that's what this blog is all about is completely fine!

I had written on my blog calendar to share what I've been wearing lately, but other than a few random dates it's pretty much swimsuits and cover-ups on rotation.  So I definitely didn't have enough photos to show you.  This is what I do have...

Dress: KenLee Cait-this dress is sold out, but she has really cute stuff at great prices.
Sandals:  Exact here 40% off!!!

Tee: Landry Kate Boutique
Shorts:  Here-Sheaffer told me to and I'm so glad I did.  :)

If you're local to McKinney, one of my friends recently opened a CUTE little shop downtown.  She has the cutest clothes and home decor.  The boutique is Landry Kate and is located right next door to Cadillac Pizza.  Go check her out!

Seriously, those were the only two clothes pictures I had!  So I'm recapping our weekend as well.

We started off our weekend with a lunch with out of town friends!  The Tarbuttons live in Missouri (close to where I'm from) and arrived in McKinney for a wedding on Saturday night.  We met up with them for lunch, walked around some shops, and just enjoyed getting to catch up.

These two were great sports!  They somehow found a comfy spot to sit in every store.  :)
Saturday evening we had the cutest little guest at our house while her family was at a wedding.  She's a neighbor and my kiddos all adore her.  To say she was lacking in the attention department would be the BIGGEST understatement.

In that photo, Ebby Lee was dancing to music like the entertainment staff did at our resort.  haha!

We ended the night with a water hose and popsicles.  I lightened the picture so you could see-it was getting dark by this point.

Sunday, we made a little day trip to Waco to visit Tab's brother and his family.  They recently relocated from Denver to Waco and are settling into their house.  We hadn't seen them or their new house so it was great to see them.  I took zero pictures.  #bloggerfail

Monday we did this...
 We met up with these cuties for the parade.

 My friend, Brooke, took this....isn't it precious?
There's just something about kiddos waving American flags, decked out in red, white, and blue, and watching a parade.

Confetti started shooting out of something.  Bowen was having a moment dancing amidst it.  :)

 These ladies are so special to me.  

After the parade our plan was to veg out at home for a while.  Tab came up with the last minute idea of playing a little golf.  I don't play but was all too excited to drive this cutie around in the golf cart watching the big kids and Tab.

Ebby Lee looks like she was trying to attack something.

We headed to the Shull's for some swimming/dinner and were having too much fun to leave so we skipped the town fireworks this year and watched them on their patio.  Apparently, I was having too much fun to take pictures as well.  ha!

I hope you enjoyed your long weekend celebrating this amazing country we live in.  

Have a great day! 

18 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

It was a Fourth not be forgotten ;). We had a BLAST celebrating with your sweet family!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Last time I was on the square, I saw that cute new boutique! It was Monday, so it was closed...but I can't wait to go in next time I'm down there! It looked DARLING! Cute pics of the kids!

Narci said...

Both of those outfits are adorable! It was fun seeing y'all at the parade! Glad you had a great weekend!! Xo

Brooke Richardson said...

I love that first dress you posted! So Cute!!!

Erika Slaughter said...

We did too!!

Erika Slaughter said...

She has some really cute clothes AND home stuff!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you! You too! We love that tradition! And I love that you added those muffins to the party!

Beau Dyer said...

Looks like a fun weekend! Where did you find Bowen's shirt for the 4th? Love it!

Amy @ Getz Girl on Fire said...

I love that you forgot to take pictures . . . it happens to me all the time and I justify with saying I was living in the moment, which is technically true! So glad you had a fabulous weekend!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank u!!

Erika Slaughter said...

I found it at Abercrombie Kids, of all places.

Erika Slaughter said...

It definitely happens to me a lot. :)

Bekah Dill said...

Where was your 4th of July dress from? SO CUTE!! The white with blue embroidery

Elaine Welte said...

I just love Katy and Tarbutton! She was my new member coordinator in college and was always the sweetest person (and still is). So glad y'all could spend the afternoon together! Looks like you had a great 4th and now I have to check out the shops you shared!

Megan said...

Such a fun weekend!!! Yall will have fun visiting Waco in the future. It has so many great spots- like the Maybourne museum!! My kids loved it there!!

Lauren Bullock said...

Where did you find the dress you wore on the 4th? SOOO cute!! i need!!

Kate Tobin said...

Hello. Did you happen to post about your white and blue dress that you wore on the 4th? It's really pretty! Details if you can 😌

Erica said...

Also would love to know about the blue and white dress!