Friday, August 5, 2016

Friday Favorites

It's Friday!  We've had a GREAT week!  Birthday weeks MIGHT be my fave.  :)

I'm teaming up with my girls, Andrea and Narci, like I do every Friday to share our Friday Favorites.


I'm recapping some of daily life around here...

We have some really amazing neighbors.  I mean really-they are awesome!!  We hung out in their backyard on Friday night while eating pizza, swimming, canoeing, and paddle boarding.  GREAT Friday night in my book!


#toughguyswearpinklifejackets


I have horrible balance so I started out by sitting and being paddled around.  Let me just tell you-that was WAY easier than standing and paddling myself.  I took a short turn, but didn't post the pictures because for some reason-I'm wearing a t-shirt and swimsuit bottoms!  #nobodywantstoseethat


These three had the BEST time rowing around the lake.


 PLEASE check out Nixon's face.  It's a little blurry, but there's pure terror all over his face.  To say Tab wasn't the smoothest on the paddle board, well that would be an understatement.  Nixon thought he was going in.  hahaha!

Saturday night this guy and I celebrated 11 years of marriage!  WAHOO!  We celebrated with our favorite gourmet Mexican and due to the traffic we arrived home at 7:40.  #lame  #goodthingtherewastraffic


On Monday evening, my mom made a birthday dinner, the kids helped her make a cake, and we celebrated in the dining room WITH decorations.  It was FABULOUS and I couldn't have felt more loved!


Ebby Lee chose Mrs. Shay's Pink Lemonade Bundt Cake and it was DELISH!  They also chose Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough-Blue Bell ice cream.  What a combo!  ;)


Best birthday present ever??  My mom told me she'd do some laundry.  Hallelujah!


The next day these two spent countless hours playing "volleyball" with the birthday decor. 

Later that night, we went out to Chuy's for some yummy Mexican food.  I told you I like to celebrate all week.  ;)  ha!  Tab was out of town on Tuesday, so we celebrated with and without him.

 I clearly should have watched the previews a little more closely.  I was stoked about watching Bad Moms, so I asked Marla and my mom to join me.  Well, oh my goodness!!  Parts of the movie were REALLY funny, but other parts were REALLY inappropriate.  Especially-if you're with your mom and mother-in-law!!


I got home and had the SWEETEST birthday card with flowers on my front porch from those fabulous neighbors.  A great way to end my day.  :)

I might manage to squeeze in a little more celebrating this weekend. haha!  #keepingitreal
Then we're off on one last hoorah before school and football start.  

Thank you for all the calls, texts, comments, and well wishes for my birthday.  You guys made it SO special!

*Don't forget to leave me a comment with a question for my ASK ME ANYTHING post coming up.  You can also e-mail me at alittlebitofeverything83@yahoo.com with questions.

One last thing, the winner of the giveaway is...
MANDY HEREDIA

  Congratulations, Mandy!!  I'm messaging you on Instagram today.  Please look for my message.

Hope you have a GREAT weekend!  



27 comments:

Fabulousandfunlife said...

What a wonderful week you've had! Happy birthday!

Aja said...

I LOVE paddle boarding, but due to gators I won't paddle board in lakes #FLlife. It is much harder than it looks! Luckily for me my kids like going in- ha!

Sarah Shaneyfelt said...

I'm so glad you had a great birthday! Sounds like you have really nice neighbors, too! My birthday is October 25th so I like to celebrate the entire month of October haha! I don't blame you for stretching out your celebration at all :)
Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

Emily at 'a little bit of Emily' said...

What a great birthday week! So glad you had the best time!

Erika Slaughter said...

Fabulous and fun life-Thank you!!! :)

Aja-I would have stayed inside the house if that lake had alligators! Oh my goodness! :)

Sarah-Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one. ha! :)

Mix and Match Mama said...

Oh goodness! You had a great week!! I don't know which part I liked the most? I'm so happy your anniversary/birthday week was a hit! And I'm glad you liked my Pink Lemonade Cake too!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

The paddle boarding looks so much fun, but I bet it's way harder than it looks! Glad you had a great birthday week! xoxo :)

Erika Slaughter said...

Shay-Thank you!! Yes, the cake was delicious!

Sheaffer-You should come over and we'll try it out. We'd be a MESS on that thing and would no doubt fall in, BUT we'd have a blast!

Narci said...

What a fun birthday week, friend!! I love the picture of everyone at dinner! Also, love the paddle boarding pictures!! So fun!

Brandi Little said...

Your week looks like it was wonderful!! Happy birthday / happy anniversary! :)

Erika Slaughter said...

Narci-it really was!!

Brandi-Thank you! :)

Elaine Welte said...

Paddle boarding looks like so much fun! I e been wanting to try it! And yay for your birthday and celebrating all week!

Amanda Heredia said...

I'm freaking out... I never win anything!! You just made my day/ year! I'm a teacher and have spent more money setting up my classroom this year then I thought, so I figured I would have to cut on back to school clothes shopping.... But now I don't!!! Thank you, and I can't wait to get your IG message!! Mandy :)

Meagan Ruse said...

I love paddle boarding! The first time I went, we were in Florida and the water was dark so I couldn't see a thing! I was so afraid there was a shark that I was as still as a statue 😂

Rachel Embery said...

Question: what's your workout schedule and average meals look like? Maybe a "week in the lifestyle" thing....always looking for tips on how others stay fit and trim:-)

Kelli Beason said...

I am an August birthday also and like to celebrate all week long if not all month!! Lol!

familyoffoley said...

Am glad you had so many fun birthday celebrations--my husband always marvels at how extended my birthdays become. Was envious that part of you birthday included having your laundry done!

Erika Slaughter said...

Elaine-it totally was! You should try!

Amanda-WAHOO!!! I just sent you a friend request. I don't know if I can message you without us being friends?

Meagan-I knew there were no sharks, but I was scared of the lake water too! haha!

Rachel-I'll share a little bit of this next week. Thank you!

Kelli-WAHOO!!! The only way to do it, right?

Familyoffoley-My husband thinks I'm ridiculous. :)

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

I love love LOVE how you guys celebrate birthdays all week long!! We do the same thing in our family and it's always so much fun! I hope you have another great weekend of celebrating yourself... you deserve it!!!!

Erika Powell said...

So glad you had such a wonderful birthday! I can't wait to see Bad Moms too! And that pink cake looks so yummy!

Court said...

I know what you mean.... My mom & I went to see Bad Moms last weekend too..... Although there were lots of awkward moments, the thing we kept talking about was all the swearing. I guess I just don't know anyone in real life who drops that many f-bombs. That was a bit much. Yet, we both actually liked the movie. Glad you had a great birthday and anniversary.

Lauren Boswell said...

Looks like you had a GREAT Birthday week!! So happy for you!!
So jealous that you guys can paddle board and kayak in your backyard pretty much.

{learningtolovehome.blospot.com}

Erika Slaughter said...

Court-I know!!! It could have been really cute and funny without all of those f-bombs!

Lauren-Thank you!!!

Kelly Kost said...

What a great birthday celebration! I’d love to hear more about how you survived having littles so close, any tips and tricks?!

Megan said...

What a fun week!!! You deserve to be celebrated!! Happy weekend!!

jenna grigsby said...

Do you have any idea where your neighbors got that card???? It'd be perfect for my neighbor/BFFFFF

Queen In Between said...

Oh my goodness....happy belated birthday and what a gift from your momma!! I love when my kids get excited to celebrate my birthday just like I do celebrating theirs. Someday I am going to make it to try that gourmet Mexican!!