Another top question is being answered today. :) You guys have been asking for a video hair tutorial for a while and let me tell you....I have no idea how to video myself while blow drying/curling my hair. And if I managed that somehow, I'd then have no idea how to put videos on my blog for you to see. #imsupertechy #canyoutell
So, I decided a tutorial with photos might be more my speed. I decided to do this last week at the gym. I don't usually wash my hair at the gym, but I knew if I packed everything I'd for sure remember to take pictures for you. And I would say people who saw me might think I'm crazy, but the ladies in there (Shay and Narci) were probably taking their own pictures. haha!
These are my go-to hair products at the moment. I numbered them in the order I use them.
1. Moroccan Oil Shampoo-My very favorite shampoo and I've tried a ton.
2. Moroccan Oil Conditioner-Feel the same way about this conditioner.
4. BaByliss Blow Dryer-I bought this hair dryer a couple years ago and it dramatically cut down on my dry time.
5. Fekkai Glossing Cream- (Usually I use Moroccan Oil-but it leaked on vacation and I tossed it. I haven't bought more yet so my fill-in product is the Glossing Cream.) I dried my hair a bit and then added this cream. If my hair looks frizzy after I curl, then I'll add a little more.
6. Hot Tools Curling Iron-My hair needs an iron to get hot, and this one fits that bill.
A couple things about my hair...
*I wash it every three to four days.
*I use dry shampoo in between washing. I flip flop between this dry shampoo and this one as my favorite. I typically rotate them.
*My hair lasts longer if I curl it rather than straighten, so I tend to curl.
*My hair gets really dry. Think hay or straw. hahaha! Not really, but it definitely is more dry than oily.
After putting the styling cream all over and brushing out, then I blow dry.
Halfway in between I added a little glossing cream-for my hydration. Then finished drying.
Finished drying! WAHOO!
Then I pull up the top 2/3 of my hair and put up in a bun with a hair tie. I curl the bottom layer first.
Just like this all around the bottom layer. I always curl away from my face and I curl the hair closest to my scalp first, then let out a little bit with the curling iron, and on and on until all the hair is curled. If that is confusing, check out this video. The way she curls each strand is what I'm trying to explain.
Then I let down another third and curl that entire layer. And finally, the top layer as well.
It pretty much looks like this. Then I check to see if I missed any spots.
I use my fingers to loosen the curls a bit and then I'm finished!
I hope that helps. If you guys have any questions, let me know. I'm happy to answer. My big kiddos are back to school today, so throughout the day you can find me half celebrating-half curled up in a ball. haha! #alltheemotions
Happy Monday! XOXO