Tuesday, August 30, 2016

One Room at a Time-Powder Bathroom Edition

*First up, the winner of the Sugar Bit gift card is JULIE CONNELLY!  We're e-mailing you ASAP!  :)

We moved into our current house last summer.  It was built in 1998 and pretty much my list of to-do's touches almost everything in the house.  But...we loved the layout, the yard, the location, AND I think in a weird way we like renovating.  Remind me of that when I'm in the middle of a mess.  :)

I shared our finished dining room here with some before/afters.

This next room is a weird one to share, but I'm sharing it.  :)

I never took a picture of our front bathroom when we moved in.  It was just a powder bathroom...old wallpaper, vanity sink, toilet, mirror, and a boring light fixture.  I wanted the space to be a little fun and I think it's a space that can also be a little funky.  

We added a little fun to the space.  Right?  ha!

We took the old wallpaper down and I found this cute metallic geometric wallpaper.  It's a dark grey that in the right light can even be a little blue.

My family came to visit this summer and my cousin kept talking about this canvas she wanted to get to add to her powder bathroom.  My cousin's walls are a tan with a geometric design.  Anyway, at first glance I thought she was crazy putting this wild canvas in her cute bathroom.  But the more and more I looked at it, the more I fell in love.  ha!  You know that feeling of "there's only one shirt left and someone else is looking at it"-It's like you HAVE to have it?  Do you guys know what I'm talking about?  There was only one colorful cow canvas left in the store, so my cousin bought it while I scrambled to order one online.  I'm so glad I did.  I think it adds the right touch of fun to the bathroom.

We had all brass hardware and we changed it all out for chrome.

I found this fun mirror that fit the space perfectly.  The sink is crazy close to the wall so the mirror needed to be pretty tall and thin.

 I might have been taking these pictures around 5:00 a.m. when I didn't need one tiny bit of me to be seen in that mirror.  Trust me on that!

I found the mirror at the I.O. Metro Outlet in Fairview.  That place is super hit or miss, but on this particular day I scored.

I ordered a small chandelier from Lamps Plus to tie in all the chrome and add just a bit more fun to this space.

So that's two rooms down.  How many to go?  haha!  #whoiscounting

Thanks for stopping by!  XOXO

31 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love this little powder room! I have been wanting to redo our downstairs bathroom (since we moved in 3 years ago 🙉) and I think this was the little kick I needed!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!!! Good luck on your room!

Narci said...

Cute, cute, cute! That canvas is amazing!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!!

Emily at 'a little bit of Emily' said...

Love your wallpaper color! Perfect for a little pop in a small bathroom. The cow canvas is too fun! I think I could fall in love with it, too.

steph said...

Your powder room bathroom looks great! I'm not usually a fan of wallpaper but love yours.

Mix and Match Mama said...

I love that painting in your powder bath! And I love the wallpaper too :).

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

HOW FUN!!!!!!! I love it!!!! A small space is the perfect place to add a bit of fun and whimsy!

Erika Slaughter said...

Hahaha!! Thank you!

Stacy said...

Where is the canvas from? I am looking for a big, fun, colorful peice to hang in the hallway leading to my boys' rooms. ��

Erika Slaughter said...

I was being lazy and instead of texturing the walls decided we should just wallpaper. I'm so glad we did. It would have been a bit borin without it. :)

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!

Erika Slaughter said...

We got ours at Kirkland's (think it's sold out) but I think Grandin Road has some cute options as well.

kelly said...

This is an amazing coincidence! Just this past week, I decided my little powder room needs a makeover and IMMEDIATELY thought of you cause I love how you decorate. And bam! You have a post with pics of your powder room! I love it! Would you be willing to share where you got the wallpaper or the name of it?

Erika Slaughter said...

Oh thanks, Kelly!! I found the wallpaper at Sherwin Williams. Let me see if I have any leftover to tell you the name. :)

Kelly Stamps said...

I love it!!!!! And I love the cow!!!!!!

Brooke Richardson said...

We just repainted our powder bath a pretty blue, before it was boring tan! Now I'm thinking we need something fun for the walls too!!!! Love yours!!!! Most people don't think to do something fun with their powder bath!!!

MissKimmie said...

I love this. I've been debating on wallpaper and I think it's a yes. Great job girl. The canvas for a home near Dallas is everything.

Kelsey @ The Peacock Roost said...

It looks great!! I love the touch of fun in there! The cow is a nice pop of color with the gray & chrome. Love love love!

dresselfamily.blogspot.com said...

I love a powder bathroom with funk! .. it's super cute

kimm atwood said...

That cow canvas is awesome. Love it!

Queen In Between said...

I love it! I have always wanted to find a place for that cow picture...every time I see it I love it!

kelly said...

Thank you so much!!

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

I adore this room!! I love a good funky space... I had to have one in our current home so ours is our front sitting room. It's bright and bold and has lots of cool abstract paintings and a funky chandelier. LOVE IT. And I LOVE your wallpaper. So gorgeous.

Erika Powell said...

I love the wallpaper so much. What a cool design for the space!

Stacey Walden said...

How fun! I love what you did with the space. The cow painting is just the right pops of color with the gray walls!!

Meagan Ruse said...

That powder room is my most favorite room in your whole house! It's so fun! I can't stop thinking about that cow! If it's missing, you know where it went 😉

Whitney Pegram said...

It looks amazing! Love the painting & mirror SO much!

thesunshinesthroughit said...

Oh my goodness I LOVE your cow! He is amazing.

Amanda said...

I have been obsessed with the cow painting since I saw it in your bathroom the other night! I have it ordered and it should be here anyday. My powder bath is a little funky too (bright apple red mirror and a terrible wainscoting job that Craig put in a few years ago...shhhh...). I can't wait to add Bessie to the wall!