Thursday, August 11, 2016

San Antonio Getaway

This year we decided we should start a new tradition...one that includes a little getaway as a family RIGHT before school starts.  A great way to end the summer-if you ask me.  :)

We did JUST that earlier this week.


Tab's cousin and his family live in Austin (which is on the way to San Antonio for us), so we drove to their house Saturday afternoon, swam, ate delicious barbecue, and headed straight to the resort on Sunday morning.  

These are half-excited/half-scary looking smiles. ha!

Sunday morning check out/check in was CHAOS!!  

We got into our room early and enjoyed the bed for a moment.  Does everyone do this or is it just my crazies?

We wasted NO time getting our swim suits on so we could get to the pool!  This pool area did not disappoint.  Think water slides, lazy river, and a beachy sand area.

We hung out in the pool area from about 11:30 to 7:30 and then we were WIPED out.  There are three restaurants at the resort plus the pool bar/grill.  We hit up one restaurant looking a MESS in our swim cover-ups and pool hair, but my food was DELICIOUS!!

We showered and got right into bed to watch some Olympics before we all crashed.

Monday morning we snagged some chairs one step away from the lazy river.  These two fought the lazy river current all day hanging onto this wall.
#thiswasthelife

 I burned my forehead on Sunday and scored this hat in the gift shop.  I'm so thankful I found this gem.  I ALMOST walked out with a cowboy hat before I spotted it.  hahaha!

Then I bumped into SHEAFFER!!  Sheaffer and her family were there earlier this week as well.  She didn't mention that I looked EXACTLY like Lady with that hat and crazy pool hair. hahaha!  Do you see the resemblance?

Tuesday morning I enjoyed some quiet on the balcony.

We hit the pool early to get in a few more slides and trips around that lazy river before we headed home.

Tab and Bowen coming down the slide.

Bowen was too scared the first day to ride any of those, but he became a FAST fan!



 We hugged everyone and thanked them for our days of fun.  These big kids were so sweet to our kiddos.  They showed them how to catch Pokemons, how to make your tube spin around while going down the slide, and much more.  :)

Just the girls :)

One last bite to eat poolside before it was time to go.

My favorite things about this resort...
*The food was GREAT!  Everything I ate was yummy...at the pool or restaurants.
*The convenience of never leaving the resort.  This getaway could have been called the vacation when Erika NEVER fixed her hair.  We stayed at the pool ALL day and then would go straight to dinner.
*The big field where kiddos can play wiffle ball or run amuck.  I loved all that extra space and so did the Slaughter kids.

33 comments:

kimm atwood said...

Those are my favorite kind of trips...the ones where you hang poolside and never have to do your hair, put on real clothes or makeup! Enjoy the last few days of summer

Aja said...

Fun! We always do the same thing, but at Disney or the beach. The beauty of living in Central Florida ;) This summer flew by!

Sarah Shaneyfelt said...

This is such a great idea! I love the idea of taking a vacation right before school starts and never having to leave the hotel/resort!
Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

Erika Slaughter said...

That's exactly what we did. It was great! :)

Erika Slaughter said...

Hahaha!!! Yes, your getaways probably look a little different. :)

Erika Slaughter said...

I packed us all cute clothes for dinner but we never wore them! :)

Mix and Match Mama said...

Yay!!! I love these pictures! What a fun getaway! And I second that this resort is amazing! Next time, leave the kids and bring Andrew and me ;).

Holly Copeland said...

We stayed there earlier this summer and will definitely be back! I'm still dreaming about the food at Cibolo Moon :)

Narci said...

So fun!! I'm glad you had such an amazing time!! Never fixing your hair during vacation sounds pretty much perfect! :)

Kara said...

We have wanted to stay here for years but never have! I'm so glad to see it's as fun as I've heard. I guess I'll be adding it to my list! Glad you guys had a fun time.

Erika Slaughter said...

You know we would have had a blast on those water slides!!! :)

Erika Slaughter said...

So funny you mentioned that spot because it's where we ate dinner both nights. Delicious!!

Erika Slaughter said...

I looked a mess but it was super nice not to fix it. Ha!

Erika Slaughter said...

Kara-your family would love it!!

Karlene said...

Looks like fun! Great way to end summer

Meagan Ruse said...

Looks like the perfect getaway! I'm so glad y'all had fun!

Erika Slaughter said...

Karlene...yes, we had a GREAT time. :)

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you, Meagan!!! :)

jthmas said...

Ok, how do you get into your room so early? Do you just ask ahead for early check in?

dresselfamily.blogspot.com said...

It looked so much fun.. I swear I should have been born in Texas!..my type of vacation..☺☺
Glad you had a lovely time! !!

Erika Slaughter said...

I called but they told me it was based on availability at check in. Maybe we got lucky?

Erika Slaughter said...

Or like me and just move to Texas after birth. :)

Tanya said...

Looks like such a fun getaway! The JWMarriott has definitely upped their water slide game. We went there many years ago, but they didn't have all the slides, just a pool. I think my tween/teens would love that!

Whitney Pegram said...

What a fun mini-vacation! & that resort looks amazing!

Erika Slaughter said...

It was really nice. :)

"The Mrs." said...

What a fun little trip!!!

MissKimmie said...

How fun. We lived in San Antonio for three years when my kiddos were your kiddos ages. ( now they are 26 25 23) I felt like every day was a vaca. Happy back to school.

Katherine said...

Awww...my family and love this resort! My big boys love the slides and my little one love the sprayground-win/win. Did you have the biscuit and jalapeño strawberry jam at Cibolo Moon? Amazing!

Queen In Between said...

I can hardly wait! We spent New Years Eve there but I haven't been during pool weather. My friend Holly and I have started this thing with our daughters now that they are 11 and for their bdays instead of parties we have a girls weekend. In March we did up Fort Worth and on Sunday we are heading to SA to the JW. We will venture downtown to the Riverwalk Sunday night but other than that I plan to be parked by the lazy river!

Shelly||The Queen in Between

Lauren Boswell said...

That place looks amazing! I would love to get to visit there.
I'm curious, is that resort all inclusive?

Adam and Ashley said...

We stayed there a couple summers ago-its so awesome!! The 12 hour drive for us was not so awesome ;)

Holly Copeland said...

I'm still dreaming about the Mac & Cheese ;)

brookerichardson said...

I've always wanted to check this place out!! Looks like a blast and the perfect getaway!