Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Day in the Life-Hour by Hour

As a blog reader, these random day in the life posts are my very favorite posts to read.  According to the poll from a few months back, they're your favorite to read as well.  :)

This was my yesterday (Monday)....

5:00 a.m.
I know those notification lights will drive some of you crazy.  haha!  I'm so sorry.  I use all my clean freak energy on my house, so my phone and my car have to suffer.  Isn't it so weird how your body naturally wakes up RIGHT before your alarm should go off?  That happened yesterday.

My new BFF, Poppy, and I first thing in the morning on a potty break.  Sorry, it's blurry.  ;)

Then COFFEE time!  Santa joined me.

The author, Carrie Rogers, lives in our town.  I ordered this new prayer book she just released.  I'm a fan!  As a mom/wife/friend are you sometimes extremely overwhelmed about everything you should be lifting up in prayer?  I feel that way a lot!  Anyone else?  This book has really helped me by supplying lots of those prayers for my family and friends.

Then it was time for Seamless...I shared already how much I'm loving this study, but I'm telling you again.  LOVE this!

6:00 a.m.
I worked on Wednesday's blog post.

7:00 a.m.
The crazies were up, watching a little television, and eating breakfast.

8:15 a.m.
Bowen and I dropped off the big kids at school, went back to the house to grab Nixon's backpack (not sure how he forgot it on the way out), and then made it to the gym.

9:15 a.m.
I was hard at work or really taking a break so I could snap a picture.  

10:15 a.m.
Workout...CHECK!
Shower...CHECK!
Wearing real clothes....CHECK!

White tee:  Here
Distressed Jeans:  Here


10:30 a.m.
Bowen and I would prefer a brunch around this time every morning and then a heavy snack around 2:00.  Yesterday, it all worked out.  I got him a kid's meal, but he decided my quesadilla looked better.  So I shared and I got myself a bowl of chicken tortilla soup as well.

11:00 a.m.
Bowen and I had to run a few errands.  Errand number one was a quick errand for the flag football team.

11:30 a.m.
Then I unbuckled this kid so he could help me clean out the car and vacuum at the car wash.

12:00 p.m.
Bowen had a few minutes of screen time before his nap so I got right down to business.  I stumbled upon these booties on sale!!  And then I switched out a load of laundry.  Because laundry!  Ugh!  It's never ending!

12:30 p.m.
Bowen laid down to take a nap and then I got to work on vacations.  Disney vacations were at the top of the list yesterday.  I talked to some clients, booked some trips, and answered e-mails.

2:00 p.m.
I snagged a cup of coffee and finished that blog post for Wednesday.

3:00 p.m.
After waking Bowen up, we picked up these cuties from school and played at the park for a while before we declared it TOO HOT!  Ugh!

4:30 p.m.
We finished up homework, made lunches for the next day, and handled all the craziness after school seems to bring.

5:00 p.m.
I made Shay's Beef Enchiladas from her NEW COOKBOOK!

 6:00 p.m.
Play time outside after dinner.

Nixon got to experience his first paper bag on a walk with a dog.  EEK!  #lucky  #exceptnot

This girl has been the BIGGEST helper when it came to dog sitting.

7:30 p.m.
They were all three squeezing in a few more minutes of IPads and Kindles before shower time.  Then they showered, we laid out clothes for the next day, tucked everyone in, and Tab and I high fived.  ;)

8:00 p.m.
I took a bath and read a little out of this book.  I'll keep you posted.  What is it with me and those thrilling, suspenseful, creepy books?  #icantsayno


9:30 p.m.
I finished up the blog post and headed to bed!  Wahoo!

All in all, a pretty good Monday.  I hope yours was a great one too.  XOXO

Don't forget tomorrow is another STRANDED post!  We're sharing the THREE movies we'd bring with us.  We'd love for you to join!

65 comments:

kimm atwood said...

Love these posts !!!! And I NEVER have the issue of waking up before my alarm. I'm famous for hitting the snooze button a few too many times

Sally Hepworth said...

I have to say, while suspenseful and well written, Pretty Girls was just too dark for me. I did really love Pretty Baby by Mary Kubica (still suspenseful but not as graphic.) I'll be interested to see what you think!

Sarah Shaneyfelt said...

I love these posts, too! I think all of us bloggers do :) It's so interesting to see how someone lives their life and goes about their daily routine! Are the jeans you're wearing after your gym class from JCrew? I love them!
Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

Emily at 'a little bit of Emily' said...

These are definitely one of my favorite types of posts!

Erika Slaughter said...

Hahahaha!!! The snooze button gives me anxiety. I can't relax and go back to sleep because I know it's coming.

Erika Slaughter said...

Me too!! But I'm so far in, I have to read the ending. Pretty Baby-I'll keep it in mind! Thanks, Sally!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you! No, they're AG from Nordstrom. My favorite pair of jeans by far! :)

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

I often wake up right before my alarm too! You looked SO CUTE in that white tee and jeans!!!! And I LOVE that ya'll were done with dinner and playing by 6:00! Our neighbors always kid us that we eat so early. We're ready for play time as they are just starting to think about getting dinner ready.

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you! :)

Erika Slaughter said...

Those internal clocks are NO JOKE! Tab was home early and it was fabulous!

Jillian McCallister said...

Wahoo!!! Love these posts! Thanks Erika!!

Grimes Life said...

I also love these posts, there is just something so fun about seeing how other people's days go! I am off to order cute on sale booties!

Joe and Britt Hensley said...

Those days when I wake up just before my alarm makes me grouchy for a hot second, & then mom-mode kicks in. 😒😒like that extra minute would really do something. Ha

Paula said...

Hopefully Poppy's visit will spark a family Christmas gift! :D

Unknown said...

where is your adorable white top from?

Meagan @ The Clanahan Fam said...

I love these posts! And maybe Nixon picking up dog poo for a few days will help temper his excitement over getting a dog - delay, delay, Momma. Ha! :)

Narci said...

I love that!! I simply lack the gift of waking up on my own. Rob always wakes up before the alarm, and I find it totally mystifying! How on earth did I miss out on this internal clock deal? It sounds fabulous! :)

Manda J said...

Erika- Have you and Shay worked together on vacations for a long time or is this a new partnership or your own thing entirely? I have always thought planning people's vacations would be a very fun job!

Laura said...

What did I miss! Are you related to the author of that book??

Kerry Forristall said...

Erika, do you drink your coffee through a straw? I do too!! My family thinks I'm crazy.

dresselfamily.blogspot.com said...

We eat dinner at 5:30...even most weekends lol

Gucci Girl said...

Waffles-on-paper-plate-breakfasts for the win! 🙌🏻

AmyRay said...

I LOVE Karin Slaughter books! You should try Lisa Gardner books as well!

Missy said...

OH, where is that long white v-neck short-sleeved T from in your gym pic??!!!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!

Erika Slaughter said...

I completely agree! It's fun to take a peek into others' lives. :)

Erika Slaughter said...

Too funny! I'm always thankful I'm saved from that alarm sound.

Erika Slaughter said...

That was our plan but we've decided to wait a bit. Hahahaha!

Erika Slaughter said...

I'm sharing on Thursday!

Erika Slaughter said...

Delay!!! That's what we've decided. A super fun experiment but we need to be a bit older.

Erika Slaughter said...

Haha! God skipped that part when he was making you but he made up for it with all your other gifts. :)

Erika Slaughter said...

I joined Shay a little over a year ago so we've been doing it for a while. :)

Erika Slaughter said...

No-ha! Just a coincidence. :)

Erika Slaughter said...

Yes, I do!!! Soul sisters. ;)

Erika Slaughter said...

Usually Tab isn't home that early but I wish he was. It was great.

tryingtokeepupwiththejones said...

I just finished Pretty Girls and I feel like I'm still recovering from how dark it was.. And I usually can handle those type of books!! But I was with you on having to see it thru til the end. (Insert monkey covering eyes emoji here.)

Erika Slaughter said...

Wahoo!! They were Shay's pumpkin waffles we made over the weekend and we had a couple leftovers.

Erika Slaughter said...

I'm gonna remember that author. Thanks for the recommendation.

Erika Slaughter said...

I'm sharing Thursday. :). Already have the post written.

Erika Slaughter said...

Girl! I feel you on this one!! I'm almost finished!

Stephanie Reynolds said...

Love these posts! Where is your white tshirt from? Do you have a link for it? Thanks!!

Kelsey @ The Peacock Roost said...

Love these posts!! You had a very busy & productive day! Love your outfit after you left the gym.
Kelsey
www.thepeacockroost.com

Angie Smith said...

I have been wanting to read Seamless. Thanks for recommending it. I think it's meant for me to read given the author's name.

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

I always wake up right before my alarm as well... so strange! Sometimes I do it on the weekends, too, but most of the time not since we stay up later on Friday and Saturday nights... I guess I'm too tired! Ha!

Olivia said...

I am so impressed with how you put the kids to bed and then read and go to bed yourself. I feel like just start the last third of my day when my kids go to bed :( Cleaning, work, prepping for the next day, etc.

Ashley Walker said...

Hi! Loved this post! Your family is precious! Just curious about the travel planning...is this something you have to get training in or can anyone be a travel agent if they can get clients? Also, what is the advantage of using one? Is it more knowing the fun things to do or do you get some discounts? Do you charge for planning Disney vacations? Disney agents will plan for free but do you get something extra going through you? Thanks!

Kendra Baird said...

I read Pretty Girls as well and it was a bit to dark for me as well. The end freaked me right out!!!

Kelly Sites said...

I love a day in the life blog posts. LOVE IT. You need to read THE COUPLE NEXT DOOR...another super creepy thriller that I read (devoured)in 24 hours.

Erika Slaughter said...

Yes! I just added it up above. :)

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!

Erika Slaughter said...

For real!! It was meant for you! Ha!

Erika Slaughter said...

Me too! Most of the time it's just a minute before my alarm which is extra crazy!

Erika Slaughter said...

Hahahaha!! This made me laugh! My kiddos are older and I can do that while they're playing and showering. It'll get easier, Mama!

Erika Slaughter said...

Yes, it does require training. The advantage to using a travel agent is we take care of everything for you. :). From flights to lodging to tee times, whatever you want to do at Disney, we take care of all the reservations and planning. I'd love to chat with you if you'd like to learn more. You can email me and we'll set it up. Alittlebitofeverything83@yahoo.com. :)

Erika Slaughter said...

Me too!!!! I'm so glad I finished in the day time!

Erika Slaughter said...

You're the second or third person to recommend that one. Adding it to my Amazon cart now! Thank you!!

Renee Hester said...

I have noticed several times your family portrait hanging above the fireplace. Please please how did you hang it there? We have a rock fireplace too, and was wondering what you used, nail, command hook etc?

clatk said...

Pretty Girls was far too dark for me too! And I really liked Gone Girl, Girl on a Train, and Defending Jacob!

Kjlb37 said...

Love these posts, so fun! Also, Bowen's face going into the gym(I think), he looks like he's missing his BFF Ashby;). So much better to "practice" with Poppy then to get a dog and realize that it's not a good fit. Smart mama!

Kristina @ Ms.Modify said...

I love these posts! You had a very productive day! But I have to say, girl... those notifications on your phone give me anxiety! :)

lsadler said...

Love these posts! I just discovered Colleen Hoover and every book I've read this month has been hers! I think she is my new favorite.

Megan said...

Love these posts! You are a busy busy mama!!! And i just can't wake up that early. I am not a morning person!I also have 25,648 unread emails on my phone...HAHAHA!! Woops!

Kristina Briggeman said...

Same here! It made me want to throw up!

Leigh said...

I love these posts! I do not have an internal clock. I would sleep till 10am without an alarm. One can dream that young kids would allow sleeping in, right? :) I have so many notifications on my phone it's hilarious so I'm right there with you! Just seeing the Disney website open on your laptop makes me want to go back. Time for another trip. We've only been once this year. I'm having withdrawals. Lol

Morgan Eckert said...

I know you love Liane Moriarty and Emily Giffen like Shay. You need to try out Lisa Scottoline next! I would recommend Keep Quiet. It's so good!!