Friday, September 2, 2016

Friday Favorites

WAHOO for a LONG weekend!  The Slaughters are ready for an extra weekend day.  How about you?

I'm joining my girls, Narci and Andrea, to share our Friday FAVORITES!  You should join us, grab our graphic, link to us, and then add your blog to our link up.  Super easy and a great way to find some new FAVORITE blogs.  :)


Last Saturday night our family enjoyed a last family date night out before football season starts.  Mama got to choose!  I chose Mi Cocina and then playing for the kiddos.  All kinds of FAVORITES wrapped up in one.  

While we waited for a table, my crew and I walked down to the Kendra Scott store and I bought myself a few, "Football is starting" goodies.  After dinner I LEFT MY BAG FULL OF GOODIES at the play area.  I didn't realize it until Sunday after church.  I called the store just to see if maybe someone had turned it in and the girl who found it had already called to let them know she'd be bringing it in!!  Can you believe that?  A FAVORITE this week for sure!  So thankful for that lady!


I mean...could I have caught Nixon at a better moment?  My FAVORITE crazy six-year-old was being funny mid-snap and this proves it.  ;)


A friend put this on Facebook and I LOVED it!  Definitely a FAVORITE for the week.  This sums up my life.  Last week all my meals were made via the slow cooker and everyone had great lunches.  This week has been a bit of a mess.  That's life!


I shared this sweater and some other FALL FAVORITE clothes on Monday.  See all the goodies here.

And this top I shared is now 40% off.  It comes in four different colors and is great for fall.


This kid and his crazy sense of humor is a FAVORITE.  On Monday, Tab got home a little late so the kiddos and I were eating solo.  It was one of those days when everyone made some type of grunting sound when they saw what I had made for dinner.  You guys know what sound I'm referencing, right?  Anyway, we had a big discussion on being thankful.  It was a super serious talk.  Then Bowen in the middle of the serious discussion cracked a joke and the moment was utter chaos again.  :)
And this quote is a new FAVORITE!  Amen, right?



I hung out with my two FAVORITE four-year-olds on Tuesday.  They had a great time playing at a local play place and then we followed it up with McDonald's.

I hope you guys have a fabulous long weekend!  Happy Friday!  XOXO


17 comments:

kimm atwood said...

Love hearing stories about people finding things and doing the right Hong by turning them in. Makes me realize not everything is ugly in his world. Have a great weekend

Narci said...

What a fun family date night, and I love that black top on you! So cute!

Mix and Match Mama said...

Ashby had the best time on Tuesday morning playing with you guys! And I love that taco quote! Hahahaha!

Erika Slaughter said...

I was shocked and so thankful!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!

Erika Slaughter said...

We did too and that quote is too funny!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Soft.

Erika Slaughter said...

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

Sarah Kuykendall said...

You look great in that white sweater!

Whitney Pegram said...

LOVE that sweater!!

Megan said...

Bowen and Nixon are looking sooo much alike! I had to double take on their pic!' When did B get soooo big?? And I love that someone turned in your Kendra Scott!! I bet you were sick!!

Kelsey @ The Peacock Roost said...

Mi Cocina...yum!! I went there a few years ago on my Dallas vacay and I'm counting the days until this fall when my husband and I are traveling down for a game so I can go there again. Their food is the best! How nice of someone to turn in your jewelry!! It's always nice to see that there are still good people like that in the world :)
Kelsey
www.thepeacockroost.com

Karren Haller said...

Hi Ladies, I found you over on Prairie Girl this week.
Love your grey sweater, cute!
Thanks for hosting!:)
Hope you have a great weekend!
Karren
Oh My Heartsie Girl

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

That is so refreshing to hear that someone turned in your bag of stuff instead of keeping it for themselves or trying to sell it! The world is scary sometimes, so it's always nice to hear when people do good things.

Have a great weekend!

Jenny said...

Oh my word... I'm so glad you were able to track down your goodies. I bet you were freaking out. And yes to the taco quote!

live compassionately said...

I'm so glad someone is turning your items in! That would have been so sad!

Lr Jamison said...

Your outfits are too cute and your kids just made me smile! ~Lowanda of Sunshine and Elephants