Friday, September 16, 2016

Friday Favorites

Hi Friends!  So happy to see Friday!  Aren't you?  :)

I'm joining my girls, Narci and Andrea, to share our Friday Favorites with you.

First of all, THANK YOU, for all your help, recommendations, and advice in my post on Monday.  I will compile all the comments and share with you soon.  If you missed it, you can see it HERE.

Today, I'm sharing some of my random favorites from the past week...
Nixon is my dog lover.  He has seriously been asking for a dog since he could talk (and he talked early).  Back in the day, when we asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up he'd reply, "a dog".  I'm not even kidding.  He's had a dog birthday party, been a dog for Halloween, and I'm pretty sure we own almost any "boy" dog toy that's on the market today.  He's obsessed.  

We've been contemplating surprising our kids with a dog for Christmas.  I mentioned us possibly "Poppy sitting" to Shay and she was totally on board.  The plan was for us to have Poppy for five nights and then I'd take her to her little pet resort/kennel/boarder (I don't know what you call that place). 

Poppy was amazing!  She never had an accident in the house.  She never tried to eat anything she shouldn't.  She never got up on the furniture.  Seriously, I don't know much about dogs, but she sounds like a dream, right?  But...coming from someone who has NEVER had a dog inside-an inside dog is just a bit like having another child.  Our plan right now is to tell our kids they need to be a little older.  Who was feeding her?  Me!  Who took her out to potty?  Me!  Who got her water?  Me!  Who put her in the crate when we left?  Me!  Do you see the pattern?  In order for us to have a family dog, the FAMILY needs to be caring for her...not just mama.  That's the plan for now.  :)

On another note... I found myself saying things at 5:00 a.m in the backyard like, "Poppy, go potty.  Oh good girl, you pottied so quick!".  YES, I did.  hahahaha!

Seeing the kiddos interact with a dog was a FAVORITE.  




I decorated for fall which is a FAVORITE around these parts.  I think Andrea has this tiered stand and I set back and watched her decorate it for every holiday.  I finally decided to go for it or in this case enter my credit card information.  :)




I'm sure you guys have been following along, but some of our very FAVORITE friends just adopted a sweet new baby girl, Madeley Shull!  She is PRECIOUS and we cannot wait for them to get home!  We're dying to hug their necks and squeeze that sweet baby's cheeks.  Tab had a football game this weekend and I didn't realize his plan was to drive in on Saturday night after the game.  Needless to say at 2:15 a.m. I hear Poppy barking and my phone starts ringing.  Then I hear the knock on the garage door.  Tab had arrived!  Tab and I were chatting about his game when I realized it was almost time for the Shulls to get Madeley, so we snapped a selfie at 2:30 a.m. to tell them we were praying for them and were so excited.

It is awesome to see our friends be the hands and feet of Jesus.  Simply amazing!



On Sunday afternoon I had a meeting with our women's ministry at church.  I signed up to be connected to an older woman/younger woman.  Our church is trying to bridge the gap between generations because we can learn SO much from each other.  With this ministry, we get paired with one or two other women and we commit to meeting once a month, checking in once a week, and daily praying for each other.  I arrived not having a clue who my group would be and when I arrived I was STOKED!  One of these ladies I worked with at preschool and absolutely LOVE.  She's a FAVORITE for sure!  She is Bowen's teacher this year and her family is fabulous.  I'm so excited to be working with her this year.  The other woman I just met and already love to pieces.



Wednesday night Nixon had his first flag football game of the year.  Boy, was he full of all the emotions.  Nervous, stoked, pumped, excited, anxious...you name it, he was feeling it!  For most of the boys on our team it was their first year to play and they did GREAT!  The game ended in a tie.  We're already looking forward to the next one.  It's going to be a fun season!

The team even had cheerleaders, which we weren't expecting so it made it even more fun!

The boys thought this was AWESOME!


GO COWBOYS!

It was the perfect night for some football.  Well, minus the fact that I was sweating-but other than that-perfect.  :)


 They both had a blast!

The cheering squad :)




 I stumbled across these pictures of my FAVORITE umpire from the Alabama/USC game and thought I'd share.  


 These three had spotted their people up in the stands.  We were screaming, yelling, and waving our arms at them RIGHT at this second.  They were playing it cool.

I'm hoping the weather man has it all wrong for us this weekend.  #wheresthecoolweather  :)
Have a great weekend, girls!  XOXO


22 comments:

A Gal Named Al said...

Love the tiered wooden stand! And I agree about the dog- when only one person is doing it, there's no point in having one. My 7 year old son has a beta fish and has been very responsible with that. You could start small? Thanks for hosting today!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Several things: The football pics are great! Loved the selfie and the story about you and Tab praying for Madeley at 2:30 a.m.! Sweet friends! And I'm thinking the "dog on hold" thing might be a good plan! ;)

Narci said...

Cute, cute pictures from football!! :) that tiered stand is adorable. I need to find something similar for my kitchen! Have a great weekend! Xo

Sarah Shaneyfelt said...

Where did you order the tiered stand from?! I need something like that for my table!
Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

Emily at 'a little bit of Emily' said...

Love the stand - one of these days I will bite the bullet with it, too! Super cute football pictures, as well. Such a fun thing that they had cheerleaders!

Grimes Life said...

Happy Friday! The pic of yall praying for baby Madeley in the middle of the night is the sweetest! I love the fall decor, wooden stand with pumpkins! Have a great weekend!

ajayhawksgirl said...

I love reading your blog each and every day. I literally can almost hear how happy and cheerful you are! We have two dogs (a German Shepherd- Border Collie and a Pug-Shar Pei) one is 45ish pounds, the other 30ish pounds. They are ages 8 and 9. They are BY FAR less work than any of my three kids (ages 7, 4, and 1). I PROMISE!! I read books on potty training and followed it to a T. They were kennel trained as puppies and young dogs but as they aged the kennels have gone bye bye. The biggest part that I love, they are amazing with my kids. Just like your kiddos and Poppy, our kids love to walk them, play with them, feed them etc. Our vet once asked me when the dogs were younger how a kid (me!) got such great dogs. They are "mutts" from the Humane Society and truly amazing. Give it a chance!! Oh and I will never judge but will you maybe think about a dog from the shelter?! Petfinder.com is how I found both of my dogs. I wanted specific breeds and sure enough I found them, they were just mixed with a little extra cuteness!! Hugs from KANSAS!

Erin Friedman said...

Okay dying to know where that stand that you had all decorated for fall is from??? :) I live in Illinois and this past week the weather has been wonderful... Praying you all get some fall like weather your way!!!

Laura said...

I had no idea your hubs was a referee and he was working the game of my favorite team on Saturday! Roll Tide!!

KW0410 said...

Goodness I love that you are paired up with an older and younger woman... I agree we can all learn so much from one another if we just listen!
I am also interested in the tiered stand! Can you post where it is from?? Would be great for all seasons!!

Whitney Pegram said...

I totally feel you on the dog thing. My kiddos want one but this mama knows exactly who will be caring for it! ...maybe one day! :) & I love the idea of the women's group that includes all ages! Have a great weekend!

Paula said...

Just become the neighborhood dog sitter and have small pockets of dog fun. Like a grandparent! Then give them back! Lol....
Sweet moment together praying for Madeley/Shulls

Linda said...

My boye, 13 and 15, have asked for a dog FOREVER. We finally surprised them with one this summer and I'm so glad we waited. Having a puppy is like having a baby and the more helping hands, the better. The boys have been responsible and couldn't love the puppy more!

Life with Team Morris said...

You're family is just precious! Happy Friday!

Jenny said...

I've been eyeing that tiered stand as well, but wasn't sure if I'd be able to decorate it as well. You've definitely pulled it off. Super cute!

Lisa said...

How sweet to get connected to women out of your age bracket at church. Love that!!!

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

What an amazing thing that your church is doing to bridge the gap between generations! That is such an amazing idea! I need to suggest something like this at our church because I would love to participate.

Kelsey @ The Peacock Roost said...

Love that tiered stand!! I am SO excited to see & hear more about Miss Madeley!! What a blessing she is. I love what your church is doing, I wish ours would do something similar. Those are awesome pictures of Tab you found!
Kelsey
www.thepeacockroost.com

Katie said...

Erika- random question but I've been meaning to ask how you prepare your salmon and cook it? I've not had great luck making it at home. What do you serve with it.? Thanks and love your blog!

Ericka @ A Quiet Girl's Musings... said...

The pictures you stumbled up are some great shots. I hope the weather cooperates for you soon, I, too, and very tired of heat and am ready for some cool, autumn weather.

50 Days Of No Grey said...

So sweet to see your son with a dog. We are big dog lovers and I think every kid should grow up with one! Good Luck!

Laura Darling said...

Love that fall decor! And woo-hoo for flag football!