Friday, September 9, 2016

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!  We're READY for the weekend!  Those four-day weeks often seem longer than the five day weeks to me.  Why is THAT?

I'm joining my girls, Andrea and Narci, I'm sharing some FAVORITES from the week with you today.

This cutie had his first day back to preschool this week. A FAVORITE for us both!  He's not in Ashby's class this year and was having a tough time understanding why they weren't together.  #becauseduh  Right?  haha!  Good news is they have recess together so they get to play everyday AND they'll both make new friends.  He's loving it so far and will have a great year!

We tried a front door picture and we were both off our "A" game.  His face and my reflection...sometimes we're a mess!

Another FAVORITE is having working internet at my house!  WAHOO!  As fun as a little getaway to Starbuck's was with Ebby Lee on Monday, it's WAY more convenient to have wi-fi in the courtesy of my own home.

Did you see where some of our FAVORITES are headed?  We're SO excited for the Shulls and cannot WAIT to meet their new addition.

Our FAVORITE neighbors live across the street.  On Tuesday, we played outside for just a bit because it's HOT.  But in the few minutes Nixon asked to hold this sweet girl.  He was smitten.  He's never paid her a ton of attention before, but he was feeling it this week.

I LOVE the long checkout line at Home Goods.  Seriously, where I else can I shop for a make-up bag, socks, ramekin, AND a phone charger?  No where!  But that checkout line.  It's always a FAVORITE.

 And my kiddos' FAVORITE thing this week is our visitor....Poppy!  Nixon has been asking for a dog since he could talk.  We're not 100% on board just yet, but we're entertaining the idea.  I'm a dog rookie and pretty much have no clue.  Poppy is letting us practice and check out this whole dog owner thing before we truly commit.

To say she's lacking in the entertainment department would be a HUGE understatement.  My kids will not stop saying, "POPPY"!! 

She tried to escape from the crazies, but they found her.  :)

And my foot looked like I was nine months pregnant, so I spared you.

At this point, Bowen has found the higher ground in our house and has planted himself.  Hahaha!

One of my FAVORITE nights of the year happened this week.  Our Scarf Exchange!  It's always a fun kick-off to the fall.  Now is the weather cool enough for all those darling scarves just yet?  Absolutely not, BUT I'm hoping the cool weather is RIGHT around the corner.

And a little trip down memory lane...




I hope you girls have a FABULOUS weekend!  XOXO


kelly said...

This is gonna be a funny question but I'm curious about the book one of your boys is coloring in while you were at Starbucks for their wifi? Looks like a different kind of coloring book?
Also I love your rug where the "crazies found poppy" haha. I don't know if you'd mind sharing where you got it? Thanks Erica for sharing your life with us!

Emily at 'a little bit of Emily' said...

I am with you on the shorter weeks feeling so much longer! Good luck with the puppy trial!

Narci said...

Aw!! I hope Bowen had the best first week of school!! Happy Friday!!

Erika Slaughter said...

It's actually Disney scrapbook paper. Ebby Lee just likes to draw pictures with it.

And that rug is from Ballard Designs. :)

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!

Megan @ Letting In The Light Blog said...

Great favorites! Especially the Shulls exciting news! But let's take a minute to talk about your rug that Poppy is hiding on. I need that rug in my life!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

I stared at the picture with the flower a sweet forever (before I read what you said) and couldn't figure what in the heck you were covering up! Laughing so hard! That pic of the two big kids with Poppy is absolutely precious, and I don't know about you, but I sure am ready for a Shull update!

Erika Slaughter said...

Yes, you do! Ballard Designs. :)

Elizabeth said...

Ilove that rug!! I bet it wil be hard for the kids to give Popy back! my daughter (who is 6 months old!) LOVES dogs and everyone keeps telling me we need to get her one

Erika Slaughter said...

Hahahaha!!! It was so big that it looked awkward! Me too, friend!!

Erika Slaughter said...

We'll see! My kids are gonna be tired when she leaves. They're doing their best to entertain her and impress. Ha!

Megan said...

Love that you are experimenting with poppy!! I seriously wondered about poppy yesterday morning when I read Shay's post! Sooo fun! I bet Nixon is in heaven!!!

Kelsey @ The Peacock Roost said...

Hope Bowen has the best preschool year!! Love that scarf exchange you all do. Such a fun friends tradition!!

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

You guys should totally get a dog! I've had one my entire life and I couldn't live without one! They are just so loving and snuggly and they will make you so, so happy! Even if house training is a pain!

Megan @ Letting In The Light Blog said...

I should have known. I LOVE Ballard!