Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Show and Tell Tuesday-Three Things I Can't Live Without


Happy Tuesday!

I hope you had a great weekend-full of relaxation and fun!

Today, I'm joining Andrea for Show and Tell Tuesday.  We're talking Three Things We Can't Live Without.  Of course I should say things like food, water, and shelter, but that would be no fun to read.  Right?  I decided I'd share three things that are just extra things I'd have a tough time living without.


#1 The INTERNET

This one came at the perfect time because our internet was messed up last week and is out AGAIN!  A guy came out to fix it and apparently, something is still messed up.  BOO!  I feel angry deep down in my soul (and I know this sounds ridiculous but I'm being honest with you) when we have zero internet.  I think it's because it's completely out of my control and the automated number I have to call makes me crazy.  #theresalsothat

Yesterday, Ebby Lee and I drove up to the nearest Starbucks to make sure this post happened today.  :)




#2 Cell Phone

Do you guys ever accidentally leave your cell phone at home?  Or is that just me?  When I do forget it somewhere, I feel like I'm missing a child.  It's so strange because I was one of the last people on the planet to get a smart phone.  Before my I-Phone days, I just did NOT see how I'd ever want to access the internet on a phone!  hahaha!  Bless my heart.

Top: Here (on sale)
Jeans:  Here (mine are a darker version)




 AND


#3 Mexican Food

There was a time in my life when I remember eating chips and salsa DAILY.  #canwesayfreshmanfifteen
But I was REALLY happy.  haha!

I might not have be born in Texas, but my taste buds are SO thankful I made it here.  Mexican food is my jam so we try to eat it as often as possible.  These days I try to limit my chips and salsa intake to those nights we dine out.


A few honorable mentions...
*Online shopping
*Amazon Prime (do you guys love this as much as I do)
*Coffee creamer (I would be so sad to have to live without this)
*Fall weather


What about YOU guys??  What THREE THINGS would you choose?

Thanks for stopping by today!  See you tomorrow!  XOXO

In case you've missed some other Show and Tell posts, you can check them out here...


Show and Tell Posts from 2015:

22 comments:

Happylife40 said...

Erika, I will make you feel better about being the last person with a smart phone........I don't have a cell phone. The last one I had was yearsss ago and was a flip phone. I loathe phones. I don't like voicemails, I don't like the ringing, I just can't. I have an Ipad and do everything on that. I do have a land line. I know I am the only one without a cell.

Narci said...

Girl--too funny! I feel you about the internet being out and the Tex-Mex. yes ma'am! ;)

Sarah Shaneyfelt said...

Yes to the Internet! When we finished building last year, we were without internet for almost a week and I felt so lost and disconnected to the world haha! It's so crazy how much we depend upon it! And I agree with your honorable mention--Amazon Prime! If I'm not ordering something then I'm watching something...like Downton Abbey right now!
Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

Mix and Match Mama said...

Girl! Amen to all THREE!

Meagan @ The Clanahan Fam said...

Ha! Had to laugh at the chips 'n salsa. Mexican is my JAM. It's mainly the reason I work out ;) I couldn't live without diet coke. I know it's terrible for me but that first diet coke in the morning gets me through. You do not want to talk to me unless I've had my diet coke intake. And all the praise hands for anything with free shipping and returns (looking at you, Nordstrom). I don't remember the last time I actually set foot in our big mall here. #upsmeallthethings

Whitney Pegram said...

Yes, girl .... all the Mexican food!!

Johannah said...

So funny!! Our internet has been wishy washy lately, and it's SO frustrating so I totally get it!!!
Have a great day!!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Have you seen the commercial with the family whose internet is out? It is HYSTERICAL. And YES to ALL THE TACOS. :)

Scavenger Hunt Blog said...

Amen amen and aaaaamen!! I hate that I am sooo dependent to my phone and Internet. But not Mexican food!!!
Lesley McFarland
Www.kltfamily.blogspot.com

Elaine said...

Those are good. We played battle of the sexes this weekend with friends and my question was "if you had to live without Internet, cell phone or cable TV which would it be??" So so hard!!! I still don't know my answer! (And you couldn't go without cable but then watch on your computer or phone...they were specific!)

Emily at 'a little bit of Emily' said...

I feel your pain about the Internet! Mine can be finicky and when it is I get angry deep down too!! Like you I was one of the last people to get a smart phone. When I forget it at home it really does feel like something is missing!

alison said...

Yes to the Internet! We just moved and were without internet for about a week and I was going crazy! You never realize how much you use it on a day to day basis. Lol

Bri Runde said...

Love it! And number 1 makes me want to cry right now, because I am going through it... WAH!!! We moved this summer, and for some reason not one company can get internet out to us! It's been bad! :(

Unknown said...

Yes to the internet being out! Wait until you have teenagers and the internets out! I think Amazon prime would have to be a can't live without, I'm sure all of the birthday presents and Christmas presents come from prime! If I can't get it prime we don't get it 😂

Joe and Britt Hensley said...

Mexican food....ahh!! Seriously it's our family's life line, I swear.

Sarah said...

My Microwave...to reheat my coffee over and over again since I can't seem to just sit and enjoy it.

Leigh (Balancing By Faith) said...

I am with you on Mexican food!!! And last week I left the house, without my phone, and after realizing it turned around to go get it. No way I could be without it for an evening, it's like losing an arm!!!

Melanie Smith said...

So basically I could have copied this entire post and put it as my 3. Phone, yes. Internet, YES. Mexican food, YES YES!

Kelsey @ The Peacock Roost said...

All 3 of these are definitely needed! I feel totally lost if I forget my phone. I'm not on mine all the time but I like the security of knowing it's there if I need to talk to someone! Mexican food...always a must!
Kelsey
www.thepeacockroost.com

Queen In Between said...

Mexican food would definitely be on my list!! And seriously...I sometimes am frantically looking for my phone only to find it's in my hand!!

Megan said...

Great picks!!! It is hard to think of just 3 essentials!!

Rachel Zimm said...

Haha, I do feel like I'm missing a child when I forget my phone.
I wish I weren't so dependent on it!
And I've been testing out Amazon Prime, and I can definitely see how it can be addicting :)