Monday, October 17, 2016

A Little Recap

It's time for a big dose of catching up!  I have lots of pictures to share so get comfy.  :)

Nixon is a big fan of this baby girl.

We had our annual fall pictures taken with Mrs. Narci.

This is me every Sunday night. :)

This sums up the sock situation in our house.  

A couple weeks ago, Bowen's preschool teachers asked me to make Play-dough for October.  My mom was a kindergarten teacher for a LONG time.  I remember her making Play-dough for her class every year and oh, how I wish I would have been helping her.  It took me two attempts and a LOT of stirring to get that final batch.

A couple weeks ago we celebrated a sweet friend's birthday with a surprise dinner.  Her husband had told her just the two of them were going to dinner and when they arrived we were all sitting there.  Fun night with friends!

Miss Madeley got to attend and was full of giggles. (Kind of blurry but too cute not to share.  Right?)

Bowen and Ashby came to tennis with me to watch the big girls.  Miss Priss was full of poses.  :)

I caught these two praying before dinner.  So sweet!

Something happened this week and my kids were all about legos all the time.  Our dining room table has looked like this all week.

Tuesday night was Girl's Night Out!  Us mamas left the kiddos at home and we headed straight to the new theater in town.  Moviehouse & Eatery just opened.  The recliners were crazy comfy, full menu, and service right to our seats.  We watched Girl on the Train and here are my thoughts...

*I apparently turn an R rated book into a PG book while I read.  Meaning I just skim those parts.
*It was pretty similar to the book.
*Definitely rated R for a reason.

Nixon had football pictures on Saturday morning and then a football game but my phone died.  UGH!

Then we had Libby's birthday party on Saturday afternoon at a local petting zoo.  Ebby Lee was stoked about the pony ride.

 The kiddos got to ride a pony,

Feed the pigs,

 and feed the wallaby.

Bowen got brave and right before the party ended decided he wanted to ride.

And peer pressure caused Nixon to ask for a ride as well.  :)

Whew!  Think I'm all caught up!  I'll see you back here tomorrow where I share all my quirky.  :)


Leslie said...

Hi Erika! Your kiddos are just the cutest little things! It looks like you had a very eventful weekend!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Love the catch up post and getting to see all of these cute pics! I had to make salt dough for Carter's class last week, it was 3 ingredients, and I was SO PROUD of myself when it came out. Carter was proud too and said we needed a you tube channel for science experiments! :)

Mix and Match Mama said...

That picture of Ashby is so cute! I'm so glad we get to do life together every day :). And PS: I had so much fun at Amanda's party too! #evenwithmybaby ;)

Narci said...

Well, what fun pictures!!! I love that picture of Ebby Lee on the pony! Too cute! Xo

Emily at 'a little bit of Emily' said...

What a fun week! Girls night at the movies sounds like fun, even if the movie was a bit more than you were expecting. The pony rides look amazing - what a neat experience!

Meagan @ The Clanahan Fam said...

That picture of Bowen and Ashby praying?! I melt. Have a great week, girl! said...

The pic of A & B praying. .oh my heart 😍

Heather S said...

I'm laughing so hard at the R rated to PG rated book! I did the same thing with 50 Shades, only read the story part and skipped all of the ahem..."shades". I'm pretty sure I skipped half the book 😂

Stephanie said...

The Grinch meme is on point.

Amanda said...

I still am shocked that Craig pulled that off!! I honk from now on we should all have surprise parties!!! 🎉🎉🎂. And I'm so glad you brought Madeley! Love those sweet cheeks!!

Olivia said...

Ryan and I were just talking about that theater and have been waiting so long for it to open up...opening up in Fall is not a good time for us :) Hopefully we'll have a free night for a date there soon!

Angela said...

Random, silly question....where do you buy socks for your boys? I buy 'no show' socks for my son but they still show.

Megan said...

That theater looks awesome!! Looks like the Slaughters have been having tons of fun!

Brooke Richardson said...

I loved all these sweet pictures!!!