Friday, October 14, 2016

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!  I'm hoping for a yucky, rainy, stay-inside kind of day today.  The kind that forces me to clean out some closets.  ha!  Let's see if that happens.  :)

I'm joining forces with Andrea and Narci today to share my Friday Favorites.

To keep us all organized, I numbered my favorites today.

#1 Tim Tebow
I've shared my love of this guy before.  It cannot be easy in the eye of the media to stand up for your faith continually like Tim Tebow does.  I heard this story yesterday on the radio about a guy who fell in the stands and began having a seizure.  Tebow ran to his side to begin praying for him.  He stayed with him for fifteen to twenty minutes until the paramedics took him.  Hands and feet of Jesus right there.  In the midst of everything going on around us, wouldn't it be nice to hear more stories like this on the daily?

#2 Lash Boost

Woot woot!! Introducing Rodan + Fields LASH BOOST for fuller-looking, longer-looking, darker-looking eyelashes! 

So how does Lash Boost work exactly? 

1. First, it MOISTURIZES the eye lash.
2. Next, Lash Boost provides NUTRITION to the lash through 3 different amino acid peptides.
3. Lastly, Lash Boost PROTECTS the lash from breakage and brittleness with biotin and keratin

If that wasn't enough, here's what else differentiates LASH BOOST in the marketplace!

*No prescription necessary! 
*It's a single tube application like mascara, so no multiple disposable brushes! 
*No eye color changing side effects! 
*Comes in a full 60-day quantity with our 60 day money back guarantee! 
*Also effective on eyebrows! 

How do YOU get your hands on Lash Boost ASAP? 

*Place a Preferred Customer order (new OR existing PCs) with me in October to be entered to win a FREE Lash Boost! 

*Become a Consultant on our RFx or Big Business investment kits! 

*Message me to be added to a pre-order list for when Lash Boost launches to Preferred Customers on 11/2! 

Let me know if you'd like to order one or learn more
My Lash Boost is on it's way to me.  #cantwaittotry

#3  Free People
For whatever reason I've been totally feeling the chunky sweater vibe.  Does anyone have this Free People sweater?  I'm anxiously awaiting a price drop on the Free People aisle.  ha!

This one is on it's way to mama.  Isn't it cute?  And the back...darling.  I shared it yesterday in Sideline Style in the plum color, but I'm loving this ivory. 

#4 Big Mama Post
Did you guys read Melanie Shankle's post on Wednesday about sweatpants?  It was hilarious and I had to share, just in case you missed it.  I was shaking my head throughout the entire post!

#5 This is Us
I know a lot of us have fallen for NBC's new show, This is Us, that airs every Tuesday night.  I just got caught up on this week's episode last night.  I'm loving it.  As much as I hate having to wait seven days to watch the next one, (thank you Netflix for creating my inability to wait...what happened to my patience?) I love the idea that so many of us are watching this show at the same time.  I know we did it with Big Brother but the shows give off two totally different vibes so they're in different categories.  :)

#6 Eligible
I'm in the middle of reading, Eligible.  I kept telling you guys the books I was reading were dark, disturbing, and creepy, but this one is the complete opposite.  I'm LOVING it!  If you need a light-hearted girly read, this is your book.

#7 Our Purpose
It's been a heavy week in our town...cancer, death, etc.  I'm not sure what your life or your week has looked like, but if you're like me-you know you're there for a reason.  I pray I'm being a light to others around me, am encouraging others along the way, and am using these moment's for His glory.

Hope you girls have a great weekend!  XOXO


ReachingBeyondMediocrity said...

I love your final quote and the scenery that surrounds it! Makes me take a different mindset on some things that seem so hard; perhaps that's exactly why we were created!

Mix and Match Mama said...

You and Tim T crack me up ;). And I'm so glad you love Eligible!!!

Sarah Shaneyfelt said...

I think we're all loving This Is Us so much is because it's the first thing that's been on tv that hasn't been vulgar or obscene and pretty much everything is! It's such a great show! And I love the Free People split back top you ordered!!
Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

I read Melanie's post yesterday and laughed out loud ALL THE WAY through it! It was like we hopped in a fashion time machine! HYSTERICAL.

Ashley said...

I LOVE that last verse you posted. I've had a tough week too, and I can't tell you how much I needed that. Here's to a happy weekend & knowing God always has a wonderful and unique purpose for us :)

Erika Slaughter said...

I loved it too. :)

Erika Slaughter said...

He is one of my favorites ;) but I would have shared it about any celeb. That's good stuff.

Erika Slaughter said...

I completely agree! Can't wait to watch next week.

Erika Slaughter said...

I did too! And the images made everything better. Haha!

Meagan @ The Clanahan Fam said...

Thank you for sharing that last quote! It has been SUCH a heavy week around here as well. Such an important reminder, for such a time as this :) {And at the risk of sounding too cheesy, your blog and others are my "lights" in the morning many times - just a good way to start the day with positivity and encouragement, so thank you for that!}

Erika Slaughter said...

He absolutely does. :)

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you, Meagan! I'm so thankful we've "met" and am so happy to call you friend! Hope you have a great weekend!

Grimes Life said...

Happy Friday! Thank you for the reminder in the verse, it's a good one! That r&f lash boost is calling my name and the Free People sweater is adorable!

Joe and Britt Hensley said...

As a Vol fan it is impossiblentoblike a Florida Gator, however Tim Tebow causes me to defy the laws of football science. I love, love him too! Also, your last favorite was such a great reminder! Thank you & happy weekend!

Megan said...

I love those free people sweaters! They scream "wear me and cuddle by the fire!" Happy weekend girl!

Joe and Britt Hensley said...

*impossible to like


50 Days Of No Grey said...

It is very cold and wet here today, the sweater would be perfect!

Jenny said...

I'm definitely a Tim fan as well. How can you not be... such a great guy! Have a great weekend!

alison said...

Loving This is Us! I think all the characters are so easy to love ❤️

Abby Clark Clark said...

I don't know if you saw but SHOPBOP has their sale and that free people sweater is 25% off !!!

Kelsey @ The Peacock Roost said...

LOVE Tim Tebow!! We have This is Us on the DVR to catch up on and I can't wait to start it! You are absolutely a light to so many people through your blog and I'm sure you are to those in your daily life!

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

Yes, This is Us definitely lived up the hype! I find myself surprised at something in every episode and I also find myself crying from every episode... that's how you know it's good! Haha. Happy weekend!

Lisa C said...

The Free People sweater is on sale at Macys and Nordstrom will price match if you send them a link or call customer service

Paula said...

I love love love Tebow! Even despite he went to Florida! ;) This story is fabulous! He is such a great role model for young athletes!

Ashley Van Dam said...

I love Tim Tebow too. There was another story a little while ago where Tim was on a flight and a man had a heart attack in the air and Tim stayed with him and his family the whole time praying for them. Amazing!

Also Amazing - This is Us. Love that show!!!!

Casey said...

Those sweaters look so comfy. I bought a super chunky Free People Long Summer Pullover in cream last year and am obsessed. It's so comfy I could sleep in it!!!

Casey |

Queen In Between said...

I died over Melanie's post! I am two weeks behind on This is Us...gonna try and catch up tonight....loving it. Sorry you guys have had some heartache. Thanks for being an uplifting place to come and visit!

Emily Harrison said...

My Lash Boost is ordered! I'm so excited to try it.

Terra Heck said...

I keep hearing great things about This Is Us. I really need to watch it sometime soon. You're right, the world needs more people like Tim Tebow. Did you know that he leads Night to Shine every February? Because of him, people with special needs can dress up and be treated like prom royalty. I went as a buddy last year and it was such an amazing night.

Happylife40 said...

Erika, I am so sorry about the heavy week you have had. Cancer is just awful. My childhood friend's preteen daughter is going through the traumatizing effects of chemo for her serious form of leukemia. It is heartbreaking. My thoughts go out to anyone dealing with any kind of disease and to their families and loved ones too! Also, how is Manda doing, Erika? Many positive and healing thoughts to her as well!